Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Draft Ideas

Unless these have already been mentioned or already exist somewhere in the game that I haven't found....

1) Team Needs - Would be nice if your scouts/assistants provided you a team needs report so you had a general idea of the players needed.

2) When in the draft screen, would be nice if easy way to see a list of players your team has drafted in one consolidated view.

3) I know probably not anytime soon, but would be great if there was some kind of draft grade per team
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:11 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

3 might actually be the easiest of those to do, I think I can come up with a way of doing it that'd just reflect the "popular" opinion on drafted players, so the teams that got the most players with high perceived value would get the best grades.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

That would be great if easy to do, although I think item #1 (especially) and item #2 would have more of an actual impact on the game I guess we have to leave some stuff for the next version too
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #4
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Team needs would be cool....

No expert, I don't want to say anything

But just in my trivial mind... seems like the first is very doable since there is some AI picking for other teams .... ????

But great idea anyway
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
mschinner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Team needs is a good idea. You could take it a step even further and have your scouts give an idea of what other team's projected needs are. It would help give you an idea of if you need to move up to get a specific player.
mschinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
tarashnat
Major Leagues

For an initial draft, having a list of how many picks you have made per position would be extremely helpful. I envision the draft screen being customizable like the home screens. The top pane should be the scouting/pick area. The bottom can be four panes where you can place the current draft log, upcoming picks, your team's picks (various sorts), scouting report on remaining team needs/scouts' consensus suggestions for next pick, number of picks taken by your team by position, and for non-initial drafts a trade offer pane.

Also, for initial drafts, having a player's desired annual contract in the list would help make initial drafts go easier. Finding out the players' salary in a dialog box is not helpful in planning one's draft strategy.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #7
rmartin65
Bat Boy

I also think being able to ask your scouts would be a good idea.

And as I mentioned earlier, being able to permanently assign your scouts would be really useful and a time-saver.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:15 AM   #8
kohut
Minors (Single A)

I would like to see trades during the draft. The fact you don't have teams trading draft picks during the draft is so unrealistic. I would love to have teams offering me their picks for players or teams in general offering picks in exchange for players.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:29 AM   #9
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
I would like to see trades during the draft. The fact you don't have teams trading draft picks during the draft is so unrealistic. I would love to have teams offering me their picks for players or teams in general offering picks in exchange for players.
I rarely see draft picks as part of a trade unless it's one team trying dump salary onto another team do to being in cap trouble. And no matter how go the player is he'll usually only get a 3rd or 4th round pick.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:43 PM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

In EHMEA Draft Pick Trades happen at Draft.