Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 08-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #261
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwyant32 View Post
Having tons of trouble with the LiveSim module. I've tried everything and the utility is not picking up any games. I've put logs into the cgi-bin/OOTPOU/liveSim/100 folder, I've uploaded game logs to the lgreports2 subfolder I created (because I use mysql for reports), I've tried it all. Anyone know any tricks or have detailed instructions on how to set this up?
Yeah, the Live Sim broke during the upgrade to OOTP 14. I actually have it fixed for my league, but will release a formal patch in the coming days with some additional fixes. Namely, I'm going to take a stab at a quick-fix to reduce the development memory some, in the hopes it resolves some league's issues with that. If it doesn't, I'll have to do a rewrite which I would not enjoy at all.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #262
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmb View Post
I can't seem to get the HTML development links to generate. The browser just times out. The generate development step, which I run first, finishes successfully. Any suggestions?
Actually, this probably isn't a memory issue, as updating the dev links is not memory intensive at all, just time intensive. If a process takes over 5 minutes, you'll get a time out from the browser (webservers usually default to 5 minutes, but some differ). However, in many cases the process is still running on the server past the 5 minutes and will complete normally, even though you don't see it saying so in your browser.

Basically, you likely will see development links on all or most of your HTML files, and can safely ignore the error.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #263
Recte44
Global Moderator

Could we add the Rule 5 Draft to OOTPOU?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #264
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Could we add the Rule 5 Draft to OOTPOU?
Does OOTP allow it to be imported? Would be a lot of work, honestly, it's completely different than the normal draft.

Also, FYI, updates are being delayed since the server I do work on for some reason isn't letting me SSH to it anymore. Trying to get it sorted out, but I can't work on OU until it is fixed
Old 09-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #265
Getch
All Star Reserve

Version 6.0.4 Released! Sorry it took some time, took a while to be able to get into my server. As usual, just unzip the file OOTPOU.zip into your cg-bin directory.

Patch notes:

- Fixed the Live Sim feature
- Fixed the Development Links
- Significantly reduced the amount of memory required by the Development and Last Sim utilities
- Fixed the VORP columns on the Allstar, Awards, HoF and Stats utilities
- Added the WAR column to the Allstar, Awards, HoF and Stats utilities
- Added an Auto Complete button to the draft, that will automatically complete the rest of the draft (using GM's draft lists, if possible)
- Fixed the icons in the Draft Admin screen in certain setups of OU
- Added CG and SO to the Stats utility

For those leagues that were hitting the memory limit on the Dev/Last Sim utility, let me know if this fixes the issue or if you still see problems. In my tests, it looked as if memory usage was reduced by ~60%.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #266
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Version 6.0.4 Released! Sorry it took some time, took a while to be able to get into my server. As usual, just unzip the file OOTPOU.zip into your cg-bin directory.

Patch notes:

- Significantly reduced the amount of memory required by the Development and Last Sim utilities
- Added an Auto Complete button to the draft, that will automatically complete the rest of the draft (using GM's draft lists, if possible)

For those leagues that were hitting the memory limit on the Dev/Last Sim utility, let me know if this fixes the issue or if you still see problems. In my tests, it looked as if memory usage was reduced by ~60%.

Awesome got my development reports to work. One thing I noticed is that in the read me text the links from exports on done don't pull up....
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #267
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Online Utilities (OU) for OOTP 13

Quote:

Patch notes:

I'm in middle of a draft in ootpou but I'd love to update to latest version is it wise to upgrade now? Wanna use that auto complete feature on Thursday . I know to backup both dir but what's the chances it could mess out current draft

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #268
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadeathdealer View Post
I'm in middle of a draft in ootpou but I'd love to update to latest version is it wise to upgrade now? Wanna use that auto complete feature on Thursday . I know to backup both dir but what's the chances it could mess out current draft

Shouldn't mess with the draft, but to be safe, just upgrade once the draft is complete and you need to auto the rest.

Backup the picks.txt file, of course
Old 09-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #269
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Online Utilities (OU) for OOTP 13

Quote:
Shouldn't mess with the draft, but to be safe, just upgrade once the draft is complete and you need to auto the rest.

Backup the picks.txt file, of course
Ok thanks

Leagues

OOTP

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

DDSCF

Old 09-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #270
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

The Development reports aren't working properly for our league. Only Speed and Position changes are showing up. I just upgraded to the latest version and double-checked that I was importing the correct CSV files. Any ideas???

Development - Choose Team
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #271
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
The Development reports aren't working properly for our league. Only Speed and Position changes are showing up. I just upgraded to the latest version and double-checked that I was importing the correct CSV files. Any ideas???

Development - Choose Team
If you click on a player in OU, you will see all their ratings/talents as 0. What likely is happening is that you set your CSV's to export using a scout or no values, so all their values are 0. Go into OOTP Setup screen, and look at the CSV export settings. Somewhere down in the list is a setting that toggles whether you export the true ratings, OSA ratings, or a scout's ratings. Make sure it is set to true ratings.

Note that if this is the issue, every single player will show development from 0 -> current value when you run development next, which may be ugly. I suggest prior to running development, you delete the OOTPOU/development/prevRatings.txt file so it recreates a new baseline and doesn't create a massive amount of 0 -> <value> development.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #272
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

question

when u upgrade to a new version it does wipe out the users correct like the passwords and such ? cant remember i dont upgrade enough to remember. I thought it did and if it does what can i save to keep the manager passwords and profiles from going to defualt. thanks

Leagues

OOTP

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

DDSCF

Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #273
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Nm

Last edited by MBarrett; 09-12-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: NM
Old 09-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #274
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadeathdealer View Post
when u upgrade to a new version it does wipe out the users correct like the passwords and such ? cant remember i dont upgrade enough to remember. I thought it did and if it does what can i save to keep the manager passwords and profiles from going to defualt. thanks
Nothing is overwritten.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #275
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If you click on a player in OU, you will see all their ratings/talents as 0. What likely is happening is that you set your CSV's to export using a scout or no values, so all their values are 0. Go into OOTP Setup screen, and look at the CSV export settings. Somewhere down in the list is a setting that toggles whether you export the true ratings, OSA ratings, or a scout's ratings. Make sure it is set to true ratings.

Note that if this is the issue, every single player will show development from 0 -> current value when you run development next, which may be ugly. I suggest prior to running development, you delete the OOTPOU/development/prevRatings.txt file so it recreates a new baseline and doesn't create a massive amount of 0 -> <value> development.
Didn't work. Selected "Show real player ratings" in the Configure data export to CSV files section like you instructed, deleted the file you suggested, still only showing speed and position changes.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #276
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

How do you get rid of weird letters showing up in the utility when players have accents on their name?
Old 09-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #277
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Nevermind found it
Old 09-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #278
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
Didn't work. Selected "Show real player ratings" in the Configure data export to CSV files section like you instructed, deleted the file you suggested, still only showing speed and position changes.
I see ratings for the players now, but it looks like you deleted all development?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #279
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Any chance we can get the readme updated because I have never used the last sim feature or live sim feature because I'm unsure where to plug them in at...Currently this is how it looks
Attached Images
Old 09-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #280
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I see ratings for the players now, but it looks like you deleted all development?
Yes, I re-installed the Utilities and started over. It looks to me like everything is installed properly but now we're not getting any results on the Development tab. Do we just need to wait until the next sim, as the last one provided the base line?

Last edited by MBarrett; 09-17-2013 at 12:08 PM.