Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 12-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #41
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Erie Lakers

The name may be a little on the nose, but if it works for LA, it ought to work for Erie, PA. This struggling squad plays at Ainsworth Park, buoyed by a couple of promising young stars amid a sea of replacement-level vets. I can't recall from where I nabbed this logo, but I know that it has been floating around the internet for years (it also worked better for me than the basketball Lakers' fixation on giraffes).

TrapperJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #42
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Hamilton Hammers

Back to Canada we go—more specifically to Tim Hortons Field in another surprisingly large Toronto-adjacent city. The Hammers were the most recent of the CBL's teams to receive a name change; I tried for a long time to make "Lumberjacks" work, but never arrived at an identity that I was happy with. The name is, perhaps, a little cornball (maybe a lot), so I was a bit resistant to adopt it, but ultimately decided that it fit in perfectly with Hamilton's identity as a major steel center. In my league, the Hammers are God-awful; perhaps they'll fare better in yours.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #43
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Kingston Mounties

We've only just begun in Ontario, where a massive population center has mandated a nice little contingent of teams. Next up are the Mounties, because somebody had to be—another denizen of the division's crowded basement, and the pride of Invista Field.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #44
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Kitchener Kodiaks

The league had been clamoring for yet another mediocre Ontario entrant, but I do love this marriage of city and team name—it felt as though it rolled off the tongue. The logo was adapted from a most awesome concept on SportsLogos, re-colored and Kitchenerized for my purposes. These Kodiaks play (not well) at Cadan Park.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #45
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The London Majors

The Canadian invasion continues, but at least we've arrived at a talented squad. From Labatt Park, the Majors are a speed-and-contact powerhouse with one of the top rotations in the league. I learned only after the fact that the London Majors are indeed a real semi-professional team—though I must have come across the name at some point without realizing that it wasn't fictional.

Old 12-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #46
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

These are all just wonderful, Trapper! Thanks for sharing, and I'll be waiting impatiently for all 192
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:35 PM   #47
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Mississauga Mules

The penultimate team from Canada in the St. Lawrence Division is the Mules, who take advantage of a sweet logo I adapted from someone much more talented than me over at the SportsLogos forums. From Alectra Park in Mississauga—a city larger than Boston, Seattle, and Denver—the Mules are a plodding team with a couple of power bats and a couple of power arms that tends to nestle just south of .500.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #48
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Pittsburgh Ironmen

We're finally out of Canada (for now), where a classic theme gets a new metallic twist. Though I'd settled on this name years ago, I recently updated the logos after someone fortuitously posted a rockin' Pittsburgh Ironmen basketball identity on SportsLogos. I went with black and orange to conjure a little of that Steelers/Pirates magic without completely pilfering the look. The Ironmen are playoff regulars in my league, and play at Bayer Park.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #49
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Rochester Rhinos

Another playoff contender, the Rhinos are an offensive juggernaut who play their home games at Frontier Field. I confess that I can't recall from whom I stole the main and secondary logos, but they are among my favorites. The Rhino name has a history in Rochester—there's a minor league soccer club that lays claim to it, and I thought it would work here as well.

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 12-29-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Forgot an image.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #50
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Toronto Kingfishers

This look was adapted from a Toronto Skyliners concept on (where else) Sportslogos; I toyed with some actual kingfisher images, but none ever worked as well as this simple, classy set. The class of the division—and the last team in the St. Lawrence—the Kingfishers play at Accenture Park.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:37 PM   #51
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

Okay, moving over to the next dozen squads—the Eastern League's Great Lakes Division. First up, from Goodyear Park:

The Akron Arrows

If the name rings familiar, it's because the homonymic Aeros were a AA team from Akron not so long ago. I hadn't settled on a name for my Akron team until recently, when somebody posted a sharp Indianapolis Arrows concept on SportsLogos—once I saw it, the decision was made for me and I put it through the Photoshop machine. In my league, Akron has been a real sleeper squad that has tended to over-perform its relatively meager level of talent.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:24 PM   #52
slothisking61
Bat Boy

These are awesome! Using some already for 1000+ team world league. Thank you!
slothisking61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:11 AM   #53
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Ann Arbor Bucks

I'd had this name paired up with Ann Arbor for a long time, but scrapped an old identity and uniforms when I saw Low's great Madison Bucks concept (and realized that the antlered M could be readily transformed into a stylized AA). The Bucks play at General Motors Park, but are having a little engine trouble in my league.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:15 AM   #54
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Cincinnati Buckeyes

I loved this concept when I first saw it on the retro uniform thread years ago (props to TxRanger), and just did a little tweaking around the edges to modernize it without losing the class or timeless quality of the set. My original name for this team, the Hogs, seems... junior varsity in retrospect. The Buckeyes, of Procter & Gamble Park, are an extremely young roster with everything ahead of them.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:20 AM   #55
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Cleveland Spiders

A team name with a rich history (and maybe even a rich future) in Cleveland, the Spiders were a no-brainer—with plenty of great concepts to peruse. I took elements from a few of my favorite Spider sets and cobbled them together for this one. Like their Cincinnatan rivals, the Spiders are a young team who ought to be scorching in a couple of years; they play their games at Sherwin-Williams Park.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:24 AM   #56
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Columbus Clippers

Nothing to be proud of here; I named this team completely ignorant of the fact that it already existed, and was too stubborn to change it upon realizing my mistake. Having discovered that I could not improve upon their real identity, I gave in to fate with regard to the logos and uniforms—the Clippers are therefore the only team to simultaneously exist, as is, in both universes. Can't win 'em all (and neither can my Clippers, who play at Nationwide Park).

Old 01-02-2019, 01:27 AM   #57
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Dayton Aviators

The middling Aviators, they of Kettering Park, were until recently the Dayton Red Wings (meh). When a great Aviators concept was posted on SportsLogos recently, I made the switch, which was truer to Dayton's history as the hometown of the Wright Brothers. This whole identity is a better fit.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:36 AM   #58
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Detroit Gears

The best team in the Great Lakes Division is the Gears, who play at Quicken Loans Park with a devastating lineup and a ferocious staff. The logos and uniform set were adapted from the Detroit Motors of a terrific league once posted on this forum—unfortunately, I can't recall the name of its creator (if it's you: thanks a million).

Old 01-02-2019, 02:42 AM   #59
kjb023
Major Leagues

Lots of good stuff in here, TrapperJohn, thanks!
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #60
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Flint Wolverines

The mammal most closely associated with Michigan is awarded to gritty Flint; alas, they are among the very worst-performing teams in my league (you deserve better, Flint). At least the fans at Longway Park have a decent color scheme to look at as the team gets bombarded—better days ahead, Flint. Better days ahead.