Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 03-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #121
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
To all the developers thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. It's a great thing to see. I have a few quick questions as someone that will be new to the FHM series when FHM 2 comes out.

Waivers- In an old simulation game I used to play, good players being put on waivers was a major problem that often made the game unplayable. Are there any steps being done to prevent this type of thing from happening in FHM 2?
The roster management AI has seen a lot of tweaking and will continue to see adjustment right up through until release. Ensuring good players don't get waived is a bit part of those adjustments.

Quote:

Retirement- What determines when a player will retire? Is it strictly just age? If you get a guy who's 40 but still putting up 25-30 goals a season will he be able to stick around or is it when you're a certain age you're gone?
No, there's no set age where a player retires... It's a dynamic system and you'll see some players go longer than others.

Quote:
Is there annul NHL awards?
I know in the old game i used to play the guy who won the Art Ross won the Hart 100% of the time. No goalie or defencemen could win it. I hope that will change.
Yes there are annual awards and they sound more dynamic than the previous game you played.

Quote:
One more thing. Will it be possible to allow the CPU to have control of all 30 teams? Or do you have to be the GM of at least one team?
This is definitely possible, to simply do a "watcher" game or just act as commisioner. You aren't forced to take over a team.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:04 PM   #122
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I'm very happy to see how things are progressing. Good job on the screens. Even tho I wasn't a massive fan of the first one, I still believe in this company and the makers of the game. I will be a pre-order guy
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #123
dani9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Can you release them for FHM14? I have the main leagues but are missing so many
i released old ones that i have on my pc...new ones are for fhm2 only

you can find them in the appropriate area on the forums...
dani9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #124
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Are we all going to have the pleasure to use the editor in the game to update players to various teams and also update the stats and skills as opposed to waiting till one day of the year (July 1st) like it is now ?
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #125
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
Are we all going to have the pleasure to use the editor in the game to update players to various teams and also update the stats and skills as opposed to waiting till one day of the year (July 1st) like it is now ?
Yes, there is more flexibility on this now. I did a test on this and was able to use the editor on June 25th, as an example. I'll double check to ensure other dates.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #126
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
Yes, there is more flexibility on this now. I did a test on this and was able to use the editor on June 25th, as an example. I'll double check to ensure other dates.
Thanks for the reply,

One of the features that has frustrated me with the FHM14 has been the fact that we are only limited to one day out of the whole simming year that we can edit all those fields.

It'll sure make it easy to keep our own personal rosters up to date and edit our own opinions on skills and whatnot. Thanks again for the reply Cole!
Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 AM   #127
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,

One of the features that has frustrated me with the FHM14 has been the fact that we are only limited to one day out of the whole simming year that we can edit all those fields.

It'll sure make it easy to keep our own personal rosters up to date and edit our own opinions on skills and whatnot. Thanks again for the reply Cole!

Yup, I checked another game I had in September and was able to fully edit everything as well. So looks like it's pretty wide open. Sebastian can probably respond if there are any limitations yet, but it seems to be wide open in terms of ability to edit.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #128
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I feel like I repeat myself but our goal with FHM is not to make it possible to build any sort of fictional worlds or customize the game in any form you want.

Our main goal with FHM is to give the user the experience to play in a world that is as close to reality as possible.

I have full respect for the passion of some of you guys that want all this fictional and customization options but I also don't want you to be disappointed because FHM just will never be, what you ask for.

We don't have a final decision when during a game it is possible to change different things, some stuff will be changeable all year around, some stuff only on July 1st.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #129
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I feel like I repeat myself but our goal with FHM is not to make it possible to build any sort of fictional worlds or customize the game in any form you want.

Our main goal with FHM is to give the user the experience to play in a world that is as close to reality as possible.

I have full respect for the passion of some of you guys that want all this fictional and customization options but I also don't want you to be disappointed because FHM just will never be, what you ask for.

We don't have a final decision when during a game it is possible to change different things, some stuff will be changeable all year around, some stuff only on July 1st.
Fair enough. I just don't see the fun in being pigeon holed into having rosters that are only updated once every handful of months on your end or waiting once a day in an entire simulation year (July 1st) for example when there is so much movement in the leagues when we can have the ability to keep our own rosters updated so when we start a new game, the likes of a trade that happened yesterday or today can be implemented in a brand new Sim.

I'm not keen nor do I care much for fictionalization but I do respect the people that do, I just think having the ability to make changes on the fly or make changes before I start an entirely new career, I can keep the players as close as it is in the real life and mimic they're fluctuating skills as they progress or de-gress (if thats even a word).

In a nutshell, I'm praying for the ability to edit the players contracts / team rights / height / weight / skill attributes / favorite chocolate bar on the fly or at the start of the game and through out the game.... I'm not interested in team names / changing the teams planet or what interstellar division they play in if you know what I mean.

Last edited by BlackIce; 03-03-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:37 PM   #130
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:

In a nutshell, I'm praying for the ability to edit the players contracts / team rights / height / weight / skill attributes / favorite chocolate bar on the fly or at the start of the game and through out the game.... I'm not interested in team names / changing the teams planet or what interstellar division they play in if you know what I mean.
As Cole said above, currently in FHM2 you can edit those things on the fly. With the exception of chocolate bar of course! And i too admit, it is wonderful having that ability.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #131
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Can I use 18 teams in Juniors while having a 24 teams in the pro league or do I have to have the same number of pro and junior teams?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:16 AM   #132
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know you don't like these comparisons, but early versions of OOTP certainly didn't have an incredible amount of customization, but those types of things were added as versions went on.

Personally, I am one of those who prefers fictional games over real life, and thus, I don't like to hear that FHM will never be what I want in that respect and I don't think it's fair to say either.

Truth be told, FHM 2 has a decent amount of customization for me and in current state I think wil be what I (and other fictional gamers) want from a game. (I've already got immersed in some of my random test games!)

Of course, more options and customizability in future versions would certainly be welcome if they were to come to fruition.

It's ultimately the developers choice on what route to take and getting the game as realistic as possible is a good one

Last edited by Cole; 03-04-2015 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:18 AM   #133
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Can I use 18 teams in Juniors while having a 24 teams in the pro league or do I have to have the same number of pro and junior teams?
No, you don't need the same number of junior teams as pro teams.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:17 AM   #134
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

One final clarification from me, after that I will rest this topic:

Editing a running game is something different for me then editing a quickstart database (which then is used to start a new game).

1. Editing a running game:
The vision we have is, that the user should be able to make sensible changes to the game. That includes e.g. expansion, team re-names, team moves, salary cap changes. Most of this stuff has to happen at one special day (July 1st). Not everything will be in FHM 2 but thats the route we will go in the future.

2. Editing quickstarts to start generate new games with
Give the user a way to edit the existing database and make it available for users to use for new games (pre-game editor is that right word I guess). Thats something we want to improve in the future (again, small steps with FHM 2 in that direction and then improve over time).

3. Fictional Play
We have a basic (but fun) fictional mode now. Of course we will improve it over time but it is not our main focus so most of the very special request by a few will most likely never make it in our fictional mode.

Cut!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:19 PM   #135
Jonesey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
One final clarification from me, after that I will rest this topic:

Editing a running game is something different for me then editing a quickstart database (which then is used to start a new game).

1. Editing a running game:
The vision we have is, that the user should be able to make sensible changes to the game. That includes e.g. expansion, team re-names, team moves, salary cap changes. Most of this stuff has to happen at one special day (July 1st). Not everything will be in FHM 2 but thats the route we will go in the future.

2. Editing quickstarts to start generate new games with
Give the user a way to edit the existing database and make it available for users to use for new games (pre-game editor is that right word I guess). Thats something we want to improve in the future (again, small steps with FHM 2 in that direction and then improve over time).

3. Fictional Play
We have a basic (but fun) fictional mode now. Of course we will improve it over time but it is not our main focus so most of the very special request by a few will most likely never make it in our fictional mode.

Cut!
Thank you for the clarification! I can't even imagine the amount of work you and your team have put into this game and I can't say thank you with much but words and my wallet.

I know most of us that want a fictional mode aren't asking for much than being able to have fictional teams / players in a customizable league size with a minor league and junior league. I appreciate the fact you guys are wanting to build a solid "real world" game before exploring other options and I am glad to hear that fictional play will not be completely thrown out the window.
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #136
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Sebastian forgive me if it is mentioned elsewhere but would it be possible to have FHM2 start on July 1st, rather than in August? In FHM 14 it seems to start in August when we begin a new game. That way we could alter a few things in the game before the initial season starts like the point system and other league rules without having to sim ahead to the next season to do so. If we can already do this in FHM14 than I must have missed it.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #137
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
Sebastian forgive me if it is mentioned elsewhere but would it be possible to have FHM2 start on July 1st, rather than in August? In FHM 14 it seems to start in August when we begin a new game. That way we could alter a few things in the game before the initial season starts like the point system and other league rules without having to sim ahead to the next season to do so. If we can already do this in FHM14 than I must have missed it.
All the leagues rules can be set in the league creation process.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 PM   #138
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Will there be an option to do stats only by turning off the ability to see ratings like OOTP?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #139
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

Multi Team Trades?
In BIO say who they were Drafted by because that would help me make Drafted by Teams League? In OTTP you can Edit a Rosters anytime of the year and also Ecit Lesgue Structure in Pre-season.
Shared Affiliates?
League Evolution?
Waviers Trades?
Draft last 2 days and Trades in it by Computer Teams?
Rumor Mill?
Allowing like Siidney Crosby against Wayne Greztky matchup or even like what OTTP has All-Time Greats League? Quick starts? Templates?
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #140
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Will there be an option to do stats only by turning off the ability to see ratings like OOTP?
At some point yes but it is not part of FHM at the moment.