Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

BIG Baseball League - just starting up

A new OotP 12 Baseball league is starting up, and looking for a few patient owners wanting to get in on the ground floor. This is a fictional League starting in 1980 with real MLB cities and real MLB teams. Sims will be 3 times a week for 7 days of sim time - that equals 21 simmed days per real-life week.

About me: I used to run the #1 Baseball Mogul Sim around, the BIG Baseball League. In its heyday we had a full league of owners and completed around 20 full seasons. The league dissolved when I moved and job demands took over. Well, OotP has made it pretty easy to run a league, so here I am, back again.

I have my own domain and the league will be running on my own server. I'm hoping to eventually get an e-mail server of some type up and running too, and supply owners with their own e-mail addresses if they want. As of right now 2 owners from the original BIG League are running teams, so just about every team is open.

If you're interested, check out our forum: http://big-league.proboards.com Ask for an invite stating your interest and if there is a team you'd prefer to have, and hope to see you soon on the diamond!

The preliminary league site: http://danielwheeler.org/league/lgreports/ - feel free to check it out

Last edited by Zarberg; 12-03-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: League focus changed, updated forum and site name
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

My apologies if you contacted me and I didn't get back to you, I had a surprising amount of people ask to join in just the first 20 minutes after I posted. If you're still interested, please go to the google group listed in the original post in this thread and ask for an invite!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Exclamation Update

UPDATE!

There was a lot of dissatisfaction with the league file we were going to use, so it's been decided that all the owners who are sticking around are going to democratically decide the settings on a fictional league. Want to be a part of a league for the owners, BY the owners? Come check us out:

BIG League Baseball - Home

Most start-up settings are to be decided via poll on the forums, think of it like a functional congress with the commissioner as president. As of right now the commissioner will only run the worst computer-controlled team in the league, so impartiality is a big deal here.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

We've got 11 questions currently that the individual owners are deciding (commish gets a single vote), come tomorrow evening the answers to those questions will shape our league! Want to be a part of something different and owner-driven? Come check us out!

BIG League Baseball - Home