Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
bruckm
Minors (Single A)

How to reset seasons/stats?

Ok, I'm a little frustrated that a game that is a sim cannot elicit stats that are more realistic. I guess to get fairly accurate league stats I need to sim each season before playing it and adjust the modifiers accordingly. Had to do that with 6.0 (4 or 5 times) and while individual players could still skew wildly at least the league as a whole would be fairly consistant. I was hoping that this annoyance would not be present in this version. I don't really know why the game cannot adjust itself as a season goes along. I guess that this is really meant to be a fantasy league.

Now, is there a way in this incarnation, I can't seem to find any, to reset the league stats/records? Thinking there was, I adjusted the modifiers and simmed the rest of the season. Now, I'd like to reset and try again. I went the opposite direction, apparently, with the modifiers.

BTW the modifiers function the oposite of how they were used in 6.0, right? In 6.0 you divided results into the historical league stats to get the modifier, now you divide the historical league stats into the simmed results to get your modifier....right?

What drives the game engine for individual players as far as play by play mode is concerned? Stats? Ratings? Both? Neither? coin flip?

This game really has me befuddled. I'm just too old to understand it I guess.

Last edited by bruckm; 08-30-2007 at 10:55 PM.
bruckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
bruckm
Minors (Single A)

Play by play is completely random. There is no game engine involved when playing games out. A catcher arm of 2 just threw out an 18 and a 14 stealing with a picther hold runner of 3. Small data sample, yes...but still ****. A 2 shouldn't throw anybody out unless it's a picthout. Even then not someone over 15. Neither were acknowledged pitchouts. One was a non-swinging strike.

Last edited by bruckm; 09-01-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
cbbl
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruckm View Post
Ok, I'm a little frustrated that a game that is a sim cannot elicit stats that are more realistic. I guess to get fairly accurate league stats I need to sim each season before playing it and adjust the modifiers accordingly. Had to do that with 6.0 (4 or 5 times) and while individual players could still skew wildly at least the league as a whole would be fairly consistant. I was hoping that this annoyance would not be present in this version. I don't really know why the game cannot adjust itself as a season goes along. I guess that this is really meant to be a fantasy league.

Now, is there a way in this incarnation, I can't seem to find any, to reset the league stats/records? Thinking there was, I adjusted the modifiers and simmed the rest of the season. Now, I'd like to reset and try again. I went the opposite direction, apparently, with the modifiers.

BTW the modifiers function the oposite of how they were used in 6.0, right? In 6.0 you divided results into the historical league stats to get the modifier, now you divide the historical league stats into the simmed results to get your modifier....right?

What drives the game engine for individual players as far as play by play mode is concerned? Stats? Ratings? Both? Neither? coin flip?

This game really has me befuddled. I'm just too old to understand it I guess.
There is a reset button -- which will put the league totals back to their defaults and the modifiers back to 1.000.

If using historical modifiers, you can reload the year you've chosen.

The calcuation is historical divided by simmed. If the historical is 1,000 but your first sim yields 500, then the modifier to equalize it is 2.0 (1,000 / 500).
cbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
bruckm
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbl View Post
There is a reset button -- which will put the league totals back to their defaults and the modifiers back to 1.000.

If using historical modifiers, you can reload the year you've chosen.

The calcuation is historical divided by simmed. If the historical is 1,000 but your first sim yields 500, then the modifier to equalize it is 2.0 (1,000 / 500).
Where is the reset? What screen/menu?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
cbbl
All Star Starter

Quote:
Where is the reset? What screen/menu?
On the Strategy page:
Attached Images
Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
bruckm
Minors (Single A)

OK, that doesn't reset the league...which is what I mean. I want create a test league to norm the stats. Quick-sim a season and see how accurate the league-wide stats are and then adjust the modifiers. Then quick-sim again and see if I can get pretty close to accurate stats. To do that I need to be able to reset the entire league so I can replay the season. I DID find a "erase player/team/league history," but that did not reset the league. It was VERY easy to do this in OOTP 6.

Does that function exist in this version?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #7
spacer15415
Major Leagues

I am pretty sure you cant do it the same way as previous versions. I have looked and looked as well for that.
spacer15415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
cbbl
All Star Starter

Quote:
OK, that doesn't reset the league...which is what I mean. I want create a test league to norm the stats. Quick-sim a season and see how accurate the league-wide stats are and then adjust the modifiers. Then quick-sim again and see if I can get pretty close to accurate stats. To do that I need to be able to reset the entire league so I can replay the season. I DID find a "erase player/team/league history," but that did not reset the league. It was VERY easy to do this in OOTP 6.

Does that function exist in this version?
Oh, I see. I don't know the answer for sure, but I think it's no.

Here's what I do:
Get your league set-up the way you want it, before changing modifiers. Exit the game and copy the entire league folder to another location (I use a user-created folder called "Backup"). Restart the game and sim.

Review the stats, and, if you need to save the league, follow the procedure above (copy the league folder to another location). If not, overwrite the league folder in saved_games with the original one you saved in your backup folder. Change the modifiers, sim, repeat.