Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
hank9481
Major Leagues

Can't Send In-Game Emails from Mac

No matter what I do, I can't send emails from within the game. I can send from my mail client no problem, I have the settings right as well. Something is weird with OOTP 17's email in game.

Can someone advise?
Old 07-26-2016, 10:31 PM   #2
hank9481
Major Leagues

Bump, can this please be fixed?!
Old 07-31-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
hank9481
Major Leagues

Bump, yet again
Old 08-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

When did this problem first start for you? Did anything change with your email provider?

Also, when you go to the settings page, if you click on the "Test e-mail settings" button, what does that tell you? I would expect that should provide you with details about what the problem is.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
hank9481
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
When did this problem first start for you? Did anything change with your email provider?

Also, when you go to the settings page, if you click on the "Test e-mail settings" button, what does that tell you? I would expect that should provide you with details about what the problem is.

It says SMTP test failed. But the settings are correct. Another user in the same league can send emails from his PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank9481 View Post
It says SMTP test failed. But the settings are correct. Another user in the same league can send emails from his PC.

Is that the exact error that shows up? Having the exact text can help us diagnose better.

Also, has this ever worked for you, or is this a new problem?
Old 08-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
hank9481
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Is that the exact error that shows up? Having the exact text can help us diagnose better.

Also, has this ever worked for you, or is this a new problem?

I can provide a screen shot tonight but that is close. And yes it worked at one time then just suddenly quit. I've seen other Mac users post the same problens

Old 08-02-2016, 03:42 PM   #8
hank9481
Major Leagues

This is the exact error, but it happens on Mac only. Using the exact same settings on PC, the email sends fine.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #9
hank9481
Major Leagues

Any ideas?
Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #10
hank9481
Major Leagues

Hello? Any help?

It's completely ridiculous this issue is going on a month and no one will reply to the damn thread. It's in the appropriate place.

Help me fix the damn issue or refund my money.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Sorry for the delay. I saw your reply before, but got caught up and it slipped my mind.

As for the issue, we'd need to see your mail settings to be sure what the problem is. Sometimes each operating system will handle mail differently, and you might need different settings to be able to send from a mac as opposed to someone else sending from a PC. If you wish to send over the mail settings you use, you can PM me the details and we can work together to verify that they will work. Some things that might help to try:

1. Check that you don't have a firewall blocking your outgoing mail. If you have one, it's possible that your default mail app has been allowed but others have been blocked.
2. Try different settings. Again, there could be something blocking specific settings, so I would suggest trying different ports (25, 465, 587), as well as trying with the SSL box both checked and unchecked. We've seen some cases where disabling the SSL can allow the mail to go through.
3. If you're using GMail, you may also need to change your SMTP settings. See here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78775?hl=en under the "Still can't send email?" point.
4. If you're not using gmail, I would recommend searching on your email provider's help pages for issues with sending email from clients. As mentioned above, each system may work differently on each platform and may require their own settings.
5. Try to connect through telnet to see if you also get an error. The google link above at the bottom details the instructions, and if you are not using google you should be able to use similar commands to connect to your mail server, but essentially you can try testing to see if the mail server is reachable by telnet. If it's not, then most likely the problem is either with some sort of local firewall on your system, or it's something with your network preventing the connection.

Hopefully something in here will resolve your problems. If they don't work, please PM me with your specific mail settings and we can try to investigate further what might be the issue.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #12
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

I had a very similar problem in OOTP15 and OOTP16 on Linux. The mail client code in OOTP did not support Google secure mail settings. Suspect Mac and Linux e-mail code is similar in the game. I had filed a bug, but it was never resolved.

@Matt - If you can see support ticket 12674, it has the details regarding the specific STARTTLS command that needs to be issued in order to connect to gmail.

Admittedly, I never gathered the Wireshark TCP/IP trace that shows the problem, but if I knew a dev was going to look at it, I could collect it pretty quickly.
silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:53 PM   #13
joeyjojojrshabadoo
Minors (Double A)

I'd be interested in what the resolution to this situation was. I've had the same issue for a number of years now. I have to ask another GM to send the emails as well. I too am running on a Mac
joeyjojojrshabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #14
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

As far as I know, it's still not resolved.
silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:05 PM   #15
hank9481
Major Leagues

Can't Send In-Game Emails from Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
As far as I know, it's still not resolved.

Of course not.

Last edited by hank9481; 04-27-2018 at 10:34 AM.
hank9481 is offline   Reply With Quote