Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 04:29 AM   #1
Hyper_Chem
Minors (Single A)

Soccer style baseball

Now there's no way to do this automatically, but manually you can relagate and promote teams up and down divisions during the pre-season.

So i thought i saw something like this before, but since i can't find it i'm looking for ideas.

What if MLB was to Run like Europpean Soccer????

What i would like input on, is:

1. How many teams would there be per league? 30, 40, 50???

2. How many leagues? 4, 5, 6, 7????

3. What is the most common relagation schedule used?

any ideas? or any help finding the post which talked about this earlier?

Last edited by Hyper_Chem; 06-07-2006 at 05:41 AM.
Hyper_Chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
jps42
Bat Boy

you should buy FM 2006, it'd make you an expert on relegation!

Seriously though, your normal major league (Italy, Germany, England, Spain) will have 3 or 4 divisions. Lets take Italy as a normal example (other than the politics of promotion and relegation of course, lol) Serie A is like the Majors, and there are 20 teams. Then Serie B (like AAA), Serie C1A and C1B (like AA), Serie C2A, C2B, C2C (like A), and Serie D (like rookie ball)

The bottom 4 teams in Serie A get demoted at the end of the season to Serie B. The top 4 from Serie B go to Serie A, bottom 4 go to Serie C1A and C1B (two each). After that it gets a little more complicated. The top two from C1A and C2A each go to Serie B. The bottom three each from C1A and C1B go to Serie C2 (a, b, and c). The top 6 from C2 (2 from each C2A, C2B, and C2C go to Serie C1 (a and b), and the bottom 9 from C2 (3 each division), go to Serie D. Serie D is split into 9 regional divisions. The winner in each division goes up to Serie C2.

Its basically sort of the same in all the major divisions, with less splitting up or more splitting up of lower divisions in the other countries. In the end, each country has its own version of 4 or 5 leagues from the big leagues down to small regional teams and promotion/relegation throughout.

I hope this helps!
jps42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #3
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

This is mainly discussed HERE

Long story short, yes it is possible to an extent, but you need to manually move the teams from one league to another during the pre-season.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
UKRedsFan
Minors (Single A)

The hardest thing I've found when trying to implement this on OOTP is keeping the top players out of the reach of lower division clubs.

I had the player creation modifiers at 1.000, 0.850, 0.750, 0.700 which gave appropriate levels of ability - the top draft pick in Division 4 might have ratings of 10, 8, 11 while an average batter would have 6-7 for contact.

I then gave each league a salary cap: $90m, $60m, $40m and $25m. A star player in Division 1 would earn $16-20m, in Division 4 $3-4m. The only problem is that a poor-to-average Division 1 player can earn more by signing for a Division 4 club.

If I did it the other way, and had Division 4 players earning peanuts, you could still sign those top players and they would sign for less than the minimum Division 1 salary.

A top free-agent will not turn down a move to Division 4 because it is a poorer league, they'll simply revise their salary demands to the level of that league. Until they fix the bug with AI teams not trying to sign free agents until April 6th, it makes it too easy to sign players that are far too good for my league.

Maybe it is because I made all the divisions Major Leagues - I think it is possible to make them AAA, AA, A and still have other minor leagues affiliated to them.
UKRedsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
jps42
Bat Boy

you could kind of think of it as a "loaner" year, a common occurrence in the soccer world...when a free agent is playing a lot lower to make more money.

It kind of works out the same, as the player can re-prove or develop themselves in the lower divisions.

The only problem with this is if one signs a long-term contract on a VERY low division team....as this would never happen in either world (baseball or soccer)....unless some multi-jiliionaire decided to buy some really low division team, build a new stadium, and fill it with other big players in the hopes of promotion.

You've gotta try FM, too...thats the great thing about that world and managing.....all the promotion/relegation/money stuff.....
jps42 is offline   Reply With Quote