Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Players for picks?

Is anyone else finding it impossible to trade a player for just a pick in return, even a lowly 7th rounder? I keep getting the message that "we can't remove so much money from our payroll", even when the trade meets a weakness and my scout rates the chances of the other team going for it as very likely?
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
Is anyone else finding it impossible to trade a player for just a pick in return, even a lowly 7th rounder? I keep getting the message that "we can't remove so much money from our payroll", even when the trade meets a weakness and my scout rates the chances of the other team going for it as very likely?
There is a cap floor in NHL. If the trade is made, will the team giving the player fall below it?
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
There is a cap floor in NHL. If the trade is made, will the team giving the player fall below it?
Having this issue too and there would be no problems with salary floor issues

Picks are almost never included in trades from what I see, unless it's 2 or 3 players plus a late rounder
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:43 PM   #4
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
Nope, I'm offering them a player in return for a draft pick rather than vice versa. They have plenty of cap room and still won't accept what is considered a 'very likely offer'.

This is happening with literally every team every time I try to trade a player for a draft pick, which unfortunately is a bit of a game breaker for me at this point
Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Please post a bug report and our developers can take a look at this and try to resolve it ASAP.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:51 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Just want to mention, I've seen trades between AI teams that involved a player for a pick.

Haven't tried as human though.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
Duranium
All Star Starter

During the beta phase i often did deals sending players away for picks - not every offer, understandably, was accepted but it´s definetly doable.

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 PM   #8
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Please post a bug report and our developers can take a look at this and try to resolve it ASAP.
Maybe I spoke too soon then, based on others saying they are able to push these through!
Old 10-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #9
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Well, I reported this in the bug forum and have yet to hear anything back...

In the meantime, I'm definitely becoming more of the opinion that this is some sort of issue with the trade AI. If I offer a player from my roster for a pick or a player with a lower wage then the trade is literally always refused for the reasons I previously stated above. But if said player is on a 2-way contract and sent down to the minors by me then the trade happens and the objection disappears.

This is regardless of the cap space available to the team I am trading with or the relative (often minimal) difference in the salaries.

So, for example, I've just gone through the trade block and decided I like the look of Nicholas Deslauriers from Buffalo and I'm gonna trade Matty Puempel for him from my expansion team. Buffalo's payroll is currently $59.8m and the relative difference of the two players is as follows:

Matty Puempel 3* ability, 3.5* potential, salary 1.27m

Nicolas Deslauriers 3* ability, 3* potential, salary 0.89m

So a difference of around $400,000 dollars, for a player that is listed on the trade block by the AI for one that has a .5 better potential rating from myself. It's well within Buffalo's available cap space and a good deal for them all round. My scout rates the trade as very likely but it still gets refused on the grounds that Buffalo "can't remove so much money" from their payroll.

Yet if I send Puempel, who I put on a 2-way contract, down to my AHL side and try the trade again it promptly gets accepted by the AI
Old 10-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
Well, I reported this in the bug forum and have yet to hear anything back...
I just want to clarify, since I have heard a few different people mention something to this effect. One shouldn't expect that every post in the bug report thread gets a detailed response, explanation, or even at times, an acknowledgement. The developers do see them though and prioritize them and work through things as they can.

I just wanted to give a heads up that even if you don't hear back something, it doesn't mean your concern wasn't heard. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:47 AM   #11
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

No problem. I wasn't having a moan about it, just letting you know I'd reported the issue and had come up with a little more info.

In general I'm loving the game, especially the expansion aspect, so aside from this trading issue FHM2 gets a big thumbs up from me so far
Old 10-02-2015, 06:06 AM   #12
glacius
Bat Boy

I have no problem dealing players for picks in the month of july after that is a lot more harder but in july i tested and got a 3rd rounder for a 31 Shattenkirk at 7.5 mil salary in his last year , seems the AI is more flexible to deals in that month.
glacius is offline   Reply With Quote