Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:56 PM   #41
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I'm having a hell of a time getting my reports to work. Any idea what I have to do?
Attached Images

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #42
thompsw8
All Star Reserve

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my previous post on how to get the reports fixed. The host I am using said it won't work on their server the way it is setup with the script so I have tried to get some help and we have worked on the host but they said they can't do anything to fix it but the script has to be fixed. Not sure what is going on. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
thompsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:01 AM   #43
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Hey guys I'm really sorry but I am not able to give support to server administration. I would need another 24 hours a day if I would start with that

Go through the problems step by step. "Cannot connect to database": Maybe the connection info is not correct in the database config php file?

"Script will not run on this server" - well there are a lot of possible reasons why this may be true. But nothing I could do to fix it.

First thing: enable display of PHP error messages.

Please guys, keep in mind that you could still just let OOTP upload the reports file by file. There is no reason why you would have to save the reports in a database. It's optional and for some users on certain servers it will work better than using report files. But if report files do work for us, you do not have to use the reports database.

If I were a commish, I would use a clever 3rd party FTP client which would sync my OOTP league folder with a folder on the server. Or some kind of rsync tool. The FTP tools in OOTP are basic and limited in their features. In the end, it's not supposed to be an FTP client, but a baseball game.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #44
thompsw8
All Star Reserve

Thank you so much for the ideas. We will try these and see if we can get it to work. Thank you and everyone at OOTP for all their hard work. I really appreciate the enjoyment I have gotten for the last 10 versions or so. Great game that takes up most of my free time!
thompsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #45
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Please guys, keep in mind that you could still just let OOTP upload the reports file by file. There is no reason why you would have to save the reports in a database. It's optional and for some users on certain servers it will work better than using report files. But if report files do work for us, you do not have to use the reports database.
I can give one very good reason why it's better to use the database reports: Because it is A LOOOOOT faster than uploading the reports file by file. It takes hours to use this method, while the unpacking merely takes minutes.

Honestly, if I had to run a league and update the reports by uploading files one by one, I wouldn't Commish a league. Who in their right mind wants to jam their OOTP game for 1-2 hours if not more uploading reports? No one. The whole sim operation using the database reports takes less than 10 minutes...why use an option that would take hours to run?

I have been trying to help 2 Commishes with the database reports and the unpacking scripts (the old one and the new one) and both use the same host that I am on. The server on which I am hosted (apparently I'm lucky) can still run php 5.4, which runs the unpack script perfectly everytime. The other 2 commishes I'm helping do not have 5.4 on the server that they are hosted on and have tried running the script on both 5.5 and 5.6 and neither works properly.

Either it's a problem with the host, or a problem with the script. But at least, if OOTP gives a script to unpack the reports to a database, they should be able to support it. That's part of the reason why we pay 40$ a year to have a fine running game. OOTP should not hide behind the fact that there's a different way to update online reports. You have 2 options for the reports, you have to support both for your users. It's just common sense.

I don't mean to bash anyone on here, but if the game gives you an option and that option is not running properly, then a patch will fix it. It should be the same for the unpack script. I'm not saying OOTP is solely responsible here for the fact the script is not working, we're asking questions to the host as well (who's not very collaborative) but in the end, this is creating a very frustrating situation for a bunch of people...

Sorry for venting. I love OOTP but the script situation has caused me and 2 other commishes a lot of frustration the past few weeks.
PBCA Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:02 PM   #46
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Could you please give me complete error messages, for example from the servers error log or from PHP error display?
Old 03-02-2016, 12:14 PM   #47
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

This is from the error log:
[26-Feb-2016 09:58:22 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set 'always_populate_raw_post_data' to '-1' in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0

I should be able to get a screenshot of the result from the unpacking soon.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #48
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

So...I have worked with thompsw8 to try and get the reports working in the past hour and this is the result:

Code:
Please wait...
Command: tar xzf '/home2/waynet2010/public_html/league_reports/reports.tar.gz' 2>&1: 
Successfully unpacked the reports.tar.gz file...

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home2/waynet2010/public_html/league_reports/unpackreports.php on line 64
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_a
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_b
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_c
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_d
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_e
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_f
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_g
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_h
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_i
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_j
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_k
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_l
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_m
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_n
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_o
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_p
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_q
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_r
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_s
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_t
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_u
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_v
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_w
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_x
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_y
Successfully touched table waynet20_sblreports_content_z
Opened reports file reports_1.txt...{query} Database Error : 1054 : Unknown column 'md5hash' in 'field list' : SELECT id, md5hash FROM waynet20_sblreports WHERE (type="b" AND name="league_100_home") LIMIT 1
The unpackreports.php script is using a deprecated function that needs to be replaced. This is why the database reports might not be working on some servers.
Quote:
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home2/waynet2010/public_html/league_reports/unpackreports.php on line 64
We made sure that all the server scripts were updated and that the FTP info was directed to the proper place. Seems like the problem is not with the FTP options, but a miscommunication with the database. All the text files are unpacked, but nothing happens when the script is supposed to be sending the reports to the database.

We tried running the script with php 5.5 and 5.6 on the server with the same result each time.

I have a friend who works with php as his job and this is what he had to say about the script error for mysqlconnect():

Quote:
PHP functions are being worked on all time time. eventually the developers come up with newer functions that work better than the older ones and the old ones become deprecated so unneeded... eventually these unneeded functions with a PHP upgrade will just be eliminated and not able to be used anymore.

the mysql_connect function is one of those functions. Its an old function that they have deemed to be unneeded and old. There are other ways to connect to mysql databases one being making database objects called mysqli
So, not to be a killjoy, but even the updated script is deprecated and would need to be rewritten to be "up to date" with today's MySQL standards.

This is the info from php.net http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-connect.php

Hopefully this is something that will be looked at as it may cause headaches to a lot more than a handful of Commishes in the OOTP community...

Last edited by PBCA Commish; 03-02-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #49
Andreas Raht
Administrator

It's deprecated, but that's just a warning, not an error. The error mesage is here:
{query} Database Error : 1054 : Unknown column 'md5hash' in 'field list'

Delete the reports tables in your database. They still have the old format. Then run the scripts again.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #50
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Alright, so I deleted the database (I have separate databases for separate things) and created a new one for the reports.

This is the result we get:
BNN Home Page

The database is full (500+ megs of info in it). So where are all the pages and the graphics?
Old 03-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #51
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Make sure all the paths and settings are correct. Add echo() commands to your scripts to see if the queries really work. Go through it step by step.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:42 PM   #52
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Make sure all the paths and settings are correct. Add echo() commands to your scripts to see if the queries really work. Go through it step by step.
All the paths and settings are correct...we've checked them over a dozen times...lol

This is going to be a noob question, but which files/scripts and where exactly should I add the echo() command?
Old 03-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #53
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Right click on an image and click on Properties and see the image path. For example the bottom image:
PHP Code:
http://www.sblootp.net/league_reports/images/bnn_logo_bottom.jpg 
Check your server if that file exists. I don't think it does.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #54
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

The images are not there. But I thought they got uploaded with the reports...?

I'm transferring them from my computer right now.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:03 PM   #55
Andreas Raht
Administrator

There must be a file .htaccess in the reports folder (where the index.php file is). Please post the content here.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:06 PM   #56
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

OK, so now, we have another problem on our hands:
Old 03-02-2016, 04:08 PM   #57
PBCA Commish
Minors (Single A)

Contents of the .htaccess file
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteOptions MaxRedirects=1

RewriteRule ^box_scores/(.*)\.html$ '/public_html/league_reports/index.php?type=e&name=$1' [L]
RewriteRule ^coaches/(.*)\.html$ '/public_html/league_reports/index.php?type=g&name=$1' [L]
RewriteRule ^game_logs/(.*)\.html$ '/public_html/league_reports/index.php?type=f&name=$1' [L]
RewriteRule ^history/(.*)\.html$ '/public_html/league_reports/index.php?type=h&name=$1' [L]
RewriteRule ^leagues/(.*)\.html$ '/public_html/league_reports/index.php?type=b&name=$1' [L]
RewriteRule ^players/(.*)\.html$ '/public_html/league_reports/index.php?type=d&name=$1' [L]
RewriteRule ^teams/(.*)\.html$ '/public_html/league_reports/index.php?type=c&name=$1' [L]
# Use PHP55 as default
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php
<IfModule mod_suphp.c>
    suPHP_ConfigPath /opt/php55/lib
</IfModule>
Old 03-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #58
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCA Commish View Post
OK, so now, we have another problem on our hands:
That seems to be an old unpack script. Did you update the script files in /online_scripts on your computer?
Old 03-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #59
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Maybe the best choice to start fresh:
- install the latest scripts from this thread in the online_scripts folder on your computer
- manually delete the index.php and the unpack_reports.php file and the reports files from the server
- manually delete the report tables from the database.

Upload again.

If it still doesn not work, send me the FTP connection info and I will log in and have a look. Attention: I'm doing this only once, nobody else needs to send me his FTP info because I will ignore them. Please understand.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:19 PM   #60
Andreas Raht
Administrator

I edited the opening post and added the info that the scripts have to be installed on the local computer.