Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:49 PM   #101
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Season 30 and I will have my first Perfect League Division team next week....See it can be done all without spending a dime.

Go Stephanie's Neffin-Neffs!!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #102
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineywoods OOTPer View Post
Season 30 and I will have my first Perfect League Division team next week....See it can be done all without spending a dime.

Go Stephanie's Neffin-Neffs!!!

Congrats from another FTP Perfect Leaguer!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #103
Argonaut
All Star Starter

VIKINGS WALK THE LEAGUE

The F2P Victoria Vikings have absolutely walked the league, pillaging P409 to the tune of an 11-1 playoff record. This is my first Perfect Series trophy, so pretty excited.

94 Steve Carlton, who I mentioned always seems to pitch better than his ratings, capped off his excellent playoffs with a 2-hit 8 inning shutout in the deciding Game 4 (Charles Bender got the 9th inning save). Carlton finished the postseason with a sparkling 0.64 ERA. It's too bad batters always seem to win the playoff awards, as I think Carlton deserved something.

Lenny Dykstra seemed the best of the playoff batters with a 1.067 OPS in the postseason. George Sisler won his 2nd MVP award in the past three years, posting a .907 OPS and 146 wRC+ on the year.

Where do the Vikings go from here? I'll let them roll on, they have quite a strong lineup that won't be easy to upgrade with F2P. But now I'm more focused on my other teams getting that Perfect Series title.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Argonaut; 10-21-2019 at 01:11 AM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:58 PM   #104
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Nice work, Argonaut.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:51 AM   #105
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons got #6! We did get lucky by not having to play the Chicago Rampage, but we did have to get past the Whatever Whatever.

Wade Boggs won the MVP making me very happy I picked him up last year. Both seasons, he also did great in the post-season. It looks like that extra offensive punch was needed more than relief help so I'm glad I saw him on sale.

We also got over 26k PP (we got well over 30k last season) so our PP generation continues to be very high (for us at least).
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 10-21-2019 at 01:23 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:54 AM   #106
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers win Game 6 to take the series 4-2. Game 6 saw Spud Chandler only go 5 innings but he struck out 8 and gave up 2 runs. The bullpen did their job only allowing 1 hit and striking out 7.

Harry Heilman was named MVP, but it was really Doc Gooden who went 2-0 with a .064 ERA. He was 5-0 in the playoffs with a 1.72 ERA.

Maddox at LF, Dykstra at CF, and Colavito at RF all won Gold Gloves. Kirby Yates won Reliever of the Year, and Molitor won a Great Bat at 3B.

Has been fun being in Diamond again for the last two seasons, but I hope we can stay at Perfect for now on. It will be nice having Sundays off again.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:05 AM   #107
Ravioli27
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
The Doubledays could not pull it out on the road against Durham in game 5 and have been eliminated. The Wild Card SpringBoks are up 3-1 to Durham to face heavily favored 128 game NC champs Legends.

Woodpeckers lost by one run in their wild card matchup. The 122 win Amsterdam Armada are favored to win the series after taking the NC series from the Texans 4-1.

Owlz were the biggest surprise as they made it to the Perfect series. They will be heavy underdogs to the 3 time Perfect champion 49ers.
Kudos to the Crimson Tide for eliminating the Kings.
Good Series man. I've been just missing out on a couple championships and somehow dropping my 100 Babe Ruth was the key? I don't know...
Glad to get another one under my belt.

Ravioli27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:04 AM   #108
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

The drama in the NCS was intense, and it came down to a close game 7, and somehow the OOTP series found a way to top that. Game four of the series found me down 3 games to 1, and looking up at an epic sized hill to climb. We came out angry and won 12-0 in game 5 to try to salvage some dignity at home, and give the Homestead Grey's a chance to celebrate on their home field. We eked out a 4-2 win in game 6, by jumping on Dolf Luque over the first few innings, and managed to hold on to that for awhile, and setting up a winner take all, game 7. This time though, we hoped our momentum would help overcome the home field advantage the Grey's had earned.

Game 7 set up with Rube Waddell facing off against Satchel Paige. Waddell had a great season for the Express, we are familiar with Paige, because he's been part of our staff for 16 years now. We know he is wicked tough, but not likely to give more than 5-6 IP. Paige only went 4.1, and gave up 1 run, but Waddell was spent after 5 shutout innings. In the 6th we brought in Rivera, and of course he gave up a run, and the score was tied 1-1 headed to the 7th. Leading off the inning, late season addition Alex Bregman led off against Lee Smith, and picked a pitch and deposited it 373 feet into the LF bleachers. I'd gone to the "1-man rotation" with everyone in the pen for game 7, and the AI brought in a weary Walter Johnson, and closed out the last 3 innings, allowing 2 hits, and not using many pitches.

Game, set, and match, PL Championship number 4!! Bregman was named Series MVP.

Awards were slim, a couple of great bats, but the "top player" rewards rightfully went to Maine Gems (who absolutely deserved it.) and a lot of Dallas Renegades. Truth be told, they both had far better regular seasons than I did, and I just happened to get hot, and lucky right when I needed it, and survived two straight 4-3 series.

Look forward to the 2049 season this coming week!
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:12 AM   #109
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

The F2P Warriors are going to Perfect and celebrate the very first championship in team history
Attached Images

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:56 AM   #110
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes won the wildcard game behind a strong Mordecai Brown start and then win their 1st ever Perfect playoff series besting the 116 game winning Bucheon Fighting Falcons 3 to 1 behind the bat of Jimmie Foxx.

However they just didn't have enough to beat the Parish WhoDats with a 4-3 series defeat after leading 3-2 but facing 100 Maddux and 100 Pedro in the last two games was too tall an order and the Whodats then went on to win their 7th title.

A great showing by the Heroes this season but only 2 postseason awards Rizzuto and O'Neil with Great Gloves. fell like i need an upgrade at a couple of spots but i'm a million miles away sitting on only 15k PP as we are very invested in silvers and bronzes in the hope of tournaments coming at some point

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:52 AM   #111
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

All this talk about my two Perfect teams, and it was the Froggies - yes, those lovable Everett Aquasox - who won a Silver League crown and were promoted to Gold.

Their expansion twin Thetford Mines lost 3-2 in the division round and will stay in Silver.

Also special mention to The Team That Will Not Be Named, who were promoted to Diamond after making the LCS. With two lots of collection missions to be announced this week, there's a good chance the TTWNBN will soon, in fact, be named.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #112
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Fighting Saints won their 5th Perfect title last night! Very nice to wake up to. They had a 2-0 lead in the World Series when I hit the sack.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #113
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Future Legends

Great to hear all the post-season exploits. Wish I were a part of them. But I had a fun season nonetheless as it was my first with a team comprised entirely of the Future Legends mission cards, including for the first time the reward card: SE Ken Griffey Jr - only my 2nd perfect historical.

Junior did not disappoint as he helped my team to 2nd in the division, a Diamond league. Granted, we only needed to get to 82-80 to get 2nd, but still ... he is as advertised.

There's still a few more Future Legends cards I still need to get to improve the team. Eloy is obtainable but he's hardly ever on the AH, and Vlad Jr ... well.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:30 PM   #114
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

My Barnstormers made the Perfect League final! Before being swallowed by a whale, 4 games to 1, naturally. But that was still pretty neat!

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 10-21-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote