Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Auction House listing clarification regarding LIVE updates

I understand if you list a card overlapping the cutoff for a LIVE card, if they bump up or down into the higher tier, there is an option to "auto-sell if it doesn't sell" option. I also understand, for example, if a card is bronze and listed at 35 start bid, 89 BIN, and marked as "auto-sell if not sold", and the player increases into the silver tier, if the card doesn't sell it will auto-sell at 100PP instead of 25PP. I think I understand that correctly, but my question follows...

If the same scenario as above occurs, and the player goes up into silver, but there's a bid at, say 55PP, but it doesn't go any higher than that, how does the game treat that sale? Does their bid automatically go up to 100? That would seem silly.

My guess is that it would stay at 55, but if you list a silver card it won't let you sell it for anything less than 100. Has this caused weird scenarios for any sellers or buyers before? Or is this where smart bidding and managing your sales pays off?
Old 06-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Nobody?
Old 06-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

it would sell for 55 but if anybody is online to see the card after the update they would obviously bid it up to 100

why people still list live cards overnight before monday is beyond me
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
it would sell for 55 but if anybody is online to see the card after the update they would obviously bid it up to 100

why people still list live cards overnight before monday is beyond me
Yeah. Not very good at planning ahead I guess?
Old 06-05-2019, 10:48 PM   #5
Shadowz
Bat Boy

I would avoid live cards at all costs, they are completely worthless. A 100 live card is worth about an 85 card in any other category. They are pretty much a waste of time.
Shadowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:11 AM   #6
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowz View Post
I would avoid live cards at all costs, they are completely worthless. A 100 live card is worth about an 85 card in any other category. They are pretty much a waste of time.
Thank you for your well-reasoned and thoughtful argument.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #7
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Too much salt is bad for you.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I'd imagine as we get closer to season end, the ratings tend to be more "real" and once the season is finished, the live cards ratings will be locked in and just as valid as the non-live cards
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #9
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Everyone knows that the overall ratings of live cards are inflated because otherwise you would have Trout at perfect and like ten diamond quality players when you are comparing them to the entire history of baseball. Matt Chapman could be a gold historic card and no one would think the overall was too low for the ratings.

But while you aren't going to win many perfect leagues with noah syndergaard as your best pitcher that doesn't mean he isn't useful at other level. his price reflects that he isn't as good as historical SP with the same overall.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote