Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:02 AM   #1
kohut
Minors (Single A)

NHL Draft Anomalies

Using Winnipeg Jets in Sandbox mode.

Very first draft I found the following:
Cody Glass 6'2" 60lbs
A 5'4" player in the draft (not likely to ever happen)
A bunch of players under 150lbs in the NHL draft. When was the last time a player was drafted and weighed under 150lbs? I can understand players being 160lbs and up but these players after Cody Glass are 113lbs and 6'0"

I actually almost took a 5 star potential player who was 140 someodd lbs.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:59 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Heights and weights are only cosmetic in the game, other than a correlation between weight gain and increases in physical stats. So the AI doesn't take those into account when drafting. The low weights are either errors (typo in Glass's case) or data that hasn't been updated recently (not uncommon with younger players, especially if they're in a league that doesn't publish height/weight or update it every season.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:35 AM   #3
kohut
Minors (Single A)

I went to the next draft and 8 players are under 130lbs with the lightest being 114lbs. I am pointing this out so that the game can stop generating players who are 6'1" 114lbs even if weights are cosmetic. By the 2nd draft you have fictional players.

Last edited by kohut; 10-19-2016 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
I went to the next draft and 8 players are under 130lbs with the lightest being 114lbs. I am pointing this out so that the game can stop generating players who are 6'1" 114lbs even if weights are cosmetic. By the 2nd draft you have fictional players.
To try to clarify what Jeff was saying:

The game's not actually generating players with those sort of height/weight ratios.

Those come from real life players who were originally entered into the db with their real life weights, perhaps a few years ago they were 14-15, and that may've grown since then but their their current weights aren't reflected in our source data, or we just haven't gotten to update them in the db lately.

So it's not really a game issue per say with players being generated incorrectly, it's a db/data source issue.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:29 PM   #5
kohut
Minors (Single A)

So if this is the case, at what year are players going to normalize? I am into the 2020 draft and have a 6'0" Goaltender who weighs 111lbs and a handful of players under 130lbs. I will continue simulating. By 2022 there is no way this can be attributed to players in the database because thesse would be 12 year olds right now.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
So if this is the case, at what year are players going to normalize? I am into the 2020 draft and have a 6'0" Goaltender who weighs 111lbs and a handful of players under 130lbs. I will continue simulating. By 2022 there is no way this can be attributed to players in the database because thesse would be 12 year olds right now.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Are you noticing less of these guys as you advance? Because obviously each year will have less real players included in the draft even before they're all gone.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #7
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Are you noticing less of these guys as you advance? Because obviously each year will have less real players included in the draft even before they're all gone.
No, I am not. It is the same each year with the exception of that 60lb guy.