Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2015, 03:56 AM   #281
sprague
All Star Starter

The match engine thing is troubling. It was a key element that needed change to give this game any chance of success.

They presented a post on it a year ago with a short overview but then hasn't been presented again except in passing.

No screenshot. No presented example of how it works. Sample of new gameplay. Maybe they are afraid someone will steal their idea if they show it. But over a year now and no tease presentation of this major feature is odd.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #282
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

I'll just slap this here, as I'm too lazy to create a new thread.

As per Twitter, I'm assuming you're planning on releasing FHM2 with it's starting date set to the beginning of 2014-15 season. I for one would like to start a new game from the 2015-16 season, rather than replaying the season that's already pretty much done for. Perhaps set the starting date a few weeks before the free agency period for now, and update the starting date and the rosters later this year when the NHL is starting again?
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:19 AM   #283
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
I'll just slap this here, as I'm too lazy to create a new thread.

As per Twitter, I'm assuming you're planning on releasing FHM2 with it's starting date set to the beginning of 2014-15 season. I for one would like to start a new game from the 2015-16 season, rather than replaying the season that's already pretty much done for. Perhaps set the starting date a few weeks before the free agency period for now, and update the starting date and the rosters later this year when the NHL is starting again?
Are you sure you arent confusing it with FHM 14? I know the projection was for that to start with the 2014/15 season on the final release..

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #284
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Are you sure you arent confusing it with FHM 14? I know the projection was for that to start with the 2014/15 season on the final release..
Well, at least I was asking about FHM2, so I'd imagine we were talking about the right game.
Considering the ever approaching release date, they'd need to wait for the season to actually end to inject last season's stats to it, so that would support the idea of releasing the game with 2014-15 starting date as well, I guess. Then again, all of that could be already done apart from CHI & TB for all I know.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #285
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well, at least I was asking about FHM2, so I'd imagine we were talking about the right game.
Considering the ever approaching release date, they'd need to wait for the season to actually end to inject last season's stats to it, so that would support the idea of releasing the game with 2014-15 starting date as well, I guess. Then again, all of that could be already done apart from CHI & TB for all I know.
The season is over in a week at most.. Last game of the series is scheduled for 6/17... Obviously we dont speculate about release dates here but since the FHM 14 patch has not been released yet I would assume its unlikely that both will come out in the next 7 days.

But you know what happens when you assume..

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 06-10-2015, 09:16 AM   #286
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
At this point I'd think we'd want the game set to go for next season. We can always start an historical game if we want to go back to 2014-15.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #287
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

There isn't a schedule available for 2015-16 NHL season along with the other leagues.

Plus,I don't know how they will handle the new AHL season since there is now teams on the West Coast.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-10-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #288
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
There isn't a schedule available for 2015-16 NHL season along with the other leagues.

Plus,I don't know how they will handle the new AHL season since there is now teams on the West Coast.
2014/15 structure and schedule with a 2015/2016 start date? That's about the best that I cant hink of.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 06-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #289
tward13
All Star Starter

OK, so 2014-15 on release with 2015-16 on later patch when released
Old 06-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #290
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Hi all,

After talking with the developers, the official word is that the details about the rosters to be included with the game are currently in discussion and an announcement in this regards is expected soon.

As soon as I have more info, I'll be sure you guys have it, thanks.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #291
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
Hi all,

After talking with the developers, the official word is that the details about the rosters to be included with the game are currently in discussion and an announcement in this regards is expected soon.

As soon as I have more info, I'll be sure you guys have it, thanks.
I was reading some forums and I found the answer to our question on page 1 of this thread...

1. 2014/15 and 2015/16 season data: The game will feature over 23 playable leagues, as well as a great deal of non-playable leagues. The game will ship with 2014/15 data and then be updated before the 2015/16 season starts with a new roster set to help gamers get the most up-to-date experience.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 06-13-2015, 12:23 PM   #292
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
I was reading some forums and I found the answer to our question on page 1 of this thread...

1. 2014/15 and 2015/16 season data: The game will feature over 23 playable leagues, as well as a great deal of non-playable leagues. The game will ship with 2014/15 data and then be updated before the 2015/16 season starts with a new roster set to help gamers get the most up-to-date experience.

At this pace the 2015 exhibition season will be done by the time the FHM1 patch is released... not sure the rosters packs will be an issue at that point... :P
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:41 PM   #293
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
At this pace the 2015 exhibition season will be done by the time the FHM1 patch is released... not sure the rosters packs will be an issue at that point... :P
Well, there hasn't been much else talked about in the way of features beyond screen shots so its what there is to go by.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 06-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #294
tward13
All Star Starter

Well I'll be going to version 2, I've written off FHM1 so I don't care about the patch.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #295
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

Looking forward to seeing the match engine. That and the general reception when the game launches will determine whether I buy this game. I would kindly suggest maybe doing a stream so we can see some of the new features like OOTP. I understand why Sebastian is gun shy about releasing the game before it's 100% ready, but here's my issue. Other than some screenshots, there has been nothing to see. I think a video blog or live stream to see the new stuff in action would really be appreciated.

Last edited by Perceptor; 06-16-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Perceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:40 PM   #296
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
Looking forward to seeing the match engine. That and the general reception when the game launches will determine whether I buy this game. I would kindly suggest maybe doing a stream so we can see some of the new features like OOTP. I understand why Sebastian is gun shy about releasing the game before it's 100% ready, but here's my issue. Other than some screenshots, there has been nothing to see. I think a video blog or live stream to see the new stuff in action would really be appreciated.
Really it feels like showing some videos could only help sell people on the game, not hurt them at all. But I guess it'd be good for them to wait until it's closer to finished to do that, too.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #297
redtiger7
All Star Starter

WIll we be able to change the names/colors, etc of the teams in the leagues NHL) and have those changes stick season after season?

Will Historical play be able to advance past 2015?
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #298
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
WIll we be able to change the names/colors, etc of the teams in the leagues NHL) and have those changes stick season after season?

Will Historical play be able to advance past 2015?
Yes and yes.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #299
trendon
Minors (Double A)

Will we be able to add teams to historical leagues like we can in OOTP?
trendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:36 AM   #300
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

That was answered in another thread. Expansion will be available for the modern and fictional games.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote