Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 07-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
revcarte
Major Leagues

How do I correct the rosters of two teams???

In my 1968 league, for some reason Don McMahon is not on the Tigers....the team he finished the season with. he even pitched in the World Series for the Tigers. In July of 68 The Tigers obtained McMahon from the White Sox for Dennis Ribant. So I tried to trade McMahon for Ribant but the White Sox refused. So....How do I correct the rosters??
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
donhunter
Bat Boy

Roster Problems

I have the same problem with the 1979 Pirates. I don't have Bill Madlock or Tim Foli, who were both with the team for more than half of the season. But the game won't let me re-create the trades that were made for them in 1979. Is there any way to correct these incorrect rosters? (The strange thing is that one of the minor league pitchers traded for Madlock is on the Giants, not the Pirates.) So I'm adding my plea for help to yours!
donhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
revcarte
Major Leagues

complicated fix

Here is another thread that will help you fix the problem.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...g-lineups.html
read the next to last comment. it is complicated but works.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
busman
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
In my 1968 league, for some reason Don McMahon is not on the Tigers....the team he finished the season with. he even pitched in the World Series for the Tigers. In July of 68 The Tigers obtained McMahon from the White Sox for Dennis Ribant. So I tried to trade McMahon for Ribant but the White Sox refused. So....How do I correct the rosters??

Just switch your management temporarily from the Tigers to White Sox. You can do so at "Main Menu --> Manager --> Manager Options --> Action --> Manage Different Team". As you are the owner of the White Sox now, you can trade McMahon to the Tigers. Then, switch your management back to the Tigers. You now have McMahon on your Tiger roster.
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
redsfan17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If I remember correctly, the rosters are from the start of 1968, not the end. So theoretically since he was traded in July of 68, he will not be on the Tigers. If he pitched for the Tigers in 1969, then he will be with the team then. If palli or someone else wants to confirm that this is correct?
redsfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan17 View Post
If I remember correctly, the rosters are from the start of 1968, not the end. So theoretically since he was traded in July of 68, he will not be on the Tigers. If he pitched for the Tigers in 1969, then he will be with the team then. If palli or someone else wants to confirm that this is correct?
You are absolutely correct. Player are on the team roster they started the season with. Thats the nature of (i)OOTP: it is not a strict replay but a simulation that lets you play out a season from the original start-point within a certain framework (the year or era) but with different outcomes (like injuries and trades).
Old 07-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #7
revcarte
Major Leagues

year of stats?

Then can you tell me which year are the stats based on??? Would the Tigers be playing based on 68 Stats or the year before (67)??? thanks.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:14 AM   #8
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Then can you tell me which year are the stats based on??? Would the Tigers be playing based on 68 Stats or the year before (67)??? thanks.
When you look at each player's stats, they show those stats up to the year prior to the year you are playing. So, if you played stratomatic and wanted to do a replay as defined by strat, you would have the stats from that replay year. Palli succinctly explained how ioopt works, which is different from strat world (which is fine with me, as strat's app is years away!) and this game is awesome.
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman View Post
Just switch your management temporarily from the Tigers to White Sox. You can do so at "Main Menu --> Manager --> Manager Options --> Action --> Manage Different Team". As you are the owner of the White Sox now, you can trade McMahon to the Tigers. Then, switch your management back to the Tigers. You now have McMahon on your Tiger roster.
Do you know if you turn trades on just for say this transaction if the cpu will make other (unwanted) trades for other teams while in that mode for such a short time?
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #10
redsfan17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I believe that Husky is right, the 68 Tigers would be using stats from the 67 year. Any player that "broke out" in 1968 would have their attributes changed in the 1969 season not the 1968 season. Like was said before this is not a stat replay and as such certain variables like injuries, playing time, slumps etc. can affect the outcome of the players season. Players that did well may be horrible or have a off year and players who didn't do anything can become an All-Star or begin a new career path. That's the beauty of OOTP, the ability to change what happened in the past.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
revcarte
Major Leagues

hope not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky51 View Post
Do you know if you turn trades on just for say this transaction if the cpu will make other (unwanted) trades for other teams while in that mode for such a short time?
Hope not. It did not happen for me while I was correcting the Tigers Roster.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
revcarte
Major Leagues

disappointed

Quote:
When you look at each player's stats, they show those stats up to the year prior to the year you are playing. So, if you played stratomatic and wanted to do a replay as defined by strat, you would have the stats from that replay year. Palli succinctly explained how ioopt works, which is different from strat world (which is fine with me, as strat's app is years away!) and this game is awesome.
That is a disappointment for me personally. In 68 McLain won 31 games and Gibson had a microscopic era but now I realize that my 68 replay is not based on those stats. Question??? When I play 1969 and use the Pilots, what year will those players stats be based on??? You know, guys that never played in the Majors before. I will still play the game but this is a disappointment to me.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
revcarte
Major Leagues

Strat

Quote:
Love your comment!! I am a Strat man but I have the feeling that by the time they come up with something for the Iphone or Ipad both machines will be obsolete They seem determined (or content) to live in the past.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
redsfan17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
That is a disappointment for me personally. In 68 McLain won 31 games and Gibson had a microscopic era but now I realize that my 68 replay is not based on those stats. Question??? When I play 1969 and use the Pilots, what year will those players stats be based on??? You know, guys that never played in the Majors before. I will still play the game but this is a disappointment to me.
That is a good question! I would think that they would either have random stats or will be based on potential with random current ability? Palli would have to confirm and clarify this, but I would think they would handle it in the same way they handle the 2011 minor league players who have never seen any time. Maybe they have a standard for every player and a random potential for each. It will be interesting to hear from palli to see if any of my theories are correct.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I will have to check a few details with Markus tomorrow, as it is pretty late here in Germany. I will then answere in more detail but a short answere:

Ratings in OOTP (no matter of the platform) are based on stats from the season in question and 3 past seasons (weighted). OOTP is not a strict replay game like SOM or DMB, it is a baseball simulator that sets a realistic enviroment but stuff like trades or injuries can alter the results. But e.g. the 2011 Red Sox (Ratings are based on past seasons and projections) will do pretty good most of the time but from time to time bad things will happen, just like in real life.