Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-13-2019, 03:22 AM   #1
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Montreal Budget Issue

I just started a regular franchise mode with the Montreal Canadiens for this season.

Despite the Canadiens being under the salary cap, I was unable to sign a free agent because it claimed I had no money for that, so I looked and was amazed to discover the Canadiens listed with an $86 million commitment to players, over the cap, yet looking at their financial obligations and the teams payroll is much smaller, in the mid $70 million range.

On the farm there is Dale Weise and Karl Alzner for a few million, but just like in real life the team is well under even with these.

I traded away Weise and took back less salary and moved Alzner and a prospect to the Islanders for Nick Leddy which should have left me at around the same payroll wise. Strangely now I even deeper into the red and not able to sign any free agents.

What's going on?
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:28 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

This is with a July 1 start, right? Something strange seems to be going on there: with a normal start Montreal has the correct $10m or so available to sign free agents, but in the July 1 start the finances screen is indicating their player payroll is about $9m higher than the actual amount. There's no difference in the data between the two starts, and it doesn't seem to be related to the date, because when I play the July 1 start up to the regular start date, the mystery deficit is still there. But something's throwing the payroll calculation off. We'll have to investigate this a little more.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We'll have to investigate this a little more.
I noticed an other strange thing... Trades are being ignored.

I twice made a trade offer for Nick Leddy only to get no response at all. Suddenly I realized a week had passed with no response and when I went back to Nick Leddy he was available to trade for again, not waiting on the pending offer I had already made.

Last edited by Ferrisrox; 12-30-2023 at 12:11 AM.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote