Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Do draft budgets use league rep as a factor and market size question

I was wanting to use draft budgets in my world for the inaugural draft but I can't figure out why it's working the way it is.

For my ML league (league rep of 10) it sets the budget at $550,000 which seems correct to my player salaries for superstar players is is $50,000 and poor player is $4,000 (double the independent default salaries through all player levels)

but where it gets weird is for my independent leagues. The draft budget for my top independent league (league rep of 5) which uses the default independent player salaries is $13,000? that seems really low.

I have two age restricted leagues (both have league rep of 3) where player salaries are 1/4th of the default independent salaries and the budgets for them are $3,100 and $2,900. Not sure why they are different either all the financial settings for these two leagues are the exact same minus the age restrictions.

My lowest independent league (league rep of 1) which uses a scale from $200 for a poor player to 1,000 for a superstar player has a draft budget of $1,200.

The only thing I can think of is that league reputation is affecting the draft budgets? Is that right?

If the above is correct. Is a ML league with a reputation of 10 considered better than an independent league with a reputation of 10? Or does the game consider them the same since they both have the same reputation.

Also (I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times before but I couldn't find it) does the budget by market size use real city data or fictional? It seems like it uses real data since nearly all the time it's correct but their are cities that have excessively high market sizes compared to actual city size and vice versa. Is it just luck that the game gets it right most of the time?
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote