Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2015, 11:07 PM   #21
tward13
All Star Starter

Same people bitching again. The new product will be good or not whether they show me pretty pictures or not. When it gets here I'll check it out.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:37 PM   #22
AaronV
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Another thread to be closed, same people, same complaints, different thread. To bad...How far has your same complaints got you in your other 50 same posts, do you think ruining another thread will do it this time. Just one more time, please quit ruining every thread on this forum. The majority of people are sick of it, I for one wish the devs would just ban you's..
AaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #23
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Same people bitching again. The new product will be good or not whether they show me pretty pictures or not. When it gets here I'll check it out.
Only one person asked for a screenshot. The majority of the "bitching" is sort of valid - how are we supposed to know if the game is going to be good? The first one wasn't. The marketing and dev support for the second game hasn't been good either. And for AaronV, complaining (validly) is not "ruining threads". Nobody is making inflammatory remarks or anything, there's no reason to ban people.

I have my full faith that Sebastian and his team are putting out and preparing an excellent game, and I have no issue waiting. However, I understand the concerns of the previous posters and don't agree with attacking them for complaining.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:06 AM   #24
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Edit: Actually I'll keep it open for now, but please keep things civil.

On a more positive, I have a new thread up with some information that may be of some interest:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3886004

Last edited by Cole; 06-25-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #25
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpejkrm View Post
Only one person asked for a screenshot. The majority of the "bitching" is sort of valid - how are we supposed to know if the game is going to be good? The first one wasn't. The marketing and dev support for the second game hasn't been good either. And for AaronV, complaining (validly) is not "ruining threads". Nobody is making inflammatory remarks or anything, there's no reason to ban people.

I have my full faith that Sebastian and his team are putting out and preparing an excellent game, and I have no issue waiting. However, I understand the concerns of the previous posters and don't agree with attacking them for complaining.
It's the same stuff over and over. Screen shots are merely pretty pictures. You can't KNOW if it's good, better than the first, better than other games, etc until you play it. They are NOT going to be tied down to a release date, so why keep asking?

Those questions HAVE been answered and no manner of re-asking from a different angle or trying to shame them into telling you anything will change it.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:51 AM   #26
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Don't recall mentioning anything about a release date. I am very hopeful that FHM2 is going to be a good game. I just feel that for the entire time that FHM has existed the communication has been terrible and should be improved. If I have mentioned it in 50 posts like someone suggested it is showing that either the penny hasn't dropped at OOTP or that they don't listen to people who post on the forum.

In my opinion they should be doing more to keep the community up to date and interested in the game.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:34 AM   #27
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
In my opinion they should be doing more to keep the community up to date and interested in the game.
In my biased opinion they should do less talking and be more focused on programming. Talking is cheap, and everybody will judge FHM developers for the released product only. Besides, they will talk with you, me and a pair of trolls, and that will really slow down the development.

Have you heard about EHM: Early Access before they released it to Steam?

Last edited by dmytron; 06-25-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:41 AM   #28
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
In my biased opinion they should do less talking and be more focused on programming. Talking is cheap, and everybody will judge FHM developers for the released product only. Besides, they will talk with you, me and a pair of trolls, and that will really slow down the development.

The Dev team should you're right. But Cole is part of PR and marketing and is part of the Beta test. What's to stop him from sharing posts like the one he started today or screen shotting his way through a career so that people can know whats going on? What's to stop him from pulling up a BETA for the FHM 14 patch and sharing that with us?

Hopefully nothing. He's doing a good job here at the forums of keeping things calm, I just wish his leash was a little looser.

As for EHM, you're right we heard nothing about it until it was released. But we have been hearing about the match engine since January of 2014 and FHM 2 for just about as long. The seed's been planted.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 06-25-2015 at 09:42 AM.
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #29
dmytron

Don't forget Cole is also text writer for OOTP, and that's much more important. I guess dealing with the two products simultaneously isn't "no sweat". At least he doesn't have to deal with Beyound the Sideline Football text yet.

The seed has been planted, but it's your responsibility to grow it or not.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #30
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Didn't hear anything about it prior to its appearance on Steam but there have been plenty of updates and information since.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #31
Penfold75
Major Leagues

I do think the developers should be working on the game and they are doing a great job (as far as I know). However, there should be a single point of contact updating the forum and community members. Cole has made a few updates recently which has been an improvement. I particularly liked the 10 year sim post/update today as it gives us an idea how the game is working.

I want FHM2 to be a success as I really would love there to be a really brilliant Hockey game. With another game competing for the market share I think there should be more of an effort made to get some hype going in the community and to promote the game.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #32
dmytron

Quote:
Didn't hear anything about it prior to its appearance on Steam but there have been plenty of updates and information since.
When FHM2 will have been released I'm sure there will be plenty of updates and information.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #33
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
When FHM2 will have been released I'm sure there will be plenty of updates and information.
Well EHM is Early Access. The game hasn't actually been released yet. The early access release is building the hype and promoting the game and showing the work that has been done on the game since EHM2007.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #34
dmytron

Quote:
Well EHM is Early Access. The game hasn't actually been released yet.
Can you download EHM and play it? Do you have to pay for it? Then, comparing to FHM, consider it released.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #35
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Can you download EHM and play it? Do you have to pay for it? Then, comparing to FHM, consider it released.
Well I paid for and was able to play FHM2014 at beta stage and I do believe that wasn't FHM2014 considered to be released.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:58 AM   #36
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Don't forget Cole is also text writer for OOTP, and that's much more important. I guess dealing with the two products simultaneously isn't "no sweat". At least he doesn't have to deal with Beyound the Sideline Football text yet.

The seed has been planted, but it's your responsibility to grow it or not.
Tough to grow it when nobody is watering anything.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:50 AM   #37
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I would like too make Fictional League plans but I need more information(expansion,schedules,divisional set-up,etc).
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #38
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Tough to grow it when nobody is watering anything.
So it's easy: don't grow it
Old 06-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #39
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Or wait for Out of the Garden Shed Garden Manager
Old 06-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #40
Penfold75
Major Leagues

This seems like a good post to sign off from. I have enjoyed posting over the last few weeks it has provided a bit of light relief. I know judging from some of the content in this thread some will be glad to see me go. I'm going into hospital on Monday so I won't be posting for a while. Hopefully by the time I return the game will be out and will be a resounding success. Thanks for the chat folks Matt (Penfold)