Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 08-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #41
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Working on a MW pack right now...a bit too much anglo-saxon lol
Catalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:44 PM   #42
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

MW pack

The MW pack is ready...being sent to Cornerwork at the moment...so it will be up soon...and I will take a lil break on Tomato Cans

Summary

United States 17
United Kingdom 9
Germany 9
Australia 8
Spain 5
Mexico 5
Italy 5
France 5
Cuba 5
Brazil 5
Argentina 5
Netherlands 4
Venezuela 3
South Africa 3
Russia 3
Puerto Rico 3
Japan 3
Ireland 3
Colombia 3
Ukraine 2
Turkey 2
Thailand 2
Sweden 2
South Korea 2
Romania 2
Portugal 2
Poland 2
Philippines 2
New Zealand 2
Lithuania 2
Jamaica 2
Hungary 2
Denmark 2
Czech Republic 2
Canada 2
Belgium 2
Bahamas 2
Zambia 1
Yugoslavia 1
Uganda 1
Senegal 1
Samoa 1
Panama 1
Palestine 1
Nicaragua 1
Nepal 1
Mongolia 1
India 1
Guyana 1
Fiji Islands 1
Djibouti 1
Croatia 1
Costa Rica 1
Cameroon 1
Burundi 1
Belize 1
Bahrain 1
Armenia 1
Old 08-28-2004, 04:13 PM   #43
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

TCs... LHW, MW, WW, FLY

I posted my four TC packs to Mark a few minutes ago. I'm sure he will let us know as soon as they will be downloadable on CW.

LHW: 50 fighters from the USA, 10 each from Canada, Russia, England, and 5 each from the following countries: Germany, France, Belgium, Georgia, Belarus, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Sweeden, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Slovenia, Poland and Italy.

MW: 50 from the USA, 20 each from England and Germany and 10 each from Canada, Scotland, Wales, France, Australia, Belgium, Italy.

WW: 50 form the USA, 15 from England, 10 each from Canada, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Switzerland and 5 each from Wales, Scotland, Italy, France and Georgia.

FLY: 40 from the USA, 10 each from Canada, England, Japan, Mexico, Cuba, and 5 each from Brazil, Thailand, China, Korea, South Korea, Russia, Algeria, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

We now have 10 TC-packs sent to CW (two LWs, two MWs and one in each of the 6 other divisions), which means 1600 tomato cans soon on the market. I have no real goal in mind but it would be fine if we could create 3 series in each division. That would give us almost 4000 tomato cans -- 480 in each division. Anyway, we will see. Meanwhile, any new contributor is more than welcome.

Pierre
Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:18 PM   #44
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

I feel like I'm about 2 days behind you guys.

I received and posted the FW pack from Catalion (does he sleep???) and the BWs from SAL.

I keep my eyes peeled for the other packs.

As always they can be found in the Fictional Fighters section on the Downloads page at Cornerwork.

Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:05 AM   #45
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Now if only patches for the game came this quickly
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:26 AM   #46
SAL
Hall Of Famer

How are you guys planning on using the tomato cans in your universe?

My thoughts was to let them build a decent record from within the TC group and then move them to the fictional group with some kind of code in the name of the fighter so that I would still know that they were a TC. Once they move to the fictional group and get pounded by the 1 thru 5 rated fighters (10 to 20 losses) then move them back to the TC group and bring in some other tomato cans with decent records.

Scot
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:54 AM   #47
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

I was planning on having the group as kind of a "call up" area... Pull in maybe ten at a time and just feed them to the real fighters. Was going to put (TC) at the end of all their names.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:13 AM   #48
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

I was planning to use then to get the real fighters to 10-0 records (or there round about) to add to the realism of my universe that I'm developing.

Right now to business...

I've added the MW pack from Catalion and the FLY, LHW, MW and WW packs from Pierre, which I believe gets me back up to date.

I;ve moved all the Tomato Cans packs from the Fictional Fighters section and placed them in their own section called Tomato Cans underneath the Fictional Fighters section.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 08-29-2004, 02:48 PM   #49
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

My fictional tomato-can shop...

I plan on using tomato cans just to help the other fighter to reach nice starting records, not necesarily the 10-0 or so...I have in mind something like giving every legit fighter -fictional or real- 5 starting bouts against tomato cans -for as long as possible, from the same nation- and once there, giving them a chance to get every new fight against a TC. Something like, 90% of fighting the 6th bout against a TC, 80% for the 7th and so on.
The more they fight against TC, the better their records, but they will climb slowly on the ranks. That's one of the reason for getting Tomato Cans from such a wide variety of nations.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:34 PM   #50
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL
How are you guys planning on using the tomato cans in your universe?

My thoughts was to let them build a decent record from within the TC group and then move them to the fictional group with some kind of code in the name of the fighter so that I would still know that they were a TC. Once they move to the fictional group and get pounded by the 1 thru 5 rated fighters (10 to 20 losses) then move them back to the TC group and bring in some other tomato cans with decent records.
That's a very interesting idea, Scot. If you're going to do something like that, I would like to get some news from your universe from time to time.

As for me, while I will take a decision on how my fictional universe will be built only in November (I really concentrate on creating fighters until then -- that's my current *game* ) it's already 100% sure that TCs will play an important role. There will be, at the very least, twice as much TCs as I will have legitimate rated fighters in it. If there are (say) 800 fighters in my universe, more than 500 of them will be TCs. In real life boxing, there's about 8000 TCs for 800 decent fighters, so I really won't feel bad because 67% of my pool will be made of organic punching bags...

Pierre

Last edited by Montreal; 08-29-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #51
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedwarf
I was planning on having the group as kind of a "call up" area... Pull in maybe ten at a time and just feed them to the real fighters. Was going to put (TC) at the end of all their names.
Bonedwarf... I seem to remember that there's a problem with parentheses when used in the name location (game crash -- or frozen sreen?). Anyway, when needed I now use the - . Like in Bob Cervas-tc. Or I use the note in the nickname spot. Or in the Bio section if the note is more than a word or two. Well, be cautious with parentheses!

Pierre
Old 08-29-2004, 07:03 PM   #52
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Quote:
I plan on using tomato cans just to help the other fighter to reach nice starting records, not necesarily the 10-0 or so...I have in mind something like giving every legit fighter -fictional or real- 5 starting bouts against tomato cans -for as long as possible, from the same nation- and once there, giving them a chance to get every new fight against a TC. Something like, 90% of fighting the 6th bout against a TC, 80% for the 7th and so on.
Great idea Catalion, I might steal that for my universe. My original thought was just to sim 10 fights against the TC group but this will vary the rate a bit. Nice!

Mark
Old 08-29-2004, 07:12 PM   #53
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Thanks for the tip Montreal. The nickname idea is a very smart one. I think that's the best way to do it.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:22 PM   #54
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmoke
Great idea Catalion, I might steal that for my universe. My original thought was just to sim 10 fights against the TC group but this will vary the rate a bit. Nice!

Mark
Expanding my original idea a bit more...Once the legit fighters they reach a solid status, call it 15-0 or something like that, there should always be a chance for them fighting no-one tomato cans. Looking at boxrec you find it to happen quite frequently. And then, once a fighter loses a bout, unless he gets a rematch, eating a can of tomato soup helps them to recover. And TC they can provide as well nice fillers for fight cards, then helping some of them to reach nice records with a couple of wins or so...things like 2-18-1 and the like
Old 08-29-2004, 09:29 PM   #55
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

I was planning on having something like two divisions. Pick 16 random TC's, let them battle it out. The "winner" gets a prize. The prize being the fact they get fed to the fighters in the main division. I'm HOPING a TC will win a few in the main division just so he'll appear to be a complete hero
Old 08-29-2004, 10:29 PM   #56
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Just sent my second TC pack of bantams to Gunsmoke and I'll begin work on a third pack of bantams. The second pack includes fighters from:
Norway,France,Japan,Korea,China,Georgia,Sweden,Ice land,Ukraine,Vietnam,
Denmark,Lithuania,Faeroe Islands,Lativa,Estonia,Finland,Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
Just a note on Kazakhstan, in the games nationality screen it is spelled without the (h) and in the flags folder it is spelled with the (h) so if you want the flag to show up you need to change either the flags name or add the "h" to Kazakstan in the nationality screen. I spelled it with the "h" on the fighters in the zip.

Scot

Last edited by SAL; 08-29-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:44 PM   #57
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Thanks everyone for the feedback on how you plan to use the Tomato Cans.
Alot of great ideas out there and it will cause me to change my plans a little bit. Pierre, I hope to make a web site dedicated to my fictional universe so anybody that is interested can check it out and see what is happening at the Eagles Nest Gym whenever they feel like it.

Scot
Old 08-30-2004, 04:48 AM   #58
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

SAL's second pack of BW Tomato Cans is now available on the Tomato Cans section on the Downloads page of Cornerwork.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 08-31-2004, 09:21 AM   #59
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Flyweight TC by Catalion

160 flyweights, trying to complete the review of Countries did by Montreal...so no fighters from the UK or USA this time...

Here goes the summary

Philippines 11
Nicaragua 8
South Africa 8
Puerto Rico 7
Indonesia 6
Thailand 6
Ghana 5
Argentina 4
Australia 4
Cameroon 4
Colombia 4
Dominican Republic 4
Venezuela 4
Japan 4
Azerbaijan 3
Egypt 3
Kenya 3
Panama 3
Senegal 3
Armenia 2
Belgium 2
Bulgaria 2
Burundi 2
Denmark 2
El Salvador 2
Finland 2
Honduras 2
Kazakhstan 2
Mongolia 2
Morocco 2
Netherlands 2
New Zealand 2
Nigeria 2
North Korea 2
Peru 2
Romania 2
Sweden 2
Uganda 2
Brazil 2
South Korea 2
Cuba 2
Afghanistan 1
Bahrain 1
Bangla Desh 1
Bermuda 1
Costa Rica 1
Croatia 1
Eritrea 1
Georgia 1
Greece 1
Guatemala 1
Guyana 1
Iraq 1
Israel 1
Luxembourg 1
Nepal 1
Paraguay 1
Saudi Arabia 1
Seychelles 1
Uruguay 1
Yugoslavia 1
Germany 1
Spain 1
Old 09-01-2004, 05:21 AM   #60
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

I've posted Catalion's pack of Flyweight Tomato Cans to Cornerwork in the Tomato Cans section on the Downloads page.

Cheers,
Mark