Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2016, 03:53 AM   #1
coyotes_uk
Bat Boy

New GM

Very quick question guys, am currently playing my 9th season with the Coyotes, from day one my role was/is GM/Coach and all was well in my world. This past summer the club hired a new GM (replacing Don Maloney), ever since then and, throughout this season, roster moves are being made and, this past week, a trade was completed without any involvement from me.

Let me make clear, prior to this past summer, only I made roster moves and trades. During the summer, I made no changes to the game settings, the only thing that was changed, the club brought in a new GM.

Is my only opportunity, to wait for the coming offseason and make changes to my settings, ie, have a look at who is listed to make roster moves/trades etc....?

@theangrybudgie

The Angry Budgie Blog
coyotes_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_uk View Post
Very quick question guys, am currently playing my 9th season with the Coyotes, from day one my role was/is GM/Coach and all was well in my world. This past summer the club hired a new GM (replacing Don Maloney), ever since then and, throughout this season, roster moves are being made and, this past week, a trade was completed without any involvement from me.

Let me make clear, prior to this past summer, only I made roster moves and trades. During the summer, I made no changes to the game settings, the only thing that was changed, the club brought in a new GM.

Is my only opportunity, to wait for the coming offseason and make changes to my settings, ie, have a look at who is listed to make roster moves/trades etc....?
Wait, you started the game as the GM/Coach and the Coyotes kept Maloney? Then 9 years in the future he got replaced? So there's always been 2 GMs?

I have heard more of the 2 GM issues coming up. Please make sure to Submit a Ticket here: Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #3
coyotes_uk
Bat Boy

When I started the game my role was, GM/Head Coach, last summer the club hired a new GM and that's when my problems started!

@theangrybudgie

The Angry Budgie Blog
Old 02-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #4
Calvinthesneak
Bat Boy

I have a similar situation myself.

I got hired by the Ottawa 67's (OHL) and the old General Manager never was removed from the team. I however seem to be the only person actually managing. I went on to win the Memorial cup in my first season, and my conspicuously absent dummy GM got all the credit and won the GM of the year award. It lists his contract as expiring in another 2 years.

As far as I am aware he is not doing anything, he just gets credit for all my trading/free agency and prospect scouting.
Calvinthesneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #5
pens66
Major Leagues

In my case my GM brother actually is doing something. In my last off-season I suddenly noticed that certain players were suddenly appearing in my NHL roster when I had actually put them on reserve list. It happened every couple of days. I got fed up, because I thought that the patch must have somehow broken my savegame again.
When I saw this thread I dug a little further and found the second GM that was hired in the summer. He was probably doing all this stuff...
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

If you haven't, make sure you do submit a ticket. The more info that can be gathered, the better.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:34 AM   #7
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
If you haven't, make sure you do submit a ticket. The more info that can be gathered, the better.
Apparently, it has been brought up in the bug reports thread a week ago.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #8
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Apparently, it has been brought up in the bug reports thread a week ago.
Oh I know. But it's like Scouting a player - the more information you can gather, the better.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

We're aware of it, and it appears that the ghost-GM is the cause of the unintended transactions - there was a big jump in reports of those at the same time the second GM hiring came to light. Still investigating the cause.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #10
Calvinthesneak
Bat Boy

I can submit a game file with this issue if it helps.
Calvinthesneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #11
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

I've submitted a save as well. Leafs.lg - Copy.zip

Perhaps would it have something to do with Manually editing the number of years remaining on my GM (myself) contract?

In my save, you can see I manually assigned the GM hired by the Leafs to instead be the GM of the Pens. The next day, another new GM was hired by the Leafs.
On the corpse. My question is...
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.
johnnybourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #12
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

fyi, i went into the manager/your job/available jobs screen, scrolled down to the Toronto Maple Leafs right click "take over team", gave myself a max contract. News message popped to the league that I was given an extension!
Thought it was fixed. Drat, it wasn't
I simmed a day and another GM was hired by the Leafs. Same save as uploaded.
On the corpse. My question is...
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.
johnnybourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:01 AM   #13
coyotes_uk
Bat Boy

Makes me feel a little better im not the only one with the issue.
Where is it relevant to upload a game file, would that be when submitting a ticket?

@theangrybudgie

The Angry Budgie Blog
Old 02-05-2016, 06:16 PM   #14
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_uk View Post
Makes me feel a little better im not the only one with the issue.
Where is it relevant to upload a game file, would that be when submitting a ticket?
You can follow the process of submitting a ticket here: Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

The file will need to go up on the FTP site, there is instructions for that as well.

How to upload FHM league files - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Again, I can't promised it will get used/get you an individual answer, but if it helps figure out exactly what is causing the problem (if it hasn't been found yet), then it's one more good piece of info.

Last edited by Adam B; 02-05-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #15
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinthesneak View Post
I have a similar situation myself.

I got hired by the Ottawa 67's (OHL) and the old General Manager never was removed from the team. I however seem to be the only person actually managing. I went on to win the Memorial cup in my first season, and my conspicuously absent dummy GM got all the credit and won the GM of the year award. It lists his contract as expiring in another 2 years.

As far as I am aware he is not doing anything, he just gets credit for all my trading/free agency and prospect scouting.
welcome to reality... :P
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #16
Ogie Oglethorp
Bat Boy

yep, same issue here...cant even fire him!! also transactions Ie. trades , signing etc...do not come up under news.

another update....i cannot make trades with this second GM issue. Example: I have been waiting for responses from other GM's for 2 weeks and nothing. So i offered a lopsided trade in their favor and still no "ACCEPTED" and it has been 9 days

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorp; 02-07-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Ogie Oglethorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #17
FC45
Bat Boy

I have had the same problem myself and it seems to always occur at the time of free agency.

The workaround I used was to go into commissioner mode and make myself a free agent. Then I go back into my profile and get my old job back exclusively.
FC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:04 PM   #18
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC45 View Post
I have had the same problem myself and it seems to always occur at the time of free agency.

The workaround I used was to go into commissioner mode and make myself a free agent. Then I go back into my profile and get my old job back exclusively.
Not ideal but that should work in the short term. This will be fixed in the coming update.

Last edited by dave1927p; 02-10-2016 at 11:13 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #19
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Adding a little more here: I recently simmed to July 1st, 2016 on my new Maple Leafs save, and there were no problems. I saved (luckily), and advanced to July 2nd, when an announcement came through that someone had been named the new GM of the Maple Leafs-- while I was still GM/Coach. I edited him to be a free agent, and then saved the game again under a different name, and then advanced to July 3rd, when yet another new GM was named of the Maple Leafs.

I am still listed as the GM/Coach in the Personnel screen, but the team seems to want to appoint a new GM every time I edit the interlopers to free agent status.

Edit: Tried the workaround posted by FC45. It seems to be working, after two days... We'll see if any further problems arise.

Last edited by Hadehariast; 02-12-2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Additional information
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:09 AM   #20
bialanoc
Bat Boy

This issue just reared its head in my online league, unfortunately. Similar to the post above, it happened on July 2nd (albeit in 2023 in game time, so the year doesn't look like it makes a difference). The human GM of one of our teams has had his GM profile fused with the AI head coach of the same team, appearing as duplicates with the same name (but only one underlying profile, as far as I can tell) in the Personnel screen and GM Leaders screen, and even the Select Active GM screen now has two entries for the same GM. There's no apparent way to separate the two again, delete the redundant GM login, or get a new head coach onto the team.

I submitted a ticket for technical assistance last night and uploaded my files to the FTP.
bialanoc is offline   Reply With Quote