Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-20-2019, 05:59 AM   #1
NK1975
Bat Boy

Help and Advice

Hi

I am a newish fan of ice hockey from England that desperately wants a game like this but fears my naivety will make it impossible to play.

I am guessing I could make things easier by playing in GM mode but wonder if there are tutorials and info to help with the details of drafting and trades that's a good introduction for non experts like myself

Am I correct that if I was to play GM mode I cant be sacked? and also as a GM in this game do I have to power to hire and fire the team coach?

Thanking anyone that replies for there help
Neil
NK1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
cmdrsam3
Bat Boy

Been in your boat for sometime myself. Have had a few hockey games including an earlier one from this group. I get frustrated and quit. This one however is different. I have never been 2 months into a season before. I started out as a GM and wanted to let the AI do most of the coaching. Maybe make a small change or something. But after a bad start I took more and more responsibility into the coach as well. I have enjoyed myself so far with it. Its a frustrating game. But a good frustration. Just when I think I have something figured out, nope here is a monkey wrench. It may sound bad, but I mean it in a good way. But for what its worth. I have enjoyed it.
cmdrsam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK1975 View Post
Hi

I am a newish fan of ice hockey from England that desperately wants a game like this but fears my naivety will make it impossible to play.

I am guessing I could make things easier by playing in GM mode but wonder if there are tutorials and info to help with the details of drafting and trades that's a good introduction for non experts like myself

Am I correct that if I was to play GM mode I cant be sacked? and also as a GM in this game do I have to power to hire and fire the team coach?

Thanking anyone that replies for there help
Neil
We don't have a specific tutorials, but we do have (at this point) a large and vast backlog of weekly Twitch Streams on our YouTube channel. That's not much we haven't covered.

How you can help yourself though is to:

(1) Have the Manual out. It answers a lot of things. You can find a link on the bottom of the startup screen.
(2) Ask questions! Just like you're doing now.
(3) Don't be afraid to let the AI control some things. I would recommend still playing as GM/HC, but if let the AI do the things you don't want to, at least to start.

You can play so you don't get fired, and you can fire coaches, but your owner doesn't like spending infinite amounts of money. He may block you until he is unhappy with the coach.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote