Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
bruckm
Minors (Single A)

player photos won't change

OK, I downloaded a player photos pack for a OOTP2008 save game. They're great quality, but they're too big. They mess with the text on the player card and are not centered for the in-play game cameos. I've saved (new, proper sized) other photos in the photos folder, but to no avail. The original photos remain.
I've updated player photos and 'forced' them in the game setup, but they don't change.

I've deleted the larger size photos from the photo folder and placed smaller ones that ARE the proper size, but the game does not seem to recognize them.

What can I do?
bruckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
are they correct size? 90 x whatever?

are they jpeg/jpg vs anything else?

are they named properly, although that 1 should'nt matter if you are manually loading them.

I am on 11 not 12 but if you send me the file/post a link here I can see if they will load for me.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
bruckm
Minors (Single A)

Both photo packs were from links here. (this is for OOTP8) The original pictures were too large and forced a compression of the biographical data on a player's profile. The pictures looked great, but also, they didn't fit the cameo right during in-game play. I deleted all of the original photos. I replaced those pictures in the C:\Program Files\OOTP8\data\photos folder with the 90x135 size pictures. Yes, names are correct.

Now, some of the players photos are spot on and others are the original, larger size. They are in jpeg format. EVERY picture in the folder now is the correct format, but many players...all of the ones on my team...still reflect the incorrect, larger, format.

Is there a way to clear the photos out of the game's memory once they are loaded?

Again, I have pictures. They match the players by name correctly. The pictures I originally downloaded were too large for OOTP8 apparently. I deleted those. I downloaded new pictures which ARE the correct size. Not all player's however have had their pictures change in their profiles to the pictures that are actually in the C:\Program Files\OOTP8\data\photos folder. Some player's pictures are the correct size and work perfectly well within the program. Others do not. ALL pictures in the photos folder are the correct format. Not 1 is larger than 90x135.

picture on left is from the original photo pack I downloaded. It is physically NOT in the photo folder. There are no photos there now as a matter of fact. The picture on the right is what I replaced the original photos with. The game clearly remembers the photos as I've now deleted all of them from the folder and yet everybody has a picture.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by bruckm; 07-27-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
Chicagofan76
Banned

I dont know how much difference there is between 8 & 11, but what I would try is go to player profile - new fictional picture - then import photo file / find photo file...since you have then all named. I use facegen vs photos, but on occasion if I redo a player i will have to follow the steps above to get the correct fg in place.

Other then that shy of looking at the files myself even just a few i dont know what the problem is.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
bruckm
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
I would try is go to player profile - new fictional picture - then import photo file / find photo file...
OOTP8 doesn't offer that option. Or, if it does, I can't see it on the player profile page.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruckm View Post
OOTP8 doesn't offer that option. Or, if it does, I can't see it on the player profile page.
not sure I only played the 8 demo for 2 weeks...what about if you are in commish mode?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #7
bruckm
Minors (Single A)

So nobody knows how to get a player profile picture to chnge in OOTP8?

Found it.
C:\Program Files\OOTP8\data\saved_games\Texas Rangers.lg\news\html\images

Last edited by bruckm; 08-05-2011 at 07:50 PM.