Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:03 AM   #81
quaxbi
Bat Boy

Any chance of at least an auction house filter for owned cards to make collection missions a lot more bearable in the near term? Good example would be going through over 100 pages of owned cards to get the worst of the worst when it comes to live cards. Should also auto filter when looking for a specific card through the mission interface, but an owned filter would help across the board.
quaxbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #82
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
A little update: After the launch of missions the PT development team needed a bit of a break, hence development on tournaments has stalled. We'll pick it up next week, and with a bit of luck they will be done in August, at least that's what my gut tells me.

Regarding OOTP Go, development is ongoing, no timetable for release yet. This project is a massive undertaking and I really cannot say for sure when it will be ready. But we won't stress ourselves, it'll be released when it's done

Missions are awesome and live up to expectations! Completed the Brewers LIVE and Negro League card set and a few others.

Looking forward to tournaments and Go!
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:01 AM   #83
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

July 31 Update Unfortunately, a vital part of the PT development team has been out sick for an extended time now and still will be for a week, so tournaments will most likely not be ready for launch in August, we're very sorry. We're doing the best we can to get them done as soon as humanly possible though. Once we get close, we will have a public beta of the tournaments to iron out the last kinks, that should take about a week or two, and then the feature will launch officially. In the meantime, we are making good progress with OOTP Go!, we'll have a more detailed development update soon. It already runs on Android, including full PT and 3D support. Next steps are polishing and improving the interface (so that some screens on tablets show more info than on a cell phones) and getting it to run on iOS.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 07-31-2019 at 07:12 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:26 AM   #84
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

How much work would it be to add an option to export the transaction log as a csv? People like us love looking over a large set of numbers like that.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #85
daves
Hall Of Famer

My vote OOTP go. The app will allow me to actually play the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #86
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

I might be the only one who can't afford buying points and therefore couldn't care less about the weekly cards that I'll likely never get... we NEED salary cap tournaments!
Quickly lost interest in PT after doing a ton of research on gem cards and line-ups to field the best budget team possible, only to get perpetually dumped on by whales with seemingly AI controlled lineups for the first 4-5 season in a row.
Boring. I want to feel like I have a chance to compete !

Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #87
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobbins View Post
I might be the only one who can't afford buying points and therefore couldn't care less about the weekly cards that I'll likely never get... we NEED salary cap tournaments!
Quickly lost interest in PT after doing a ton of research on gem cards and line-ups to field the best budget team possible, only to get perpetually dumped on by whales with seemingly AI controlled lineups for the first 4-5 season in a row.
Boring. I want to feel like I have a chance to compete !

My feelings aren't quite as strong, but I certainly understand your point. I've spent $50 and unlikely to spend much more and you are right, the throttled down tournaments like Salary cap and "bronze ballers" are just what the game needs. We will have to hang in there a little longer.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:30 PM   #88
stans_cpa
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you for the transparency and open communication. Your product is wonderful and I'm a happy paying customer. I understand things take more time than originally thought.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks, Jeff
stans_cpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #89
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It’s becoming increasingly frustrating that so many of us purchased this game and stockpiled cards from Day 1 for what we thought would have the advertised features. The collections were delayed, but they were at least out by July. Tournaments are going to be 6 months late from the “COMING APRIL 2019” advertisement. So once the tournaments finally come out, we’ll only have them in this game that a lot of us are invested in, for 6 months as opposed to the full year we were originally anticipating, and this is all IF they get them out by September.

Things don’t always work out as planned, and having a development delay is understandable, but promising a feature and missing your timeline by 6+ months is irresponsible.

I’ll respond to this before anyone says it: Yes, I know the game doesn’t “end” when the next game comes out, but you know as well as I do, it turns into a ghost town.

Last edited by MarkGracesSlumpBuster; 08-06-2019 at 10:22 AM.
MarkGracesSlumpBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #90
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGracesSlumpBuster View Post
It’s becoming increasingly frustrating that so many of us purchased this game and stockpiled cards from Day 1 for what we thought would have the advertised features. The collections were delayed, but they were at least out by July. Tournaments are going to be 6 months late from the “COMING APRIL 2019” advertisement. So once the tournaments finally come out, we’ll only have them in this game that a lot of us are invested in, for 6 months as opposed to the full year we were originally anticipating, and this is all IF they get them out by September.

Things don’t always work out as planned, and having a development delay is understandable, but promising a feature and missing your timeline by 6+ months is irresponsible.

I’ll respond to this before anyone says it: Yes, I know the game doesn’t “end” when the next game comes out, but you know as well as I do, it turns into a ghost town.
Lol Jesus Christ
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #91
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Mobile app over tournaments all day

Who bought this game just for the perfect team tournaments? that's a nice bonus whenever it gets here. huge lol.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #92
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Maybe they will be nice and not bring out 21 until 2021.

Another thought about the game turning into a "ghost town". By the time 1 year has gone by, you should have built up your team to the best you can afford. After that it really doesn't matter if the game is a "ghost town" or not. Many teams in 20 already have ghost owners. I beat one such team last week in Game 7 of the Perfect league finals which used its 5th starter instead of the fully rested ace in that winner take all game.

Last edited by bailey; 08-07-2019 at 12:40 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:52 PM   #93
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

In all sincerity, it would be great if this version of PT carried over to OOTP 21. I'm in the Perfect Leagues muddling along and since I can see the end of the baseball season in sight (and fear the ghost town phenomenon), I'm not investing in packs or AH or anything anymore. Just riding out what I've invested at least a couple hundred bucks on both teams (and I've completely enjoyed my return in packs and AH players) but going after the handful of missing collection cards, strategically eyeing a card that might do well in tournaments... I'm just not because the end of the game is in sight. If you told me we get another year with these teams, I'm back in and spending and far more engaged.

Again, I'm not bitter about the delays or bemoaning my spend. I'm grateful for the collections and touney work by all the great folks at OOTP (I've been onboard here since OOTP6!). I'd just like more time to invest in PT and go deeper, get better, complete and compete more. Next year, with a clean slate, I'll probably invest much less honestly because I'll view it more as it has turned out to be - a fleeting joy with little odds of completing all that there is. And I'll go back to the core game and continue diving deep into my dynasties and let my handful of packs carry a single PT team to Silver, if lucky...

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:48 AM   #94
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Mobile app over tournaments all day

Who bought this game just for the perfect team tournaments? that's a nice bonus whenever it gets here. huge lol.

Tournaments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mobile to me. The league structure gets boring, I want to try tournaments.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #95
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
In all sincerity, it would be great if this version of PT carried over to OOTP 21. I'm in the Perfect Leagues muddling along and since I can see the end of the baseball season in sight (and fear the ghost town phenomenon), I'm not investing in packs or AH or anything anymore. Just riding out what I've invested at least a couple hundred bucks on both teams (and I've completely enjoyed my return in packs and AH players) but going after the handful of missing collection cards, strategically eyeing a card that might do well in tournaments... I'm just not because the end of the game is in sight. If you told me we get another year with these teams, I'm back in and spending and far more engaged.

Again, I'm not bitter about the delays or bemoaning my spend. I'm grateful for the collections and touney work by all the great folks at OOTP (I've been onboard here since OOTP6!). I'd just like more time to invest in PT and go deeper, get better, complete and compete more. Next year, with a clean slate, I'll probably invest much less honestly because I'll view it more as it has turned out to be - a fleeting joy with little odds of completing all that there is. And I'll go back to the core game and continue diving deep into my dynasties and let my handful of packs carry a single PT team to Silver, if lucky...

That wouldn't happen...that would be a major blow to their bottom line. There's a reason no card collecting sport game carry over from one year to another...because if you have to start over, you have to fork over the money all over again. Maybe you would go and spend more money, but the vast majority of people wouldn't, because they have already pretty much their team where they want it to be. The vast majority of those players will purchase OOTP21 and spend money again in that game.

There's a reason that's the model those games follow...because it's the most profitable one.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:09 AM   #96
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Tournaments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mobile to me.
What is a mobile after all?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:10 AM   #97
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

A full year is a long time to play. I'm ready for something completely new each season since the journey building up a team is the most fun part anyway for me. Not that it will ever happen but if the game "carried over" then how do you deal with new and updated cards?

I think it would be nice for returning players to get a little something at the start of the new game like Ultimate Team does, a few packs just as a thanks for playing, but everyone who buys points knows that they get the benefit for a year of active play and then another year of maybe half playing.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:34 PM   #98
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

The game's lifespan, as measured from release of one version to the next, is too long for the main game where the focus is to cobble together a team based either on a theme or on an ability to compete. This leads players to lose interest in their teams as upgrades become fewer and farther between. It also leads to some players changing themes and other to switch from a competitive team model to a theme team model.

However it is also too short for collecting (based on the number of cards [including the deliberate weekly and monthly new releases] and the rate of point accrual, not the roll out of collection missions).

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #99
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Tournaments will put a huge breath of fresh air into this game. I've learned my lesson on spending money for anything but the actual game when it comes out.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:54 AM   #100
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

With 19 not getting new card updates all the teams look the same. Paxton, Corbin, JD...

So when 21 comes out it will be the same thing for 20..
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote