Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
JWay
Hall Of Famer

The Association - A Fictional Online League

Quote:
Full League Name (Initials): "The Association" Baseball Clubs of America Association (BCAA)
Main URL: The Association - Index
Reports URL: BNN Home Page
Boards URL: http://www.associationbaseball.com/forum
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): DCHepler25 & JWay
Email Address: jordwindy@gmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTP15
Game Needed: Yes
Players: Fictional
# of Teams: 18
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 8 AM
League Time Per Sim: 7 - (Schedule posted in forums)
First Season: 2014
Latest Season: 2014
Special Rules & Settings: See below.
Currently Available Teams: Many, we're brand new!
Read through the introduction below, and if you're ready to join, get started here.

THE INTRODUCTION
The Baseball Clubs of America Association (The Association for short) is an online simulated baseball league. Out of the Park Baseball 15 and future game versions are the engine running the Association. The Association was created to be an environment where up to 18 people can get along and play some fictional baseball. The Association has the following goals for owners: (1) to have fun, (2) to be competitive and (3) to be involved. If you're motivations align with these goals, then this is the place for you.

THE SETUP
The Association's 18 teams are contained in one sub-league divided into three equal divisions. The division winners and top three wildcards will make the custom playoffs. Expansion can happen provided the interest level exists. The inaugural draft will take place in Getch's OOTP:OU tool and a minimum of ten rounds will be completed. In-game play will begin after the first major patch for OOTP15 is released (typically one or two weeks after the game is released). We will delay the start of in-game play if we have not completed the promised ten rounds of the inauguaral draft. If we complete more than ten rounds, then wonderful! Owners are encouraged to setup draft lists via the OOTP:OU utility for all rounds (1-100). Please keep this in mind as you use the tool.

THE PLAYER RATINGS
In the Association Scouting and Coaching are turned off. The Association will use the 2 to 8 scale for all player ratings except the overall ratings where stars will be used. OOTP15 includes a new feature where player ratings are displayed according to a selected level of play (major league/AAA/AA etc.). Instead of seeing values based on the 1-250 internal scale, owners will see how players compare to the average player. Using the 2-8 scale, a 5 is considered average for the selected level and each numeric grade above or below represents a full standard deviation better/worse than the average. The major league level will be the default basis used in the Association. The overall Star ratings are based on AI evaluation (30/40/20/10), not on pure ratings.

THE PLAYER SETTINGS
Injuries are set to Normal (OOTP Classic). Suspensions are on, set to average. Player morale and personalities are on. Batter and Pitcher aging speeds are set to .800, while development is set to 1.000 (default). Talent change randomness is default (100). The league file was simulated twenty years, then the history and stats were erased. This has been proven to help stabilize the file for longevity.

THE TEAM SETTINGS
Each owner will be allowed to create their team and stadium from scratch. We are asking owners refrain from using real city/nickname/logo combinations. It's a fictional league, be creative. Invent a city. Stadiums must also be within reason - 0.900 to 1.100 park factors. Association officials reserve the right to reject any silliness, profane names, etc.

THE FINANCIALS
While finances are technically on, the Association is altering how they work. Money is not the main factor in the Association (or in OOTP in general depending who you ask). The minimum and average player salaries are set at $1 million dollars and each team will have a $45 million salary cap. A player's contract length is the main factor in the Association. Owners will be given 30 contract years to distribute among the players they select in the first ten rounds of the inaugural draft. All other players will receive OOTP generated deals.

THE FREE AGENCY SYSTEM
The free agency system in the Association is different from that of MLB. The system consists of three items for owners to participate in - extending player contracts, voting for "greedy" players, and the free agent draft. All three occur at different times of the season and are explained in more detail below.

Extending Player Contracts
During the season, owners may re-sign up to five of their potential free agents. Owners have a pool of 10 contract years to allocate to those players, but no player may receive longer than a 6-year extension. All other potential free agents will test the market after the Association Series.

Greedy Player Voting
Each year 10 "greedy" players will elect to become free agents as the result of an owner vote. Voting will begin after the Opening Day sim and will end one real-life week later. Voting will take place on the forum. Only players listed on the Upcoming Free Agents report are eligible. All teams losing a player due to the Greedy Player Vote will receive a sandwich pick between rounds 1 and 2 of the free agent draft. The team with the player receiving the most votes will be awarded the first sandwich pick and so on. No team may lose more than 2 players each year.

Free Agent Drafting
In the off-season, free agents will be dispersed by a draft. The order for the draft will be randomly generated three years out. In addition to all free agents, the draft pool will include 36 International Amateur Free Agents (16-18 years old). This allows teams to draft major league ready talent or bolster their minor league system with the youth of the world. After the free agent draft, each team will get a pool of 15 years to allocate to their newly acquired free agents. The 6-year per player maximum contract applies. Teams selecting more than two international amateur free agents will have their pool reduced by 3 years per player selected after the first two.

All other free agent deals (signed after draft completion and during the regular season) are free reign and completed in game. These players may also receive contracts above the $1,000,000 standard.

THE AMATEUR DRAFT
The Amateur Draft will be 7 rounds, occur during the regular season and be completed using the OOTP:OU utility.

THE OTHER SETTINGS
TL : DR
Minimum Service Years for Free Agency: 6 years
Minimum Service Years for Minor League FA: 6 years
Arbitration: off
Maximum Potential Free Agents re-signed each year: 5 per team
Players refusing to sign extensions and opting to test the market each year: 10 total Association wide.
Salary Cap: $45,000,000
Standard Contract: $1,000,000 per year - this includes those signed via extension, free agent draft, rookie call-up, and the inaugural draft

THE STAT SETTINGS
League totals and player creation will be based on the 2013 MLB season. Random events are turned off.

THE TRADING
Pretty much anything is eligible to be traded. Draft picks, contract years, whatever. If it holds value, trade it.

THE PARTICIPATION EXPECTATIONS
Semi-frequent exports, participation in drafts, votes, and otherwise are required. Abstaining is acceptable. We're busy people who live busy lives. Playing in a year round, year to year game means you may be unavailable from time-to-time. It's okay. Just stay in touch. If you feel like you must leave the league, please let us know, abandoning teams is uncool.

Last edited by JWay; 04-19-2014 at 12:12 AM.
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
JWay
Hall Of Famer

We're live and brand new and ready for OOTP15, are you?

I'd also love to mention that we're very friendly to those who are new to the online side of leagues. We will take the time to help you get adjusted. Just ask for help!

Last edited by JWay; 04-18-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
trident
All Star Reserve

There's a typo in your forum link .. I found it later on at The Association - Index .. cheers
Old 04-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #4
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post
There's a typo in your forum link .. I found it later on at The Association - Index .. cheers
Fixed it, you rock!
Old 04-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #5
JWay
Hall Of Famer

So while I'm not very good at PbP or Color commentary, I'm going to attempt to do both. I made a copy of the file David created, and in this alternate universe I created three teams and took players from the draft pool to fill each team. There's going to be a six game exhibition to highlight some of the league's best talent. Any injuries or what not won't carry back over, it's just for fun. Feel free to watch, (I know its late), but also know that I will put the VODs on youtube tomorrow or something in case you want to catch up.

http://www.twitch.tv/jordwindy/c/4092258 Finished tonight's showcase, tune back in for more tomorrow!

Also, be aware that these types of casts will be happening throughout the season, especially come championship time and prior. Anyone interested in helping me along with these casts should contact me.

Last edited by JWay; 04-19-2014 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
DCHepler25
All Star Starter

Hey David Here - I'm co-commissioner of the Association with JWay. I know we are handling things a bit differently than your average online league, but the goal is to make things more challenging. If you want a different online experience and new challenge, then head over to our forum and get registered.

Teams are going fast as we are already 1/3 filled!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Just over half way there, check it out!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

I did all the steps.
baseballonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #9
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballonly View Post
I did all the steps.
Fantastic! We're very close to full.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #10
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Just an update, we're sitting with five spots of our original eighteen being available. Happy OOTP15 public release day!

If you are interested in joining our online league please visit: The Association - Index
Old 04-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #11
veggieslave
Bat Boy

If you still have an opening, I am interested. I think we played together in CBU.
veggieslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #12
JWay
Hall Of Famer

PM sent! And we have a couple more, once we're full, let the drafting begin! Sign up today!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #13
Afino
Hall Of Famer

You have the chance to play against me - you won't regret it!

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:19 PM   #14
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Looks like we have about two spots to go before we can get started, you know you want in!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #15
DCHepler25
All Star Starter

Only a few remaining teams then it's time for the inaugural draft. Get in on the ground floor!
Old 04-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #16
Ambrodel
Bat Boy

I am interested. I am on step 2.
Ambrodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #17
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
I am interested. I am on step 2.
And with Ambrodel we have one (maybe two, still waiting on confirmation) spots available, first come first serve!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
spliffs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Long time active OOTP-er and currently in several long withstanding online leagues, just upgraded to 15 and looking for a new fictional league like this to join! If that last spot is still open, then I'm your guy!
email tgpmusik@gmail.com

Just registered on your forums as well ~

Last edited by spliffs; 04-22-2014 at 05:58 PM.
spliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #19
JWay
Hall Of Famer

We are full, thank you everyone for your interest!
Old 04-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #20
Lumpy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

figures I waited too long to look at other leagues.. PM me if any openings arise.....
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote