Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
avsfan96
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fan Happiness and Playoff Goalies

Fan Happiness - You start the season with a score of 50. My team ends up with 90 Pts and makes the playoffs the last day of the regular season as the 8th seed. But because my team had 3- 5 game losing streaks during the season my score is 49 heading into the playoffs and the fans nor the Owner are happy. Sounds kind of ridicules. Perhaps making the playoffs should have some bearing on Fan Happiness instead of just this +1, -1 stuff. More needs to be put into the Fan tracking scheme.

Playoff Goalies - As the 8th seed my team has to play #1 Seed, Colorado who has Branden Holtby (Hot 4) as their #1 Goalie. He leads the league in Wins and is Top ten in save Pct and GAA. So who does the AI for Colorado pick to be the starting goaltender for the Playoffs? Their backup Goalie Magnus Hellberg who is Ice Cold. He has started all three games so far losing two after playing less than 30 games all season. Again ridicules. After seeing this I looked at the Goalies in the Playoffs and every other AI team is playing their starter. Why the backup against the Human GM/Coached team? I'm in my first season with FHM6 after converting my FHM5 data. This never happened in FHM5.
avsfan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #2
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I agree the fan happiness needs to be tweaked a little. That's why I set my own lines now and lock/save them. The AI line setting seems a bit off this year for sure.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:50 AM   #3
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan96 View Post
Fan Happiness - You start the season with a score of 50. My team ends up with 90 Pts and makes the playoffs the last day of the regular season as the 8th seed. But because my team had 3- 5 game losing streaks during the season my score is 49 heading into the playoffs and the fans nor the Owner are happy. Sounds kind of ridicules. Perhaps making the playoffs should have some bearing on Fan Happiness instead of just this +1, -1 stuff. More needs to be put into the Fan tracking scheme.
Well, I don't see it necessarily redicolous. As you said, you barely made the playoffs at the last day of the regular season - for many teams this is nothing to be proud of.
With that being said, I also think that the fan happiness score needs some tweaking, but it's just the first iteration it got included, so I'm sure it will eventually improve with the time.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

I never let the sim control lines, roles or training. I can do it better...lol and I do question the judgment sometimes especially with lines.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #5
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

I’m the opposite, because the AI isn’t perfect, I let it change my lines (I’m the GM) so I don’t have even more advantages over the AI.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote