Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary

Old 07-19-2020, 09:16 PM   #1
fredbeene
All Star Starter

pbp stored where?

Hmmmm
I thought earlier games had the ability to output the PBP, or save it, to a file.
I don't see that option in 21

Does anyone else see it or know how to save it? the ultimate goal is text to speech so i can listen to it as if it is a real game.
This will be very helpful for the visually impaired.
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
blackrussian
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
Hmmmm
I thought earlier games had the ability to output the PBP, or save it, to a file.
I don't see that option in 21

Does anyone else see it or know how to save it? the ultimate goal is text to speech so i can listen to it as if it is a real game.
This will be very helpful for the visually impaired.
its still there, in the game settings (which you can access in the start screen). in settings, go to expert troubleshooting. then click on the button that reads 'open folder containing file app.cfg & engine.cfg'

once you do that, you'll get a pop up. click OK on that. that should open a your local folder within the game directory called /config. quit OOTP. open app.cfg in that folder with a text editor. there are 2 things in that file you need to enable.

first, add_debug_info_to_in_game_commentary - change the 0 to a 1. then do the same for dump_in_game_commentary_to_file - change the 0 to a 1. save the file. open OOTP and you should see a dialog pop up and tell you that text dumps have been enabled and that the game will run slowly. every game, human or AI will be saved into that game's saved game folder (eg, /MLB2020.lg) as "in_game_1.txt" and so on, sequentially.

you can then open those text game files with whatever you want. keep in mind as far as text-to-speech purposes, the text dump also includes the category and object numbers of each play because its primarily designed for use to check integrity of the play by play (which is what i do when i test my own additions).
Old 08-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #3
fredbeene
All Star Starter

hmmmm, seems like my dream of replicating radio broadcasts is dead on arrival.
i am surprised i am one of the few people who think that is good idea.

i would have it playing in the background ALOT!!!
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote