Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #1
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Pitcher gets yanked after throwing no-hit ball for 7 innings

I thought that odd, considering it was a historical game from 1989, where pitcher stamina and durability is high. He didn't have any injuries or anything, he just got yanked!

Anyone have that happened to them as well?
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
Pirates
Major Leagues

Who was the Pitcher and what is his Stamina rating?

Thanks
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

More common now but not unheard of. Share the box score so we get a better idea of the circumstances.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it's probably some basic math... if over a certain # of pitches it's unlikely he can finish the game even if left in.

now, if he had 80pitches in the 7th, that wouldn't stick, obviously. bit limited info given, though.

i've seen them go pretty far beyond tired in past. it's usually fairly liberal in that regard. early in the year, and there's another thread about pitcher stamina out there too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:51 PM   #5
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

In past versions of OOTP, the AI would never yank a pitcher throwing a no-hitter, even if beyond his pitch count. (Not sure if the "Preston Gomez exception" applied.)

It may have been fixed too well in OOTP 20.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:33 AM   #6
zappa1
All Star Starter

1988: Major League Baseball begins tracking pitch counts as an official statistic.
1989: Then-23-year-old Al Leiter of the New York Mets throws 163 pitches in his second start of the year. Starting pitchers throw at least 140 pitches in 55 games this season.

No manager in their right mind would do this unless maybe if it was a 1 run game. That would be their only defense as to why they took him out. In real life, he would be hung from the rafters by the press and fans alike. The first thing I'd like to know is, what was the score? That's important. If it's 6-0, there is no excuse for taking him out. A real manager would leave him in until he at least gave up a hit. The AI thinking is suspect here. Need more info from this game.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #7
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

Here is a perfect game from yesturdays online sim in which my pitcher got pulled after 7.2 innings.
There was no injury.

To note,
This was game 4 of the ALCS, and I am set to use a 3 man rotation.
Pitcher has a 6 out of 8 stamina rating, and also pitched game 1 of the series.(78 pitches)
My strategy is set to "quick hook" at the highest setting.
The score was 6-0 at the time of the hook. I can see some logic in this, as the game "should" have been over, and with the quick hook as setting set, along with the "yank my ace while, so he can be fresher in game 7" has a certain amount of logic.

However, my AI manager must have a serious set of stones to pull a pitcher still going strong in the middle of a no-no.
Attached Images