Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:36 AM   #1
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Morning Packs = On Fire

So, I made a tidy little 49k over the last 8 to 9 hours after a ton of auctions ended that were inflated by the new sets, so I decided to risk it all and buy only packs with that 49k.

Well, the pack Gods must have been looking down on me this morning, because they handed out an abundance of gold and diamonds in my 49 regular packs.

I got 6 total Diamonds:

99 Cody Bellinger
97 Freddie Freeman
93 Pedro Martinez
91 Luis Severino
91 Carlos Correa
90 Dale Murphy

As for gold, I got the following 8:

89 Stephen Strasburg
88 Charlie Blackmon
85 Trea Turner
83 Aaron Bummer
83 Patrick Corbin x2
82 Dale Murphy
82 Bobby Shantz

And that doesn't include the 8-10 silvers I also pulled, plus a ton of bronze cards that go into a variety of sets that will sell for at least triple their quicksell value.

Needless to say this morning's packs were straight fire and I will definitely make a profit if I sell all of the cards (though I might just let them ride it out for the rest of this season and then sell the ones I don't like so I can finish building the Astros set).
Treydmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Holy Wow Batman!

Congrats! I made some extra yesterday but only tried 10 packs on a couple teams, didn't get much thankfully picked up some awesome cards from the AH I wouldn't normally, heh.

Yesterday was a good day
Old 06-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Dang, that's a pretty good haul. I opened 25 packs yesterday and got 1 diamond (Will Smith), 1 gold and 1 silver. The diamond, gold and silver were in the very first 2 packs I opened too, so the rest was as bad as it gets.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
Goliathus
Major Leagues

1. Look at the pack counts of my pack only teams...90+ for the highest
2. Look at my teams' roster
3. Cry

I think you got more diamonds and golds than I did with double the packs.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Well done! I opened like 25ish packs yesterday between the easy missions and buying a bunch, and only got 1 gold (well, 2 golds, but one of the free packs was a gold pack). I guess I should have waited to this morning to open!
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #6
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Congrats! That's a sick pull.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks guys!!

This was definitely unprecedented luck, which means I probably won't pull a diamond for quite awhile.

I was happy for the upgrades, but will be selling some of these guys so I can get the 40k or so needed to finish up the Astros set. Really want to see that Pettite in action PLUS Berkman is one of my favorite Astros of all time, so can't wait to get him into the lineup.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:41 PM   #8
Goliathus
Major Leagues

If you are not in rush to complete some missions, you can try to sell those cards for a decent price now that collection missions are still hot. Could get you closer to the 40K needed and you might have opened some mission cards on those packs, you lucky B!
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:29 PM   #9
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

I also happened to pick up some packs this morning/last night (between 11pm and 1am PST) and got my first perfect historical card: Pedro Martinez! I'd rather be lucky than good. I'm excited to see how he has done in his first day of work when I get home.

Midnight magic confirmed.

F2P:
Canthereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:23 AM   #10
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthereon View Post
I also happened to pick up some packs this morning/last night (between 11pm and 1am PST) and got my first perfect historical card: Pedro Martinez! I'd rather be lucky than good. I'm excited to see how he has done in his first day of work when I get home.

Midnight magic confirmed.

THAT is a nice card. That's about as good as you can do more or less.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

This inspired me to open a few more packs last night. Did get a few diamond pulls (Kluber, Buehler, and I forget the 3rd but it was a 90 diamond historical). But then was lucky enough that those packs gave me a couple more knuckleballers so I was only 1 away from that mission, so after a couple hundred PP on the auction house, that gave me one more gold pack to open, and hit a Joe Cronin, who's probably the most valuable card I pulled all night.

No perfect, but not a terrible haul on the whole. And it's definitely fun to actually now sometimes be happy with a common iron "Wait, was that a Carlos Torres? I think that's one of the cards I'm missing for the Tigers mission!"
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #12
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

for the first time in quite a while, I spent some PP on packs that I had built up over the weeks. I dunno how some of you guys open 25 packs a week, it took me most of the last 8 weeks to build up enough PP to buy 25 packs

usually I am very happy if I just get a silver on a pack

anyway, my luck finally changed for once. I got a Josh Gibson 100 and a Vlad Guerrero 99, plus a few assorted golds, and even a fair number of my bronzes were not live cards, which was nice for a change.

Last edited by Whoofe; 06-19-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:56 PM   #13
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

well that Josh Gibson card can finance an entire perfect level roster
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:58 AM   #14
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
This inspired me to open a few more packs last night. Did get a few diamond pulls (Kluber, Buehler, and I forget the 3rd but it was a 90 diamond historical). But then was lucky enough that those packs gave me a couple more knuckleballers so I was only 1 away from that mission, so after a couple hundred PP on the auction house, that gave me one more gold pack to open, and hit a Joe Cronin, who's probably the most valuable card I pulled all night.

No perfect, but not a terrible haul on the whole. And it's definitely fun to actually now sometimes be happy with a common iron "Wait, was that a Carlos Torres? I think that's one of the cards I'm missing for the Tigers mission!"
Yes, the collection missions get me excited for almost every card I pull now, knowing that every live card + most non-live cards all have value either in a set (if I want to complete one) or on the AH, as someone else may be looking for it.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:47 AM   #15
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Man, I had some luck tonight. The other night I opened ~50 packs and didn't get much out of them, and nothing noteworthy for sure.

Tonight same thing, about 50 packs and pulled a Trout (actually my 2nd one, my free team managed to pull a Trout and a Bryant in like my first 4 packs coming out of the entry pool), a Yelich, a Mookie Betts and a few others (94 Duke Snider and the 93 Rookie Pujols amongst other useful golds and diamonds.)

That's probably my luck for the rest of the year though. Yelich card means I'm 1 card away (Bobby Wahl damn you and also your ACL) from the Brewers mission being complete - not sure if I want to complete it and get that Yount or if I want to maybe move my few cards worth something to try and fill out my team a bit more (have the Yelich, Trout and pulled the 100 Doc Gooden a few seasons ago that are worth at least something.) Actually made it into perfect league this season and I am completely outclassed up here.

I put a little money into the game, but nowhere near where some of these people have. They have extremely good teams to show for it too.

Last edited by ubernoob; 06-20-2019 at 05:48 AM.
ubernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:13 PM   #16
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So, I finally finished that Astros collection today, grabbing two of the rookie/sophomore players cards for like 2k less than they have been going for, which makes me very happy.

I had like 12k PP left over, so decided to try my luck with more packs.

Bought 1 gold pack and pulled the 81 Historical All Star Rich Rhoden and 91 Historical All Star JJ Putz. Feeling frisky after that, I just opened 7 more regular packs and, well, had two really, really good pulls for my squad: 97 Hardware Heroes Hal Newhouser and PERFECT DWIGHT FREAKING GOODEN (plus a 91 James Paxton).

So, well, wow. After finishing up the Astros set and all of those pulls, I can completely overhaul my starters and have 90 Pettite, 100 Gooden, 97 Newhouser, 81 Rhoden and 91 Paxton and upgrade my closer to 91 Putz.

The game must really think my below average rotation does suck, lmao.