Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #41
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenHelen View Post
Hello everybody! I'm new here, tell me, do you have something interesting to read here? I will be glad to meet new people
Read this.....

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=64219
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:52 AM   #42
morningstar8
Minors (Single A)

Is this guide still generally valid for OOTP 22?

Five years, three versions, two US presidents and a pandemic having arrived since this article originally posted...is the advice still generally solid for OOTP 22? I don't see anything that's obviously wrong.
morningstar8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:40 PM   #43
MajaFiggaz
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar8 View Post
Five years, three versions, two US presidents and a pandemic having arrived since this article originally posted...is the advice still generally solid for OOTP 22? I don't see anything that's obviously wrong.
I used it for 16 18 and 20 and in each i was a dominant franchise within the first 5 years in each. In 20 I made the playoffs 18 times and won 5 championships. BTW each time I was the Phillies, using base rosters except for 16

Just finished my 1st year in 22, getting my butt kicked, but the Phils are relatively weak in the tough NL East. I'll let you know how it goes for me after year 5.
MajaFiggaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:20 PM   #44
MajaFiggaz
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajaFiggaz View Post
I used it for 16 18 and 20 and in each i was a dominant franchise within the first 5 years in each. In 20 I made the playoffs 18 times and won 5 championships. BTW each time I was the Phillies, using base rosters except for 16

Just finished my 1st year in 22, getting my butt kicked, but the Phils are relatively weak in the tough NL East. I'll let you know how it goes for me after year 5.
I can confirm that it still works pretty well in '22. In my second year I missed the play offs again, but after a few trades, signing Syndergaard, and moving some guys to strengthen my farm system, Using the framework of the strategy in this post, I made an unexpected run in the playoffs in year 3 and won the World Series. Surprisingly with McCutcheon going nuts in the playoffs and getting NLDS MVP, after being by far the worst player on my roster during the season posting a -1.7 WAR.
MajaFiggaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:12 PM   #45
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

LOL, does it hold up? of course it does!!

been playing franchise mode in so any different sports games for 30+ years at this point, bwahahaha.

it's probably been further streamlined... but the basics should still work well. all about maximizing that playoff roster... the less money you waste on useless parts, the more you can spend on the parts that contribute the most.... with some consideration for injury risks etc... but everyone gets their fair share of that over time.

if you can afford a large budget, you can perpetually field a team better than the RL NY Yankees who have won 25% of WS for 100+ years or whatever it is.

if you got a smaller budget, you may need to have some ebb and flow.

financial discipline will get you more WS wins. Know what you can afford.. don't stretch and any short-term benefit to win "1" WS is far outweighed by more opportunities by avoiding bad years altogether. Watch that 10/5 rule like a hawk... don't get stuck with a dud. flexibility is an underappreciated asset.

I'm not a patriot fan, but they are probably the only major pro sport team that comes close to my way of running a team... consider all ramifications of decisions, maximize value over time... focus on rates of change and not solely on any 1 year. no stupid decisions that paint your organization into a corner... sounds like common sense, but it is not the status quo. they even get ridiculed for incontrovertibly smart moves. This is the dark ages, still... the cultures lead to GM's grasping to keep a job by mortgaging the future, lol.. why does it keep happening if these people are not retarded? Being a RL GM must be 99% nepotism, Bwahahah.... ffs, the common thought was that weight lifting was bad for baseball players! and, that better stats were just voodoo!

One thing cna be said for sure... there is immense room for improvement when it comes to sophistication of running a pro sports team... As of right now it's a bunch of good ol boys, meatheads, and retards that can't comprehend anything beyond pass/fail frame of reference... binary, and derivative thinkers.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 12:32 AM   #46
84Cubs
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
-Day of First Year Amatuer Draft
.....Move 18+ players from International Complex to Minor League System (new scouting values)

What do you mean by "new scouting values"? Don't the scouting values update every month?

Also, wouldn't you promote them at the beginning of spring training rather than wait until the draft?
84Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:20 AM   #47
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Cubs View Post
What do you mean by "new scouting values"? Don't the scouting values update every month?

Also, wouldn't you promote them at the beginning of spring training rather than wait until the draft?
I think this was primarily about killing 2 birds with 1 stone relative to the fact that all short 'lowest' leagues started after the draft when this was written. Do it all at once when the complex players are at oldest age possible without a service year accrued and clears up what you want for late round draft picks that focus on mil filler / depth.

I try to clump together anything that stops game-to-game simulation. I even change trade deadline to match the stoppage for a new month.. 1 day, no big change but my sim doesn't stop as often, lol.

If you have rookie level leagues starting in spring, you could move some then, too.. same thing.

This is about filler players, not 'real' prospects

Scouiting values.. you do get more accurate scouting reports at higher levels (among other factors that matter). But, since this comment is about filler players specifically from the int'l complex, you really don't have to care about their development nor accuracy of scouting at this step / date on calendar. So, i probably shouldn't have put that in prantheses.

EDIT: Oh, i think i recall scouting values update upon promotion... so maybe that... maybe that doesn't happen anymore? maybe they didn't back then.. lol must be some reason i put it there

"Real" prospects get a hand-tailored approach. These are on some shortlist you look at more regularly. Think that's is covered in the guide.

Should hve a slightly sandbagged MIL system if you follow this guide. This means more wins, happier prospects, better development, improving reputation mil coaches etc etc.. not one thing is a huge factor but all together adds up quite well.

just have to draft well enough to replace attrition at AAA to do it. You want a little log-jam for the filler to advance and that allows the good propspects to move freely and solely due to ratings/age and avoiding extraordinarily horrid results. It's okay for real prospects to flounder a bit. You want the filler to be killers, relative to level. - who cares if you slightly impede a never-gonna-be..

Last edited by NoOne; 02-04-2024 at 10:23 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote