Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-10-2003, 11:15 AM   #101
JWay
Hall Of Famer

I kinda wish OOTP6 would have player disks like DMB or I want realistic R/L splits :|
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:19 AM   #102
JWay
Hall Of Famer

I also wish that the game kept track of player development for each player. Or send you emails when something happend. When A 37 year old guy who ratings dropped 3 rating points in each category have 3 bad starts before I notice. I sim day by day but its still annoying to check that..
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:04 PM   #103
blynch10
Minors (Triple A)

IF this has been mentioned i nthis thread I'm seconding thirding etc the idea, If not I'd like to see pitchers have ratings for each of their pitches where the overall ratings would be on the main ratings page and have subpages that would breakdown each pitch on ability.

A hall of fame pitcher might have 4 pitches but all of them wouldn't be rated the same. His fastball and slider may be 10's but his curve maybe 7s. Though the game would have to include code to handle how the batter/pitcher matchup would go. Pitcher couldn't just throw all fastballs if it is his best pitch or the oppsoing team would start hititng him as the game progresses. This way the number of pitches would mean something.

hopefully i've gotten across the general idea.
blynch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:58 AM   #104
ryan_the_canuck
Bat Boy

I'd like to see some way of implementing the 40-man roster, six-year minor-league free agents, the rule v draft, waiver claims/trades, etc.

(And yes, I know this is nearly impossible to program, but it's a wish list, isn't it?)
ryan_the_canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 06:28 PM   #105
scefalu
Major Leagues

I know would require a major revision of the current game engine, but how about a physics-based game engine?

Another impossibility to add to the list.

- Shawn
Old 11-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #106
bravefan
Bat Boy

I haven't posted on here before since I've only been playing the game for the past 3-4 months (I'm already in my 3rd season and I'm playing every game out in manager mode (talk about an addictive game)). A few of things that I would like to see are:

1) A more creative schedule generator. Instead of the whole league having the same days off at the same time.

2) With the 5.14 patch, too many hit-by-pitch. About 3-4 per game.

3) Not all players should automatically drop in ratings when they get to an elevated age. Seems like once they get into mid to late 30's they all become virtually useless. Should be less predictable.

4) The ability to adjust defenses ie. shift right or left based on scouting reports of tendency of where they hit the ball. As with the pitchers they have groundball/flyball percentages, there should be percentages of left/center/right hits.

Overall an unbelievable game. I was looking for the best baseball game on the market and I found it. I had HH2003 and haven't touched it since.
bravefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:20 AM   #107
birdsofprey02
Minors (Double A)

Generate Lineup?

I think the lineup generator should adjust according to whos hot and not also.

For instance, I think at this point it only looks at ratings. I had a guy who hit .321 23 homers and the computer made him hit 8th because he had poor ratings. If I have a rookie with no at bats that has awesome ratings, it puts him smack dab in the middle of the lineup, whereas I think he should have to work his way in there and prove his ratings with good stats.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #108
birdsofprey02
Minors (Double A)

This probably isn't a big deal for most of you cause you make your own lineups. I am more of the type of user who plays the game for the GM aspect. I like gettng players under contract and making the deals. Thats why I suggested the better automated depth chart and lineup makers.

Also, How about a type of winter meeting session where you are bombarded with trades and maybe have a few free agent's agents contact you saying they would be interested in joining your team!?!?

That would be awesome.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:48 PM   #109
theREDdoor28
Minors (Triple A)

I would like to see when a player re-signs with a team, or gets offered arbitration in the player history areas. That would be really nice.

Disrepute - DVD Collection - eBay - GWB2004
</CENTER>
theREDdoor28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:08 AM   #110
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Transaction Laws

You must be able to offer contracts with player/club options. The 10-5 rule must be implemented. You should have the ability to backload a contract. You need other clauses such as incentives and no-trade clauses. Signing bonuses and the ability to restructure a players contract would be nice also. I do not think you should be able to trade draft picks as this is not allowed in real life. The only way to aquire more draft picks is if another teams signs one of your players via free-agency. Also I think you should be able to present your case in arbitration hearings and that you can offer arbitration to veteran players.
I do not think that implementing a system that closely remembles the real major leagues would be that hard as All Star Baseball 2004 for PS2 does so very well except for the ability to have the player's salary increase over the length of the deal.
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:43 AM   #111
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

Here's a feature I've always wanted to see, and not being able to use it just now has finally prompted me to post it:

When you are in the trading screen, you can search for players for whom to trade. What this feature lacks is the ability to right-click on a player in the search results window and have that player and his team automatically put into the receiving team window. As it is now, you have to find a player, cancel out of the window, change the receiving team to his team, wait for that team to think of acceptable offers, then find the player you want. It would make things so much easier if you could skip all that by right-clicking.

Being smart, don't always make you popular.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #112
cincinnati chili
Bat Boy

Pitch by pitch mode needed

While OOtp is the best game on the market, and I really like the improvements in version 5, I will NOT buy another version until a pitch-by-pitch mode is available.

Not being able to call for a steal or hit-and-run with two strikes, for example, makes the in-game mode pretty much unplayable for me.

Sorry if this has been said. I read through about 5 pages and didn't see it anywhere.
cincinnati chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:50 PM   #113
Salihna_Al_Assad
Minors (Rookie Ball)

birdsoprey02 made some points that i had been waiting to hear for years....OOTP is to much "RATING" oriented and it really messes up the entire game flow.. for example:
-just like BIRDsoFREY mention, you could have a guy having a great year, but still bats way down in the line-up.

- a young player with great RATINGS but is not major-league proven( and also had decent minor league numbers) will instantly bat in the middle of the line-up.

-once a player reaches around his 30's in age, his RATINGS, decline, and because OOTP is so RATING oriented, his stats will crash down eventhought the guy won a damn MVP his previous year.

im glad the other guy is making his game a more STAT oriented game from what i've gathered but not sure. GM don't look at RATING when they draft and trade for players, they look at numbers, anyone that disagree is not being fair.

my final words are, let's get rid of this rating stuff out the game, i can't stand when my star player ages around 30, his ratings and numbers drops all the time. if the game take stats more seriously, this won't happen has often.
Salihna_Al_Assad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:22 PM   #114
rleibowitz
Minors (Double A)

Report Generator

What would be really nice if in generate report mode - if it would only generate new pages for the pages that were changed during the time period played in the program. Having to upload a complete file all the top tends to take forever, even on a high speed connection, and ftp servers tend to "time-out" making it difficult, if not almost impossible, to upload everything to the web.
rleibowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:52 PM   #115
mhsiegel14
Bat Boy

Team histories

One of the rare lame things about OOTP is the team history page. It would be nice if future version had something more detailed. Basically akin to the year-by-year breakdown in the financial history with something like this:

Atlanta Braves
2007 81-81 2nd place
2008 92-70 1st place, lost Division Series
2009 95-67 1st place, lost World Series

You could have columns for runs scored, runs allowed and maybe even team MVP or something. Manager's name. This history should be made easy to edit so that leagues with long histories can easily bring in the past. It would be even cooler if, somewhere in the team pages, there were banners for divisions won, championships won, retired numbers, etc. Something like a team Hall of Fame. But that's probably asking too much. For now, a non-lame team history page would be plenty to keep the likes of me happy.
mhsiegel14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 12:23 AM   #116
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Ability to import historical players in june of the current season, like they do in the major leagues. This is very important so you know if you have a player who can take over for a player who may be a free agent to be.
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 02:41 PM   #117
Markmeister
Major Leagues

I don't know if these have been mentioned before, but here are my wishes

1) I would like to see the .dat files for names and nicknames moved into the league folders.

I am currently playing a modern and an old-time league and use different name and nickname files for each league. Currently I have to change these files each time I change the leagues I am simming. If each league folder had its own data folder, I wouldn't have to do this. In addition, this would eliminate the chance of me forgetting to change the files.

2) I would love to see a home town .dat file added. I have altered the general info .csv file to add the home towns for one league, but would love it if the game took care of this automatically.

Jersey style logos
Vintage letter logos
Vintage uniforms
Markmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 03:24 PM   #118
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

just a thought i had recently. suppose there was a way to work on a player's mechanics when he is riding a slump (pitcher/hitter). e.g., suppose pitcher A had 3 or 4 bad outings and u (pitching coach) could work on his mechanics (e.g. adjust release point, adjust arm motion, adjust ball grip, etc.) to end/control the bad performances. I thought if there is/was a way to implement this into the game that it would greatly add to the realism. Any thoughts?

dcc
dcpcarmona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:19 PM   #119
bigD4VT
Minors (Triple A)

Like birdsofprey02 and Salihna Al Assad said above, I would like to see more emphasis on statistics, and less on ratings. I would also like home field advantage, waivers and rule 5.
bigD4VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:15 PM   #120
chambertrain
Major Leagues

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I would like to see each player have a baseball card telling how much it is worth like in Inside The Park Baseball.
chambertrain is offline   Reply With Quote