Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-18-2019, 12:48 PM   #261
chickenwingzach
Minors (Single A)

I am noticing that the teams I manage in NHL always have an abnormally high number of overtime/shootout losses. While the league averages 3-5 (about 40 games into the season), my Jets have 12. Noticed this with another save a while back. Anything I could do to reduce this number?
chickenwingzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #262
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwingzach View Post
I am noticing that the teams I manage in NHL always have an abnormally high number of overtime/shootout losses. While the league averages 3-5 (about 40 games into the season), my Jets have 12. Noticed this with another save a while back. Anything I could do to reduce this number?
*Looks at Jets stats for this season IRL*

Nah man, totally checks out.

Edit: Just to be clear here, I'm 100% serious. The Jets have something like, 4 wins so far in Regulation, despite sitting at a 12 as of me editing this. They're going to be high this year.

Last edited by Adam B; 11-19-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #263
cmdrsam3
Bat Boy

Fitness? Other than being ovbvious. How low should I go in allowing my players to go before I take them out of lineup? Not Goalies either, forwards and D-men.
cmdrsam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #264
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsam3 View Post
Fitness? Other than being ovbvious. How low should I go in allowing my players to go before I take them out of lineup? Not Goalies either, forwards and D-men.
If they drop below 80, consider pulling them for a game.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #265
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Might be a silly questions, but once you accept an offer to be the head of a national team, is there a way to quit the job? I'm a GM/coach of an NHL team but I took the side job for the kick of it, but I regret it as I'd like to stay open for a more prestigious team (i.e. like Canada, US or Sweden).

Last edited by Triactus; 11-19-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:49 PM   #266
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triactus View Post
Might be a silly questions, but once you accept an offer to be the head of a national team, is there a way to quit the job? I'm a GM/coach of an NHL team but I took the side job for the kick of it, but I regret it as I'd like to stay open for a more prestigious team (i.e. like Canada, US or Sweden).
There is no silly questions.

You can resign from any job by clicking on the Manager's tab and selecting the option. However, do not do it day of/during a tournament. It may cause an unintended side effect.

On a side note; you never know what offers you're going to get. I started a newer game recently, gave myself Known Nationally and received 3 offers, 2 in the SPHL, and the other to Coach Ottawa. I'm struggling on the rebuild (reinforcements are coming), but on July 2nd, 2021 I got offered to GM Team Canada for the Olympics....so that's cool. That was the first time for me.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:06 PM   #267
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
There is no silly questions.

You can resign from any job by clicking on the Manager's tab and selecting the option. However, do not do it day of/during a tournament. It may cause an unintended side effect.

On a side note; you never know what offers you're going to get. I started a newer game recently, gave myself Known Nationally and received 3 offers, 2 in the SPHL, and the other to Coach Ottawa. I'm struggling on the rebuild (reinforcements are coming), but on July 2nd, 2021 I got offered to GM Team Canada for the Olympics....so that's cool. That was the first time for me.
D'oh! I checked everywhere (manager options, national team options, ...), but I never thought to check the manager tab. Thanks for the quick reply!

And that's pretty awesome to be offered Team Canada. You definitely rolled a 20 on that one.
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:17 AM   #268
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

Is there anywhere within the CSV reports where I can find players' preferred jersey numbers?
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:21 AM   #269
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

Started a game in 2000. Been simming and rapidly expanding. I now (2018) notice in the amateur draft only 12 players are draftable. I'm assuming these are just the players from that year that have made the NHL and you can't put other players in?

Is this the intent or did something go wrong with my game?
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #270
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Dutch View Post
Is there anywhere within the CSV reports where I can find players' preferred jersey numbers?
Jeff would have to confirm, but I don't believe so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkitson16 View Post
Started a game in 2000. Been simming and rapidly expanding. I now (2018) notice in the amateur draft only 12 players are draftable. I'm assuming these are just the players from that year that have made the NHL and you can't put other players in?

Is this the intent or did something go wrong with my game?
It's a product of how Historical works. Historical right now is only players who've played in the NHL/WHA, so in the latest years, the draft class will become increasingly small for a few years before opening back up again. It will likely change in the future as we continue to backfill even just draft classes entirely.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #271
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Why is it that the names (at least) of all the players on ice at any time can't be shown on the rink image?
Simmo13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #272
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

Is it possible to create an international tournament in a custom game? As in, you have a custom league already running but want to form international teams to play in the offseason.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:30 PM   #273
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo13 View Post
Why is it that the names (at least) of all the players on ice at any time can't be shown on the rink image?
Because that information is on the Roster set. And it's not set up like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenTeddy View Post
Is it possible to create an international tournament in a custom game? As in, you have a custom league already running but want to form international teams to play in the offseason.
No.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #274
toque
Minors (Double A)

Adam, do you still have the logos/jerseys for the CHL custom game you streamed in FHM5?
toque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:01 PM   #275
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by toque View Post
Adam, do you still have the logos/jerseys for the CHL custom game you streamed in FHM5?
You mean these ones? https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=283497
Old 11-25-2019, 01:31 AM   #276
toque
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Yup, thank you!
toque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:19 AM   #277
sutnopG
Minors (Single A)

Easiest way of calculating RFA/UFA status

Hello!

Is there an easy way in-game to see when a player becomes UFA? How long bridge deal I can make etc?

Is the game reflective of reality it's quite easy but also hard to tell some years earlier in there career when they spend time in the AHL / possibly on an active NHL roster.
sutnopG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:01 PM   #278
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutnopG View Post
Hello!

Is there an easy way in-game to see when a player becomes UFA? How long bridge deal I can make etc?

Is the game reflective of reality it's quite easy but also hard to tell some years earlier in there career when they spend time in the AHL / possibly on an active NHL roster.
I don't think it directly tells you, but if you look on a player's profile it tell you what type of Free Agency they are going to (Unrestricted/Restricted) in the lower left corner.

It does follow actual real rules though, so roughly ~7 years total.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #279
Northernsky
Major Leagues

Confused with farm team

Hello - I am playing as the 89/90 flames and I think there may be an issue with the farm team. The game says the 'Salt Lake Golden Eagles' are my farm team but when I go to my Manager options and Control Farm Teams it says No Farm teams. Is this a bug? Now I can select the team under my Flames nav bar at the top and I can control lines and players but I want the AI to do it... currently as I said above the game says I have no farm teams.

Confused.

Thanks,

Scott
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:21 PM   #280
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
Hello - I am playing as the 89/90 flames and I think there may be an issue with the farm team. The game says the 'Salt Lake Golden Eagles' are my farm team but when I go to my Manager options and Control Farm Teams it says No Farm teams. Is this a bug? Now I can select the team under my Flames nav bar at the top and I can control lines and players but I want the AI to do it... currently as I said above the game says I have no farm teams.

Confused.

Thanks,

Scott
Historical Modes Minor Leagues are not playable, so don't think too much on it. There's nothing to control there.