Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
Auk14HP
Bat Boy

League Evolution Stopped Happening

I'm running a fictional league with automatic evolution turned on. The league is entering into its 33rd year of operation (2016 - 2048) and it's now been over a decade since the last league evolution occurred (2036).

Prior to this automatic evolution seemed to happen every 3-5 years. Is it unheard of for 12 years to pass without an automatic evolution even happening? If so, is there a way to "jump start" evolution to get it working again?

For what it's worth, I've double-checked that the "enable dynamic evolution of the league" option is checked.
Auk14HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I've noticed this as well.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I'm not that experienced with league evolution, but if it happens every 3-5 years or so, that means there's about a 75% chance of it not happening.

75% to the 12th power is 3.16%, so about once every three decades, you'll see a 12-year span with no evolution.
bwburke94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I'm not that experienced with league evolution, but if it happens every 3-5 years or so, that means there's about a 75% chance of it not happening.

75% to the 12th power is 3.16%, so about once every three decades, you'll see a 12-year span with no evolution.
huh?
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #5
gemini615
All Star Reserve

My newest fictional league is in it's 16th year and I've had a league evolution event happen twice. First, one of the leagues adopted a DH, and then the IL changed to 14 days. So it appears it's working for me although I'm surprised the league hasn't added more teams yet.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote