Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
cbbl
All Star Starter

Question about Act As and Human Managers

I'm trying to play "God" mode (or perhaps more accurately "Demonic Possession" mode) ... where the AI manages the day-to-day of the team (all aspects of GM and Manager) unless I choose to "possess" that team and take control for a while.

Can this be done?

I've tried being unemployed, and using the "Act As", but this doesn't seem to allow me to see the Scouting reports for that team.

I'm considering creating multiple human managers, but wonder if this trick will work (if the AI will do anything when that human manager isn't selected). I don't want to keep taking over as GM hiring and firing myself as I go.

Thoughts?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

League Setup - League Settings - Functions

Centre Column, 2nd from bottom - set all teams to be controlled by you.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #3
cbbl
All Star Starter

Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm trying to do. That function tells the AI to do absolutely nothing. I want the AI to do everything, unless I step in to take over.

I'm going to experiment by creating human managers for every team, then setting the managerial control to the Assistant GM for each of them, unless I "become" that person. Let's see how it works out.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #4
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Isn't this what Commissioner Mode allows you to do? Just swoop in and make whatever changes or transactions you want? (Maybe I don't understand Commissioner Mode. I always get attached to a particular team and wind up managing their games 1 by 1...)
Gruber_Tagged_Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:22 AM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbl View Post
Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm trying to do. That function tells the AI to do absolutely nothing. I want the AI to do everything, unless I step in to take over.

I'm going to experiment by creating human managers for every team, then setting the managerial control to the Assistant GM for each of them, unless I "become" that person. Let's see how it works out.
Well yes it is. You are now in charge of every team. Go into your managers office and assign the duties you want to your manager and assistant GM for each team. They will then run the team unless you step in.

You could create human managers and do that also, same thing basically, this way just saves the step of creating all the humans.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 09-10-2019 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:25 AM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber_Tagged_Him View Post
Isn't this what Commissioner Mode allows you to do? Just swoop in and make whatever changes or transactions you want? (Maybe I don't understand Commissioner Mode. I always get attached to a particular team and wind up managing their games 1 by 1...)
Not what Commish mode does. You can go into Commish mode, make changes, then leave the team. As soon as you're not acting as anymore, the AI will change things back to the way it wants them.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you may need to create 30 human managers, then delegate most duties to the AI -- you will be limited to those settings in manager's office, but might get you there.

that way, when you act as one, it will keep doing what you say after you leave to make changes on another team as opposed to reverting to AI control.

if the league setting function to control all teams also provides the delegation options in "manager's office", then that works better... but i don't think you can change those settings in that context.

also, don't ever use the 'prevent ai from roster changes" it will cause more problems than it solves, lol.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote