Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 07:17 AM   #1
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Promotion/Demotion

How does a team that finishes regular season with a 129 wins 33 loses get demoted from P439 to P411. This teams career record is 3845 wins 1826 losses. Why are they not competing at the highest level in Perfect Team or higher then this? The have finished 1st, 15 out of the last 16 years. This is why many people are losing interest especially in Perfect Team. This league is decided before it even begins. I'm wasting my time & have so far wasted lots of money. This is crapola. I'm sure I'll get creamed as usual on the forums but right now IDGAF
Old 11-25-2019, 07:20 AM   #2
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

There's no difference between P439 and P411... it's just a number
Old 11-25-2019, 07:34 AM   #3
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
This is crapola. I'm sure I'll get creamed as usual on the forums
Well, yes. See... you're wrong.

There's like 60 Perfect Leagues by now, but no Perfectest League. They're all equal (although some at times are more equal than others) and a move from P439 to P411 is no demotion either. Teams are randomly assigned to another league on the same level during the Promotion/Relegation cycle (unless they opted to "stay put"?).

And this is probably not why many people are losing interest, either.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:51 AM   #4
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

You are wrong about nearly everything you post
Old 11-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #5
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
You are wrong about nearly everything you post
Not my last sentence...Of course that par for a OOTP forum. But y'all opinions are everybody got one. Of course yall are probably the ones that need to win in Perfect Team baseball to make yall feel like yall achieved something in life. Your Feel Good Moment...Go ahead..If if makes you feel powerful

Last edited by TC Dale; 11-25-2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Edited for content not following posted rules.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #6
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
There's no difference between P439 and P411... it's just a number
Don't believe that....or the promotion/regulated words wouldn't be used. At least that what it means in my world. Promoted mean moving up. Regulated means stay same or moving down.

Last edited by Bunktown Ballers; 11-25-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:10 AM   #7
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Well, yes. See... you're wrong.

There's like 60 Perfect Leagues by now, but no Perfectest League. They're all equal (although some at times are more equal than others) and a move from P439 to P411 is no demotion either. Teams are randomly assigned to another league on the same level during the Promotion/Relegation cycle (unless they opted to "stay put"?).

And this is probably not why many people are losing interest, either.

People are losing interest. I read everyday somebody wanting to know how to quit PT. Some explain for same reason I am. I'm sure others are joining but those are new ppl. Older customers are bailing. People want to feel like things are fair, but if their pockets aren't deep enough to spend thousands of dollars on PT they don't. Reaching PT is not that hard but when most get there....not good for them....I'm not gonna feed PT any more money...soon others will stop too..but not my businrss
Old 11-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #8
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Don't believe that....or the promotion/regulated words wouldn't be used. At least that what it means in my world. Promoted mean moving up. Regulated means stay same or moving down.
Your world is evidently different to everybody else's.

In my world if people ask a question, then (incorrectly) dismiss the answer, they don't get answered next time.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #9
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not my last sentence...Of course that par for a OOTP forum. But y'all opinions are, everybody got one. Of course yall are probably the ones that need to win in Perfect Team baseball to make yall feel like yall achieved something in life. Your Feel Good Moment...Go ahead..If if makes you feel powerful
This isn't an opinion situation, there is a factual way in which the game works which you were wrong about and now refuse to believe the truth when people tell you.

Last edited by TC Dale; 11-25-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: content not allowed removed.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #10
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
There is no promotion above Perfect League. All Perfect Leagues are equal, just as all Diamond Leagues are equal. Are you familiar with English Premier League soccer (or any other major European soccer/football league)? Once a team gets to the highest level--the Premier League--there is no where for them to get further promoted.

There have been asks in the forums, etc. for a level above Perfect, or for fewer Perfect Leagues in general, to address the concerns you're raising. But in PT20, once you're in Perfect, you can't get promoted higher.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
You were not moved down. The numbers are just names, nothing more. A P439 is the same as a P411, a Perfect League. If you were relegated, you'd be playing in D376 or so right now
Old 11-25-2019, 11:48 AM   #12
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

*Quote removed for content"

Quoting content that is not within the guidelines can result in a warning for the person quoting.

Please report the post instead and we will deal with it. Thanks.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by TC Dale; 11-25-2019 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Edited for content not allowed.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:52 PM   #13
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How does a team that finishes regular season with a 129 wins 33 loses get demoted from P439 to P411. This teams career record is 3845 wins 1826 losses. Why are they not competing at the highest level in Perfect Team or higher then this? The have finished 1st, 15 out of the last 16 years. This is why many people are losing interest especially in Perfect Team. This league is decided before it even begins. I'm wasting my time & have so far wasted lots of money. This is crapola. I'm sure I'll get creamed as usual on the forums but right now IDGAF

So through all your PT seasons in Perfect leagues the numbers were getting higher when you made the playoffs?

That is quite a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-25-2019, 02:51 PM   #14
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
This isn't an opinion situation, there is a factual way in which the game works which you were wrong about and now refuse to believe the truth when people tell you.
This is why OOTP forums are the most hateful ppl I've ever seen exists, I have learned that much from this game.

Last edited by TC Dale; 11-25-2019 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Edited for content. Please reread the rules.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:05 PM   #15
TC Dale
Global Moderator

Please revisit the link here for what is allowable and what isn't. The main forums are not OT or OTD. There is an higher standard to adhere to, the rules posted here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...hp?f=3957&a=12

If we have to warnings or stricter punishments can be issued. Please respect others opinions without going to trollish comments or posting something that is NOT allowed on the main forums. We understand sometimes viewpoints can be a problem, but address it with some maturity and respect please.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:13 PM   #16
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Dale View Post
Please revisit the link here for what is allowable and what isn't. The main forums are not OT or OTD. There is an higher standard to adhere to, the rules posted here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...hp?f=3957&a=12

If we have to warnings or stricter punishments can be issued. Please respect others opinions without going to trollish comments or posting something that is NOT allowed on the main forums. We understand sometimes viewpoints can be a problem, but address it with some maturity and respect please.

Thanks guys.
Hey Poncho..I just had a poster accusing me of killing children...WTF? Be sure you send him a post too
Old 11-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #17
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

I guess there's only one way to get out of Perfect Team leagues
Old 11-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #18
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
*Quote removed for content"

Quoting content that is not within the guidelines can result in a warning for the person quoting.

Please report the post instead and we will deal with it. Thanks.
I apologize for incorrectly assuming that the developer posting after the specific quote in question implied that what was said was allowable.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Old 11-25-2019, 03:57 PM   #19
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
P439 is a Perfect League
P411 is another Perfect League

Once you've reached the top level there is nowhere to go up even further ...

If you prefer the competition you had there simply select "stay"

If you select "random" you may end up in another Perfect League, but you'd still be at the best level.

What exactly is your problem?

You're at the top level when your league reads P.... no matter what number follows it
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 11-25-2019, 08:27 PM   #20
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

His problem appears to be that he thinks an uber whale got wrongly "regulated" down to his league and now he has no chance of winning this season.
Closed Thread