Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Number4
Major Leagues

Help with my organization

Hello guys, I'm quite new to the game, I have a lot of questions. Might be quite a long post...

How would your lineup look with the following players(all ratings on a scale from 1 to 100):

5-Star-Catcher with elite bat (90 contact and power, 70 against lefties), backup catcher (slightly below average against rightys, but hits lefties well for power) both defense around 60, 5-star a bit higher.
have a aaa defensive skill 80 catcher as well, but head scout and osa disagree about batting ratings - head scout says meh, but usable, osa says contact 27/100

good lefty 1st baseman slugger, also defends well (55 contact, 80 power) (the idiot charged the mound just after returning from an injury, sitting out 10 games now)

2nd baseman with defense 65 and good bat, contact/gap/hr around 65 as well, eye 40, avoids ks well

slugging 3rd baseman (contact 50, power and eye 65, average against lefties, good against righties) - defense 65
backup 1st and 3rd - contact 50, power 70 against lefties, meh against righties, defense only 50)
both are switch hitters btw

2 shortstops, one gold glover (all blue ratings), one all blue except yellow error (and this one can play 2nd as well). the pure ss has batting stats of about 50 but no hr power, the 2nd/ss hits everything 50 and gap power 80.

2 speedy outfielders (lefties) (both are 41 years of age?!), both contact 80, one has great eye and hits hr 50, other average eye, no hr power. hr hitter speed 80, other guy 100. defense useable but not great - hr hitter has mediocre range, but cannon arm (rf) and the other one balanced with good range (lf)

defensive center fielder (contact 40, other batting stats 50), great speed and defense

4th outfielder (lefty), hits rightys slightly above average, lefties average. speed 60, defense ok, but not great.

have one of those speed cfs with good defense but no pop in the bat in aaa

i went:

1 speedy lefty with great eye and decent hr power
2 speedster with no hr power (switch those guys at 1 and 2 around maybe?)
3 2nd baseman as dh
4 5 star catcher
5 1b slugger
6 3b slugger
7&8 the shortstops (my pitching staff is gb heavy)
9 defensive center fielder.

however my star catcher gets tired, i planned to rest him by dhing him against leftys and let my backup catch, but this didnt rest him at all? now planning to dh him mostly and only letting him catch if my backup needs a rest, however this would mean i have to cut one of my good infielders...and maybe cut a reliever because i need the aaa catcher or risk having pitchers hit if i want to ph or pr for my backup catcher.

thoughts?
Number4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:13 AM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I would take your guy with no hr power and move him to 9th unless he has a very good OBP. Other than you 3 and 4 hitters, I'd put the guy with the best OBP at number 2.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote