Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:43 PM   #1
Radsmats
Minors (Double A)

Looking to recreate the PCL

I want to set up a league -- like the old PCL -- that was an truly independent league at about the AAA level, whose players I could steal once in a while (Joe Dimaggio, etc.). Thoughts?
AAA league w/ no connections to the MLB with FA turned on?
Feeder league at the college level w/ talent / age settings fudged?
Thanks in advance ...
Radsmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Are you wanting to run the PCL along side of the MLB just as a non affiliated minor league? Or are you gonna just run the PCL by itself as a stand alone with no other leagues in your world?

There is a PCL database from a few years back that can be utilzed to import the historical players of the PCL from its inception through the 1950's... I could never get it to work right along side the MLB, but got it working with some work as a stand alone league in v15...

http://www.ootpmods.com/mods/PCLDatabase.zip

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Radsmats
Minors (Double A)

Looking to run it in the background of an MLB game. I'm trying to recreate some of the wild-west feel of old time baseball, where raiding other leagues for talent was a standard way of filling gaps in a roster in lieu of amateur drafts / free agency.
Radsmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

On the Financials page for your PCL, check the box for "Allow players to be purchased by other leagues for" and then provide a dollar amount. That will permit major league clubs to "raid" the PCL rosters by paying the requisite amount.

And if you're looking for some PCL schedules, you can check the link in my signature
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote