Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Congratulations on the release of FHM2

I must admit I was fairly skeptical about FHM2. I was planing on waiting a while before buying and seeing the reviews but I was very humbled to receive a Steam Code from Matt (penfold75) this morning.

FHM2 isn't just a new version of Franchise Hockey Manager it's a complete overhaul and I am blown away. The game is so much better to play and I must admit I am loving it. This is how I imagine a Hockey Management game to be and I know now that it will only get better in the capable hands of OOTP.

Well done to the Sebastian, Malte, Jeff, Cole and anyone else who worked on the game. You can be really proud of FHM2

ps. Cole and Jeff, Matt told me in no uncertain terms that I better write a Steam review so it has been done already lol

Last edited by Mickeyb37; 09-29-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #2
Penfold75
Major Leagues

The pleasure was all mine Mike. I have been gobsmacked by the support I have received from many members of this forum over the last few months and for me that has been very humbling. But for a guy that I have only known for maybe a year(?) through this forum and Clan games to have been phoning my wife and myself to see if we needed anything while I have been unwell, visiting me in the hospital and being a good friend that is worth way more than about £20. It is a debt I will struggle to repay.

Mario Lemieux - "Every day is a great day for hockey."
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Cod
All Star Reserve

This is what this community is all about! I just wish I would've been an active part sooner. Cheers to both of you!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:28 AM   #4
Penfold75
Major Leagues

This is a brilliant community. There is a bunch of great guys on here and in the baseball forum. Everyone is very passionate about their game whether it is baseball or hockey and about gaming. People share their views, disagree, things can get heated but it always remains a great community.

Also OOTP have a great group of guys working on their games and they are committed to making the games as good as they can be. The support for the games with patches and fixes is second to none. I was never a big baseball fan but I bought OOTPB while I was waiting for FHM2 and I was totally impressed. It took over from my other gaming obsession Football Manager as my favourite sports management game. OOTP also ask the community members what they want to see added to their games and with collaboration like that their games can and will only get better.

Mario Lemieux - "Every day is a great day for hockey."

Last edited by Penfold75; 09-30-2015 at 06:35 AM.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:19 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thank you for the kind words guys. This really means a lot to us!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:56 AM   #6
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

It's not my intention to hijack this 'feel-good' thread - but - IMO, I feel the need to compare the early versions of OOTP with Baseball Mogul. In the very beginning, most of my playing time was consumed with playing BM. However, by the fourth and fifth editions, the scales started to significantly shift towards OOTP.

Years later, I've bought so many more versions of OOTP (than BM), that I'm utterly shocked at how some people perceive the longevity of FHM. The bottom line is that Markus, Sebastien, Malte and Jeff (and others!) have identified a bonafide weakness in the sports simulation market and their plan is to create and support an amazing product in the hockey genre.

I could care less about the fanboys and the haters of this amazing game - this community is too strong! This community propelled OOTP to the very top of the baseball sim world, and hockey will be next. My real concern lies with the issue that OOTP is developing a football game, and I absolutely hate American football!

Last edited by Bigby Wolf; 10-02-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Bigby Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:15 AM   #7
boilermaker
All Star Starter

Nice work, guys. First thing I did when I bought my copy of FHM2 is mess around with all the modes to see where the limitations were and I can see the game is definitely blossoming.
boilermaker is offline   Reply With Quote