Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #881
redtiger7
All Star Starter

I've started a custom league and am in year 6. Every year I exceed expectations, and my owner is very happy with me. I've never missed the playoffs, finished in the top 2 4 times and have 3 cups. Yet every off season my budget goes down by a couple million. I have the smallest budget in the league. (There's no floor or cap)

I've also lost a drafted player, Ingvald Jauhiaainen, to free agency, even though he was still under contract to me. (He was in the 2nd year of a 3 year contract)

And I'm getting emails about players getting put on waivers, but I'm never able to sign them.

I've uploaded the file, it's HLR League
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #882
bialanoc
Bat Boy

I entered a ticket and uploaded the .dat files late last night (US east coast time) for an issue I'm having with a human GM in my online league. It appears to be a similar issue to the one described in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...91-new-gm.html

The relevant zip file on the FTP is robhart.zip. Thanks!
bialanoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:25 PM   #883
pnydm
Bat Boy

Other General Manager Hired

After the first or second season in any of the modes another General Manager is hired, while I am still the general manager/coach. Lines and changed, scouting adjusted, players signed and traded without my knowledge.
pnydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:10 AM   #884
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

I think this has been mentioned before but even if we adjust the dressed players setting on the rules page to increase the number of players, the AI ignores what we select and goes with the default value for that season (Historical mode).
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #885
landru22
Major Leagues

I've been playing my first playoffs with FHM2 (latest patch - fictional league). The first two rounds were setup ok, but the conference finals have the wrong team with the home-ice advantage in my Western Conference. The Colorado team was the eighth seed, but beat the 1 seed and the 2 seed to get to the Western Conference Final. The Vancouver team was the 4th seed going in to the playoffs and should have had home-ice over Colorado, but they don't. The Eastern Conference is correct. My thoughts are that any team that beats the #1 seed in their conference is somehow awarded home-ice in the conference finals if they make it there. This is also occurring in the minor league. In my Junior league, the #1 seeds both made it to the conference finals and correctly have home ice.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #886
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnydm View Post
After the first or second season in any of the modes another General Manager is hired, while I am still the general manager/coach. Lines and changed, scouting adjusted, players signed and traded without my knowledge.
I had the same thing happen in a historical game. I regained control by resigning from the team, re-taking control and going into commissioner mode to edit the extra GM back to Free Agency...
Old 02-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #887
BlcknGld18
Bat Boy

Anyone else in online leagues get an insanely long hangup on "Load Face Data" when starting game after downloading league file??
Many people in our league have a several minute wait of (not responding) before game finally loads much later.

SSG Hockey
BlcknGld18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:45 PM   #888
redtiger7
All Star Starter

When trying to create a custom game, if you try to create a league with less than 18 teams divided into divisions, (or a 16 team league with no divisions) you only get a few teams. Clicking on the division buttons don't do anything, and clicking on the league 1 division button wipes out all the teams completetly.

And with a 16 team league, with no divisions, when teh league gets set up, it divides your league into divisions. (Not sure if it does that with other league structures)

Last edited by redtiger7; 02-23-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:57 PM   #889
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Players still aren't changing uniforms when they're moved.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #890
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

In historical mode starting in 1972, there seem to be quite a few odd player names, i.e. Mike The Big Greek, Tord The Bomb, Peter Pee Wee,
etc. Seems nicknames have replaced Last names in some cases?
Justmeingardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #891
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeingardner View Post
In historical mode starting in 1972, there seem to be quite a few odd player names, i.e. Mike The Big Greek, Tord The Bomb, Peter Pee Wee,
Ugh.... that was supposed to be fixed... what version are you on?
Old 02-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #892
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

Bogus names

I'm using the latest patch, and finding more subtle names as well. Last names like BJ and Rat. Pretty sure there were no Rats in the NHL...lol. Nicknames, sure, but not last names.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #893
cdidman
Minors (Single A)

Shots On Goal

I'm new to the game, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.

I click on a player, then on Career stats, on the 1st expandable stats, it has a area SOG, it says shots on goal, but there is nothing even remotely correct on that. I've got players with 5 and 6 goals and it shows 1 for shots on goal.
cdidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #894
electrickeeper
Minors (Double A)

I am unable to offer contracts to players even though I am at 49/50 contracts.

After negotiating, I finally get to an offer we agree upon, but it doesn't let me submit, just says "contract limit reached."
electrickeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:51 PM   #895
redtiger7
All Star Starter

When making a trade during the off season noone can trade draft picks for the upcoming draft. They can only offer next year's and later.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #896
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeingardner View Post

Oddly enough, restarted with the 1971 season, and names are all correct, if that helps.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:55 AM   #897
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Draft Order bug

I have discovered a draft order bug. I'm a little puzzled by this, because it would surely have been something that many have noticed before, but, alas, here its.

I'm six seasons into a career, and the first two years I won the Cup, and the next three years, while I didn't win the Cup, I did finish first overall in the league.

All six years, I have drafted with the final pick in the first round.

As the Cup winners, that's correct, but the other seasons, the Cup winner should have drafted with the last pick, but I figured the game didn't have that little detail ironed out and I was being saddled with the last pick of the first round because I finished first overall.

However, this last season, I failed to make the playoffs, and yet, mysteriously, I just got to the draft and for reasons unknown, with a 40-36-6 record, I have the last pick of the first round (and it's not a pick I acquired, it's my actual pick.)
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:05 AM   #898
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Head Scout Report

Also on the topic of the Entry Draft ...

I've never quite understood who the scouting reports are really supposed to work.

My head scout, on the first of June, presents me with his scouting report for the upcoming draft.

However, there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to the list he gives me. For example, see the attached image:

Why would my head scout have a guy ranked 4th overall that he himself projects to be a 4.5 player? The three players ranked after him are projected to be 5.0 players. There are players deep into the late 20's of the draft that my scout projects to be a better player, so why does he rank a 4.0 player 4th overall? With no "Central Scouting" lists of the draft to compare against, you're kind of just guessing when the information is that unreliable. I can go into the draft and sort the players and they don't correspond to the list that my Head Scout has given me. Something isn't working right here.
Attached Images
Old 03-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #899
joshreid
Bat Boy

5 years in, freezing on load up

I am five years into a dynasty with the Canadiens, and now, FHM2 is freezing on load up, at the 69% mark; leagues (at first, I thought maybe it was a joke, because it always freezes at 69%). I can open the program, but it is when I try to continue (or load) my season.

ftp'ed my dat files as joshreid march 2 crash.zip

please help!
joshreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #900
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Trade Values Off

Just encountered something very strange in the off-season of 2023-24...

The Winnipeg Jets, who lost their back up goalie via free agency, just traded their starting goalie in early September.

The player, Troy Timpano, is a Four Star Goalie coming off a 42-win season that ranked him near the very top of the league.

He was dealt just two days after signing a new two year contract with the Jets.

After the trade, their next best goalie in the system is a two and a half star rookie on their AHL team. All they received in return for this 25-year old star netminder was a 4th round pick.

Them trading him is very odd, but what really struck me as bizarre was only receiving a 4th round pick for a 25 year old star goalie that just had one of the best seasons in the league.

That same day, the New York Islanders traded Josh Ho-Sang to the Maple Leafs. The 27-year old Ho-Sang is rated four-and-half stars and is coming off a 30-goal 81-point season. Again, he was traded for a 4th rounder.

Also strange in this off-season, the Florida Panthers have acquired 11 third round draft picks and six 4th round draft picks. 9 of the 11 third rounders were acquired on the same day, and they are all for the same draft.

Something is definitely wrong.