Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
Mrdavid445
Minors (Single A)

Baseball League Major (BLM) Has 1 Opening!

BLM (previously known as PSE) just had an opening come up. We've recently gone through some overhaul, including a server change, so we do not have a website up (yet!). Nonetheless, the Chicago White Sox are a very young team with the #3 farm system. With players like Yoan Moncada and Tim Anderson coming up, they desperately need a GM who can shape them into a playoff team. Financially, they are very well-off, with very few (if any) bad contracts on the team.

League Name: Baseball League Major

Reports: http://blm.sportsrealm.net/lgreports..._144_home.html

OOTP Version: OOTP 17, with plans on switching every odd version

Communication: Slack

Date in game: January 12th, 2018

Ratings: 1-20

Coaches/Scouts/Stars: All three are on

Pitcher/Batter Aging: 0.9

TCR: 100

Injury Frequency: Low

Additional League House Rules

We use statslab for the draft, and reports are updated just about every sim. We have a great group of guys and are hoping to add another! If you're interested, please email me: 445mrdavid@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
Mrdavid445
Minors (Single A)

Filled quickly! Thanks for the interest! If you're interested in our league I can add you onto a wait list
Old 06-30-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
Mrdavid445
Minors (Single A)

Diamondbacks GM just informed me he no longer has time for the league, so we have another opening!

Thanks to their hitting, the Diamondbacks clinched a wild card spot in 2017. They have a young core of players in the majors and AAA team, and just need someone to guide them to another playoff appearance!

Please email me if you're interested (445mrdavid@gmail.com)
Old 09-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
Mrdavid445
Minors (Single A)

One Opening!

The Chicago Cubs have just opened up. They won 97 games last year in a highly competitive NL. We are nearing the end of spring training, and are about to start the draft. We are currently in the 2019 season.

Reports: http://blm.sportsrealm.net/lgreports..._144_home.html

Please email me (445mrdavid@gmail.com) if you're interested or have questions

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #5
Mrdavid445
Minors (Single A)

1 New Opening!

The Seattle Mariners have opened up!

The Mariners have been rebuilding since the league inception (2016), and as we approach the 2020 season, are just about completing their rebuild. They have a lot of good young talent and added some nice free agents, they just need a committed GM to help guide them back into the playoffs.

As stated in the first post, we use OOTP 17, but will switch every odd version. We will be entering spring training with tonight's sim, and with the draft about to begin, now is a great time to join! Some additional information...

-Regular season sims are 1 week long, and are on M/W/F/SU @ 10 PM ET. Offseason sims are every day

-We recently added competitive balance picks to help the lower budget teams. We are also toying with the idea of a winter league for next offseason

Because we've had a revolving door at Seattle, we're looking for someone who is committed. If you're interested, please email me 445mrdavid@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
whizkid1950
Minors (Double A)

Opening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdavid445 View Post
The Seattle Mariners have opened up!

The Mariners have been rebuilding since the league inception (2016), and as we approach the 2020 season, are just about completing their rebuild. They have a lot of good young talent and added some nice free agents, they just need a committed GM to help guide them back into the playoffs.

As stated in the first post, we use OOTP 17, but will switch every odd version. We will be entering spring training with tonight's sim, and with the draft about to begin, now is a great time to join! Some additional information...

-Regular season sims are 1 week long, and are on M/W/F/SU @ 10 PM ET. Offseason sims are every day

-We recently added competitive balance picks to help the lower budget teams. We are also toying with the idea of a winter league for next offseason

Because we've had a revolving door at Seattle, we're looking for someone who is committed. If you're interested, please email me 445mrdavid@gmail.com

Thanks!
emailed ya
whizkid1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:22 PM   #7
Mrdavid445
Minors (Single A)

1 New Opening!

The San Francisco Giants have opened up!

The Giants actually won the very first league World Series (2016), but since then have fallen into rough shape. The fact that the team hasn't had a consistent GM certainly doesn't help. The Giants owner is understanding and is happy to go through a rebuild process, and as such the budget is still top 10 in the league. The Giants farm system isn't ranked well, but the team has players on the ML roster that could be moved to help with that. Like the Mariners (now filled), the Giants desperately need a long term GM. If you're up for the challenge, they're the team for you.

The current in-game date is July 6th, so now is the time to take the Giants and help replenish the farm system. If you're interested, please email me (445mrdavid@gmail.com)

Thanks
Old 01-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #8
Mrdavid445
Minors (Single A)

2 Openings!

League has just entered the 2020 free agency (a pretty decent pool too!), and we have 2 openings:

Texas Rangers: There's no sugar-coating it: the Rangers are just bad. Their previous GM tried doing a complete rebuild but it was a complete failure. They have no major league talent, and their farm is mediocre at best. This team will required a very skilled and patient GM. Bringing this team back from literally the dead would be a major accomplishment that I would give you a good job sticker if I had one. Although they don't have any major league talent or farm system, they do own a top 5 draft pick and have a ton of financial flexibility.

Toronto Blue Jays: The Jays were actually a decently run team before their GM stepped down. They have a lot of good bats, and a decently good pitching staff. They just struggled on defense and are in one of the tougher divisions. Their farm system is mediocre, but they do have a some money to work with (~20 million). It's a very flexible team in that you can tear it down and get a ton of good prospects, or give it some minor tweaks and turn it into a playoff team.

League Constitution: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...YBxe1qTUw/edit

League Reports: http://blm.sportsrealm.net/lgreports..._144_home.html (ignore the hiring news, I just temporarily took them so AI wouldn't screw them up)

If you're interested in either team, please email me: 445mrdavid@gmail.com. We also have 1 or 2 teams that may need a new GM in the future, so if you are waitlisted you likely won't have to wait for long.

Please also keep in mind that while we're currently on OOTP 17, we do plan on switching to OOTP 19 within a couple patches.

Thanks!