Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Historical Leagues

Full Minor Leagues Teams so Historical Lineups and Transactions can work like in real life because I have problem with Injures/Free Agency turned on Reserve Rosters don't stay full and sometimes I have to fill back up Roster because it's says Computer Team illegual Roster?
Also if I change League Settings like to 6 Man Rotation every year it goes back to 5.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Also if I change League Settings like to 6 Man Rotation every year it goes back to 5.
Unclick the option for league settings. I use a 4 man rotation in a 2012 league with 1982 settings. I'll take a screen shot if you don't know which screen I mean. You will have to update financials every January 1st though.
Also others like LGO and Spritz have already talked about how difficult it would be to have accurate minors prior to say 1950 or so when teams had
3-4 AA teams.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Usly 2012 and beyond Settings for like how many in Rotation if you change it usly stays but for Historical Leagues no I see and yes I can add Minor Leagues Teams for a Historical League manually but then would have rename all Teams and for my Team the Computer just release people even people were just aquired in a historical transaction and not send to the Minors when Injured person comes back or even when have to add fictional people to Rosters
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if what you are asking is even possible when using historical transactions. The rosters for the most part are made up of the players each team used in the year you are in. Sure, if you turn off retire according to history and the have players miss seasons according to history, you will have some extra players stick around, but for the most part these players will be guys that either retired in real life or got released. The financial system is turned off when using historical transactions, so again, the only players you should be losing to free agency are the ones that the actual team lost that year.

As for the 6 man rotation thing. You must have the box checked for "change strategy according to history." The game is simply doing what you told it to do.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Okay I have Free-Agency turned on but my Reserve Roster or triple-A team is empty and other Teams has people on theirs. Jose Meloan from Indians via Trade 7-2-2009 but on 7-3 they release him and my team should have just sent him or somebody else to the Triple-A or Reserve Roster. I has also losted like Carl Cawford to FA and shouldn't have because Boston got him and then Dodgers got him last year.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Okay I have Free-Agency turned on but my Reserve Roster or triple-A team is empty and other Teams has people on theirs. Jose Meloan from Indians via Trade 7-2-2009 but on 7-3 they release him and my team should have just sent him or somebody else to the Triple-A or Reserve Roster. I has also losted like Carl Cawford to FA and shouldn't have because Boston got him and then Dodgers got him last year.
Well, if you are using real tranactions(historical transactions) Crawford will go to the Red Sox via free agency, because that's what happened in real life. Not sure how he could end up with the Dodgers unless Markus and Co can program the future.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

No I have people on the Market from the Rays who shouldn't be meaning the Computer cut them for no reason and I would like to see Player Transaction News also for 2012 and beyond.

Another problem is people Retiring like Matt Garza before he was to be Traded to the Cubs.

Laheman's Database for 2012 is out that won't help with 2012 Transactions because can't load League.

Last edited by mgom27; 02-19-2013 at 09:29 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Did Garza suffer a severe injury? I seriously doubt that he just up and quit in his prime.

The game OOTP13 was released prior to the 2012 season. How can it possibly have "real transactions" post 2011?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

It doesn't but Laehman's 2012 Database is ready for it.