Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 07-13-2017, 05:16 AM   #41
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Is there any way that in FHM4 where you view the NHL transactions in that box you can have them listed by most recent instead of by oldest to newest? Once you get years into a game save it takes forever to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the most recent transaction. Normally you could just pull the tab down to the bottom real quick but it will not let you once there are hundreds of transactions so you are stuck having to scroll through everything. It could take minutes to get all the way to the bottom in some cases. Please change this if you could. Newest transactions should always be shown first. Who wants to see when they first click on the tab to see recent trades trades that happens seasons before. Those should be at the bottom.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #42
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

A feature that would prove popular and very informative (if its not too late) would be the visual tracking of attributes and how they improve or decline over a players career.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:36 AM   #43
Unsung_Hero
Bat Boy

I love this game but the only thing I wish was different was the player rating system. It's hard to see the gap between players when looking at your roster screen since the range is 0-5 stars. That's a very small range for one level, let alone junior through to the NHL. It would be cool to include an option to display a numerical overall rating for players instead of the 0-5 stars.
Unsung_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #44
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung_Hero View Post
I love this game but the only thing I wish was different was the player rating system. It's hard to see the gap between players when looking at your roster screen since the range is 0-5 stars. That's a very small range for one level, let alone junior through to the NHL. It would be cool to include an option to display a numerical overall rating for players instead of the 0-5 stars.
Remember Stars arent everything. FHM and OOTPDevs other games are not EA games. You need to look at stats and other ratings to make the most informed decisions. Stars are merely guides and often they have decent amount of error. Example: in my game Patrick Kane is only 4 stars. My Scout seems to also think Panarian is only 3 stars but the consensus rating has him at 4.5 stars. Things vary take star ratings with a grain of salt.
slugger922cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #45
Chomps
Major Leagues

When will you have an update and discussion on FHM4 and the new features?
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #46
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Not for a little while yet.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:28 AM   #47
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
I can´t say any specific on features yet but I can at least give you a small update on where we are in the progress of FHM 4 development:

We had a deadline to be "feature done" around August 1st and for the most part met this deadline (a few small things are still unfinished but I don´t see any reason they should be not done in time for the release).

We now started the beta test phase and the research for the 2017/18 DB continues to be worked on hard for the next weeks up until the release date.

So long story short: our timetable seems to work out perfectly so far this year (fingers crossed).
Old 08-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #48
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I can´t say any specific on features yet but I can at least give you a small update on where we are in the progress of FHM 4 development:

We had a deadline to be "feature done" around August 1st and for the most part met this deadline (a few small things are still unfinished but I don´t see any reason they should be not done in time for the release).

We now started the beta test phase and the research for the 2017/18 DB continues to be worked on hard for the next weeks up until the release date.

So long story short: our timetable seems to work out perfectly so far this year (fingers crossed).
Is there a way for people like myself to get involved in assisting with beta testing? I have been playing hockey simulators since HLS2.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:20 AM   #49
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
Is there a way for people like myself to get involved in assisting with beta testing? I have been playing hockey simulators since HLS2.
I don't know if we need any more help or not, but the best way to find out would be to send a PM or email to Jeff.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #50
TNIRISHFAN
Minors (Single A)

Hey Beta testers, I know the developers won't even acknowledge the questions about multiplayer for FHM 4, but respond with a smiley face for yes to Multiplayer, and a frown for no to Multiplayer.

Thanks ahead.
https://simsportsgaming.com
@ootpmanager on twitter
TNIRISHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:04 AM   #51
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNIRISHFAN View Post
Hey Beta testers, I know the developers won't even acknowledge the questions about multiplayer for FHM 4, but respond with a smiley face for yes to Multiplayer, and a frown for no to Multiplayer.

Thanks ahead.
I am all please bring back multiplayer!
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:57 AM   #52
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks ahead.

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 08-22-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:50 PM   #53
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:

Thanks ahead.
It won't be in FHM4. There are a number of reasons for this, but the biggest is that, given the other things we wanted and needed to work on this time, there was no way that we were going to have enough time to do multiplayer properly. We learned our lesson with the way it was added in FHM2: trying to quickly fit in a simplified version of OOTP's multiplayer ended in a result that satisfied nobody - it was feature-poor, and trying to shoehorn a system meant for OOTP into a game that does many things differently made it bug-prone.

So we're not going to repeat that experience - either multiplayer goes in as a major feature that we devote a big chunk of a new version's development time to, or it doesn't go in at all. And this time around, there clearly wasn't going to be that kind of time available. We've added a lot of new things to FHM4 - I think the list of significant new features is noticeably longer than 2 or 3's - and some of those, along with things that were added last year, set the table to make a better multiplayer experience possible. When multiplayer does come back, and it will, it's going to be worth playing.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #54
TNIRISHFAN
Minors (Single A)

JeffR, thank you for a reply. I figured since the questions were largely being ignored that meant no Multiplayer this year, but the total radio silence was a bit off-putting. I guess I will be saving my money again this year, but at least it won't be a gut punch like it was last year.

Thanks for the response.
https://simsportsgaming.com
@ootpmanager on twitter
TNIRISHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #55
croatian
All Star Starter

when we can expect some news ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #56
Robert11729
Minors (Single A)

Yeah I was hoping for some details of the game by now they said mid august.
Robert11729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #57
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

We're very close with starting to release a lot of details, but we're still finalizing a few things.

If you want a sneak peak at what is coming, well Jeff and I have dropped numerous "hints" during the streams the past few weeks.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:32 AM   #58
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Just a small update:

We are feature ready for quit some time now and about 3 weeks into beta testing. We should be on time for our intended release date around NHL Opening Night.

Regarding infos: the NHL needs to approve everything we show so the process is a bit more complicated then in the past. But infos should start to show up as we move closed to release date.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:29 AM   #59
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Just a small update:

We are feature ready for quit some time now and about 3 weeks into beta testing. We should be on time for our intended release date around NHL Opening Night.

Regarding infos: the NHL needs to approve everything we show so the process is a bit more complicated then in the past. But infos should start to show up as we move closed to release date.

Great! Looking forward to hearing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #60
joe-max
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if still relevant, but two things that I have just noticed and that I find mildly annoying and should be fixed easily:

- As AHL team I keep getting informed by pop-up boxes that players have been sent down and up from my NHL affiliate. Especially during off-season this happens frequently without apparent reason. Often the same player comes up and down several times within a few days. Often I have to actively click the boxes away. Sometimes they appear, sometimes not.

- I have received several job offers (also from higher leagues, e.g. KHL) that offer an astonishing 0$ per season.
joe-max is offline   Reply With Quote