Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-21-2019, 07:35 PM   #1
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
P416 standings

For you Zorro, here are things are going in our P416 league. Some familiar faces.
Attached Images
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I had fun playing last year in "Orcin's Mini-whale" league. Even though it was only for the one season. I miss the interaction between the guys.

I am not doing very well in this league (Butte City Bruisers). I have the same team as I had last year!

Oh well, it is still fun but I can't wait for tomorrow for PT20. I am just trying to figure out what strategy to use to manage my teams. I am initially going F2P for all three teams, while keeping up with my my old teams in PT19.
Jeff1787 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:53 AM   #3
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I had fun playing last year in "Orcin's Mini-whale" league. Even though it was only for the one season. I miss the interaction between the guys.

I am not doing very well in this league (Butte City Bruisers). I have the same team as I had last year!

Oh well, it is still fun but I can't wait for tomorrow for PT20. I am just trying to figure out what strategy to use to manage my teams. I am initially going F2P for all three teams, while keeping up with my my old teams in PT19.

I completely agree Jeff. Was quite fun in that league. I'm tempted to throw 5 bucks at the team my buddy is going to run for me and also at my main team. Not sure yet.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
For you Zorro, here are things are going in our P416 league. Some familiar faces.
Thank you my friend.😁. Pizza and Beer day.🍻
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Thank you my friend.😁. Pizza and Beer day.🍻
It is!

1961 cards again today. 7 hours to go!
Old 03-22-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Pizza and Beer! You guys are lucky.

I'm on the wagon for 50 days until mid April. Modified Lent thing!!

Very boring...

But more focused time for OOTP!!
Jeff1787 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Pizza and Beer! You guys are lucky.

I'm on the wagon for 50 days until mid April. Modified Lent thing!!

Very boring...

But more focused time for OOTP!!
You do that also? My wife gives up alcohol for Lent. (Not me) So until Easter ,Pizza and Beer for me and Pizza and Diet soda for her. She is honoring her father who use to do that for Lent. I gave up asparagus.😉
Old 03-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #8
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You do that also? My wife gives up alcohol for Lent. (Not me) So until Easter ,Pizza and Beer for me and Pizza and Diet soda for her. She is honoring her father who use to do that for Lent. I gave up asparagus.😉
My buddy is coming over tonight after I get back from Pizza and Beer day and he's abstaining for Lent also.....I, however, will be drinking plenty of IPA while we play out the 1905 world series in our historical game we're playing.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:30 PM   #9
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My buddy is coming over tonight after I get back from Pizza and Beer day and he's abstaining for Lent also.....I, however, will be drinking plenty of IPA while we play out the 1905 world series in our historical game we're playing.
That is sooo cool. Sounds like a great night. 😁😁😁
Old 03-22-2019, 12:35 PM   #10
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is sooo cool. Sounds like a great night. 😁😁😁

I let him run one of my Perfect Teams so we're going to setup his PT 20 team first....the world series should be fun. We're the Phillies led by Honus Wagner, Doc White and Noodles Hahn. We made a few trades...Wagner cost us Elmer Flick...
Old 03-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #11
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I let him run one of my Perfect Teams so we're going to setup his PT 20 team first....the world series should be fun. We're the Phillies led by Honus Wagner, Doc White and Noodles Hahn. We made a few trades...Wagner cost us Elmer Flick...
Good trade.👍😁
Old 03-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #12
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Well Zorro, at the card shop getting my cards priced. Nice haul today including 61 Ernie Banks and Frank Robinson!

Next stop beer whilst waiting for my pizza.

Edit: oh yea, Yaz and Colivito too!

Last edited by mcdog512; 03-22-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:56 PM   #13
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well Zorro, at the card shop getting my cards priced. Nice haul today including 61 Ernie Banks and Frank Robinson!

Next stop beer whilst waiting for my pizza.

Edit: oh yea, Yaz and Colivito too!
Had my pizza and beer.👍. Wow you got Banks AND Robinson? Nice haul. Did Frank go up even more now that he died?
Old 03-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #14
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Colavito too? You did quite well today my friend.😁
Old 03-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #15
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Friday is pizza night at my house as well, but we make it from scratch. And I'll go with vodka/cranberry instead of beer.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #16
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Had my pizza and beer.👍. Wow you got Banks AND Robinson? Nice haul. Did Frank go up even more now that he died?
I got a pretty good deal at $75 for about 50 cards including those cards and a few more semi stars.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I got a pretty good deal at $75 for about 50 cards including those cards and a few more semi stars.
Sounds like a great deal my friend. Who won the WS you and your friend were going to play out?
Old 03-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #18
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sounds like a great deal my friend. Who won the WS you and your friend were going to play out?
I'm glad you asked!

It was unbelievable. I mean insane.

First off we imported the game from OOTP 19 to OOTP 20 to take advantage of the new animations. Not sure if it's a bug or what but there was an INSANE amount of steal attempts. Our Phillies ran ourselves out of innings routinely. The New York Highlanders also to a lesser extent as they has some pretty fast lads.

They definitely had the hitters but we had the pitching with two former Cy Young winners Noodles Hahn and Doc White. Our third starter was injured for the series, Al Orth. Happy Townsend was promoted by the manager to the three man playoff rotation.

Game 1:
Noodles Hahn got ambushed in the first inning as the Highlanders took it 4-2

Game 2:
Phillies come back with a win 7-3 with Doc White on the hill.

Game 3:
Phillies take game 3 9-8 with reliever Red Donahue getting the win.

Game 4:
Phillies win 2-0 on a 3 hit shutout powered by Noodles Hahn.

Game 5:
With the series in their grasp and winning 8-1 in the bottom of the 9th, the highlanders score 8 f'ing runs in the bottom of the 9th to win the game and stay alive. It was unbelievable. The manager left Doc White in the whole inning. We were bummed.

Game 6:
With a 4-2 lead going in to the top of the 8th the Highlanders scored 2 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th to win and force game 7.

Game 7:
With a 4-2 lead going into the bottom of the 8th the Phillies scored 5 runs off Highlanders Jim Buchanan and hold on to win the 1905 world series, the second title in our six years as general manager of Phillies.

As a side note it seems Ed Delahanty is pretty much shot but we drafted Hal Chase last year to take over first base.

Sorry for the long non-PT related post.

Last edited by mcdog512; 03-23-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #19
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm glad you asked!

It was unbelievable. I mean insane.

First off we imported the game from OOTP 19 to OOTP 20 to take advantage of the new animations. Not sure if it's a bug or what but there was an INSANE amount of steal attempts. Our Phillies ran ourselves out of innings routinely. The New York Highlanders also to a lesser extent as they has some pretty fast lads.

They definitely had the hitters but we had the pitching with two former Cy Young winners Noodles Hahn and Doc White. Our third starter was injured for the series, Al Orth. Happy Townsend was promoted by the manager to the three man playoff rotation.

Game 1:
Noodles Hahn got ambushed in the first inning as the Highlanders took it 4-2

Game 2:
Phillies come back with a win 7-3 with Doc White on the hill.

Game 3:
Phillies take game 3 9-8 with reliever Red Donahue getting the win.

Game 4:
Phillies win 2-0 on a 3 hit shutout powered by Noodles Hahn.

Game 5:
With the series in their grasp and winning 8-1 in the bottom of the 9th, the highlanders score 8 f'ing runs in the bottom of the 9th to win the game and stay alive. It was unbelievable. The manager left Doc White in the whole inning. We were bummed.

Game 6:
With a 4-2 lead going in to the top of the 8th the Highlanders scored 2 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th to win and force game 7.

Game 7:
With a 4-2 lead going into the bottom of the 8th the Phillies scored 5 runs off Highlanders Jim Buchanan and hold on to win the 1905 world series, the second title in our six years as general manager of Phillies.

As a side note it seems Ed Delahanty is pretty much shot but we drafted Hal Chase last year to take over first base.

Sorry for the long non-PT related post.
Man I am so jealous of you two. I had a friend when I lived in California who also loved to play these sim baseball games and we would get together on a Saturday nights and play all night. We were both so in to it. (We also had a basketball simleague together) Now I live in NY and have to go online to find people who are in to it. It is so cool when you have a couple of guys because your interest rubs off and makes the experience super. I miss that...
Old 03-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #20
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Man I am so jealous of you two. I had a friend when I lived in California who also loved to play these sim baseball games and we would get together on a Saturday nights and play all night. We were both so in to it. (We also had a basketball simleague together) Now I live in NY and have to go online to find people who are in to it. It is so cool when you have a couple of guys because your interest rubs off and makes the experience super. I miss that...

Yea, my buddy and I have been doing sports sims since 1984 regularly in addition to lots of other games. He grew up in my neighborhood behind my grandmothers house so I've I've know him since like 1969.