Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

Suggestions

i picked up FHM3 during the summer sale and have been playing a lot. Its been great. Some things i think are noticeably missing that really need to be included that i don't believe should be difficult.

1. Express Corsi and Fenwick as percentage. This is how hockey fans are used to viewing these numbers.
2. Save Shots for per 60 and Shots against per 60 histories. Id prefer full Cosi stats saved but seeing as the game is young and memory issues seem to be a concern 2 extra lines is a much smaller issue. From those we can extrapolate corsi numbers.
3. Zone starts stats are highly useful to judge a players role
4. Custom schedules
5. Option for a dynamic salary cap that adjusts as revenues go up
6. Ask Assistant to set roles after i've filled out lines.
7. Ask Assistant for tactics.
8. Relax roster requirements during the preseason. Its a pain to try to squeeze down to 23 guys at times when I want to give guys looks for a couple games.
9. Suggested use/role at current level for players. This is similar to OOTP suggested a role for pitchers. Gives me a better idea of where the AI thinks the player should be in the lineup or if hes even at the right level.
10. Estimated effectiveness of each tactic based on your players and who is in the league maybe this is just on a 1-5 or A-F scale to maintain fog
11. A report showing teams positional strengths. Without a shop player feature, this would give a much quicker view to find potential trade partners
slugger922cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger922cubs View Post
i picked up FHM3 during the summer sale and have been playing a lot. Its been great. Some things i think are noticeably missing that really need to be included that i don't believe should be difficult.

8. Relax roster requirements during the preseason. Its a pain to try to squeeze down to 23 guys at times when I want to give guys looks for a couple games.
I think #8 is a must for this game. I agree that it is a real hassle in the preseason moving around players, just so you can take a look at some different players in preseason games.

I really love the game, but this may be a deal breaker for me. I may not buy the game again until this is added. I think the preseason needs improvement in general, but it would be a major step forward to just to allow larger rosters during the preseason.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
Foppa21
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suggestions can be find all over. It would not be bad either if the GM gets a message before main training camp (development camp would be interesting too ;-) in which shape the players come from the individual summer training - some are training champions, others are rather lazy, younger players could manage a heavier workload, older players rather do a fewer amount but work more targeted - and what needs to be worked on in training camp. Who needs to do some extra training sessions?

Last edited by Foppa21; 10-29-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Foppa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #4
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I'd like to see the ability to select a more specific type of training your players go through. In other words if the PP is struggling, your PP units practice.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:17 AM   #5
hockeyman001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've just started playing an alternate 1998 NHL game, and the game is definitely fun to play. I'd love to see the following in the future though:

-Ability to switch between GM only and GM/Coach mode as in OOTP.
-Ability to make roster and lineup decisions as GM only despite having a coach in place, taking out the need to manage game tactics but maintaining control over the lines / D pairs. Allow all levels of this to be customized, IE allowing someone acting as GM to decide who dresses, which goalie starts, build line combos and D pairs, set player offensive and defensive roles, choose attacking and defending tactics by line, set overall tactics, etc. Each of these should be a line item for the player to choose if they want to control or they want their coach or assistant GM to decide, similar to how it is for baseball lineup decisions in OOTP.
-More historical leagues (back in the days I played EHM, that game was unmatched for depth and realism, but I hated that you could only play the current season unless you were willing to edit the database for months, and there were no fictional options). It adds to the realism if you go back in time to play a historic NHL season and everyone's stats load not just from the NHL, but all pro leagues.
-More flexibility in editing the structure, rules, etc. of a league, including certain things within the season.
-More control over limiting AI roster decisions as in OOTP, the ability to lock rosters league wide in commissioner mode, etc.
-More control over league play parameters and individual player tactics, IE the ability to tell certain players how frequently to fight instead of relying on the aggressiveness ratings. While the current system generates realistic PIM totals, sometimes players who had high PIM totals from a lot of minors and misconducts end up fighting way more often that in real life. Also, ability to add a fighting weight class for players, which is used to generally match them up against similar opponents in fights. I've noticed that the game tends to put players significantly out of their weight class quite often just because the player has ratings that can cause them to fight - IE Alexei Kovalev fighting Bob Probert.
-Use sportsmanship only to control frequency of misconduct penalties, add a dirtyness rating to control frequency of major penalties that result in suspensions/game misconducts/match penalties
-Enhance goalie offense system so goalies occasionally get assists and even (rarely) score goals. Have an attribute for goalie goals, though they should remain extremely rare even for someone with a high rating. 60 games into an alternate 1998 season, no goalies in the entire league even have 1 assist. Also goalie penalties.
-Have a bench management rating for coaches and assistants that is used to determine the frequency of too many men on the ice penalties. Have a demeanor rating for coaches and assistants that is used to determine the frequency of bench minors for coaches.

Last edited by hockeyman001; 02-08-2018 at 07:24 AM.
hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:35 PM   #6
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger922cubs View Post
5. Option for a dynamic salary cap that adjusts as revenues go up
6. Ask Assistant to set roles after i've filled out lines.
I'd like to see these added. As years go by good players (3* and up) including Laine just sit as FAs all year because no one as the cap space. Also up the limit of 100 million. When all your first liners want 10-15mil each with second liners at like 6-8mil, it's hard to keep players coming off rookie deals looking for 5+ mil.

I'd also love to have a message in the inbox about unsigned draftees that have rights about to lapse just like the one you get Oct 1 about guys going on waivers.

Also alone with larger rosters for preseason, can the AHL rosters not get wrecked Oct 1 for guys that need waivers?

Something else I'd love to have as GM is the option to not allow prospects to leave the AHL/ECHL to go play INT games.
QTRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #7
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A couple more.

1. Tryout deals for pre-season.

2. A sim period option.

3. Trades throughout the day on Draft/deadline days. For the draft just have a chance of trades after each pick, and for the deadline, make it an event with some kind of move forward 15/30/60 min button.

4. Show shot totals on career stats.

5. During playoffs, show playoff stats by default instead of season stats.
QTRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:00 PM   #8
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

To make me buy game again Edit League Structure,League Evolution including Minor Leagues then you could move Farm Teams and so on,Multi Team Trades,Add Leagues to Game like let's say World Template if like All-Time Greats or even Drafted by Teams were created then could be added to a existing League then if Trades with other Leagues is turned on then like Crosby to the Rangers for like Mark Messier and so on could happen.

Trades at Draft got to include Players to also. If could get Darren Dranger in Game that would cool same with more then 2 Farm Teams to.