Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:42 PM   #1
spartimae
Minors (Double A)

My 7 suggestions

1. The ability to un-retire a player like you can in the baseball games
2. Hall of Fame voting I enjoy this aspect in the baseball games and i would like to see it in FHM
3. The ability to create ratings/ potential based on stats
4. Hire an assistant GM
5. Faster sim speed
6. 3d rinks
7. Official Licensing i would like to see the NHL team logos and accurate face gen along with other leagues if possible
spartimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

-a way to save lines(templates?)

-After selecting a training option for a player the page resets to the top, would be nice if it didn't.

-Some facegen players get a visor, it would be nice to have the option (visor on/off) in the right click options along with the hair/beard/ etc

-Ability to set multiple options on scouts at one time(a global template?where you could set preferred scout options)

-Scout assignment window = hide the individual option settings when disabled. Ex: if i have range by birth year or Use potion unchecked, the settings would be hidden until you select it again.

-if money transactions are disabled, hide the option on the trade offer page.

Last edited by Eugus; 11-01-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartimae View Post
1. The ability to un-retire a player like you can in the baseball games
2. Hall of Fame voting I enjoy this aspect in the baseball games and i would like to see it in FHM
3. The ability to create ratings/ potential based on stats
4. Hire an assistant GM
5. Faster sim speed
6. 3d rinks
7. Official Licensing i would like to see the NHL team logos and accurate face gen along with other leagues if possible
1. No (FHM is not designed to be a toolkit)
2. Again, FHM is not Baseball/OOTP. We want to represent the hockey world and donīt clone OOTP to be a hockey game.
3. That is impossible in a sport like Hockey.
4. You already have assistants (or do I understand you wrong?)
5. I already answered this a few times. Of course we will work on speed but we will also make the game deeper and the AI stronger, that costs speed.
6. If we ever go down that road we will do it 2D. I donīt think 3D works for us or can you imagine Pawns skating around a rink.
7. We have the NHL license. Of course we always look into other leagues as well but that are always long processes.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:04 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
-a way to save lines(templates?)

-After selecting a training option for a player the page resets to the top, would be nice if it didn't.

-Some facegen players get a visor, it would be nice to have the option (visor on/off) in the right click options along with the hair/beard/ etc

-Ability to set multiple options on scouts at one time(a global template?where you could set preferred scout options)

-Scout assignment window = hide the individual option settings when disabled. Ex: if i have range by birth year or Use potion unchecked, the settings would be hidden until you select it again.
All good ideas we can look into. Especially the first one. I already have some ideas to further improve the tactical system (it is only the beginning).
Old 11-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Sebastian, I believe he is asking about an Assistant General Manager to give feed back on trades and draft choices. I view this similar to another game in the hockey text based sim arena for draft and trades. Similar to OOTP in trades.

Hope that helps.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Horizontal lines similar to the ones used on the strategy/roster pages would be useful on the scouting/Personnel menus.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eugus; 11-02-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:00 AM   #7
Big T
Hall Of Famer

During the game, minor penalties are shown on the game screen, but I would like to see misconducts and fighting majors shown as well.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:17 PM   #8
spartimae
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
1. No (FHM is not designed to be a toolkit)
2. Again, FHM is not Baseball/OOTP. We want to represent the hockey world and donīt clone OOTP to be a hockey game.
3. That is impossible in a sport like Hockey.
5. I already answered this a few times. Of course we will work on speed but we will also make the game deeper and the AI stronger, that costs speed.
6. If we ever go down that road we will do it 2D. I donīt think 3D works for us or can you imagine Pawns skating around a rink.
7. We have the NHL license. Of course we always look into other leagues as well but that are always long processes.
when i said assistant gm i mean like someone who can give you his thoughts on trade proposals from other teams and his advice on who he thinks you should draft
and just wondering why couldn't you allow the gm to have a vote on hall of fame inductees because the NHL has hall of fame voting just like the MLB so i was wondering why that can't be a feature?
and i posted this back when i was playing FHM2 before FHM3 features were released so i didn't know about the NHL license

Last edited by spartimae; 11-03-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartimae View Post
when i said assistant gm i mean like someone who can give you his thoughts on trade proposals from other teams and his advice on who he thinks you should draft
and just wondering why couldn't you allow the gm to have a vote on hall of fame inductees because the NHL has hall of fame voting just like the MLB so i was wondering why that can't be a feature?
and i posted this back when i was playing FHM2 before FHM3 features were released so i didn't know about the NHL license
An Assistant GM might show up one day.

Regarding the HOF, I think it works a bit different to the Baseball HOF but I might be wrong here.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #10
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

The Hockey Hall of Fame has a different procedure than baseball. First, it's not the NHL Hall of Fame, it's the Hockey Hall of Fame, so it's possible for great players and coaches from outside the NHL to make it in.

Their selection process is here

Baseball players are selected by vote from the Baseball Writers Association. Hockey players are selected by an 18 member committee.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:10 PM   #11
spartimae
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torognius View Post
The Hockey Hall of Fame has a different procedure than baseball. First, it's not the NHL Hall of Fame, it's the Hockey Hall of Fame, so it's possible for great players and coaches from outside the NHL to make it in.

Their selection process is here

Baseball players are selected by vote from the Baseball Writers Association. Hockey players are selected by an 18 member committee.
ok so since it's a committee of well-respected hockey personalities it would be cool for your GM once you gain enough reputation to be added to that committee to vote on hall of fame players