Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #61
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
How is your home network setup? Cable/Fios Modem and Router as 2 individual pieces or 1 mode/router combo deal?

If its to pieces you can plug directly into the modem and bypass intnerla network and pull a real routable IP address.

If not you have to eliminate your computer setup from the equation. Only way is a different drive with a fresh install of Windows 10. Updated drives then immediately install OOTP and try to activate it.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:01 PM   #62
eldur00
All Star Reserve

If you try rebooting the computer in MSCONFIG mode and only select the Microsoft services to be active at boot, can you run the game ?
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #63
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Tried to activate again from home. When I tried to activate off line, I get a message that my activation code is not valid. Do I need to get a new code?
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:47 PM   #64
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

okay, closing programs may not be enough.

ctrl-ald-del and go to the "details" tab, if win 10... or 'processes' for win 7.

right click and end task-win10 or end process-win7 for anythign that resembles your AV software or anythign else. sort by the name column. if unsure, don't end it... worst that happesn is your pc crashes and you restart computer, lol.

heck, you can even end 'explorer' and it will re-load. don't be worried about this task at all. you won't break a thing.

if it's working in safe mode, that means it's your computer for sure. safemode is a reduced operating system. not everything gets loaded when you run in safe mode.

def. set 'run as admin' for ootp20.exe. right click and go to properties... little different for win7 and win10 etc.. but it is there somewhere.

also, may want to lower UAC. just type user access control in search bar (click the windows start button then just start typing in win 10)

if you know what you are doing with pc's or jsut don't use it for really shady stuff, go ahead and drop UAC as low as it goes. this will prevent prgrams from communicating over internet and such... another strongn possible source of your problem.

there's definitely a system process or a program that is preventing you from completing or retaining a valid license.

at work is a no-no. those servers are not conducive to this sort of task. way too many possible causes there and they really don't like people using their networks for personal stuff, in general... fireable offenses and such...
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #65
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
What are you talking about? A person that really wants to solve a problem takes the initiative to solve said problem. Obviously, He doesn't want to do that. He has been given many different reasons why this problem is happening. He does as little if anything, as possible.
If it was happening to me, I would have solved this problem years ago, so it doesn't keep happening every year. He chooses not to do anything, but complain.
What new advice can you give him, that hasn't been said 100 times?
You are a better man than me.

Take care.
Then stop replying.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #66
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

I THINK I'm good now. The weirdness I've identified is OOTP 19 works just fine on my wifi at work, OOTP 20 wants nothing to do with it. The game is running and licensed in OOTP 20 but the minute I get to work, it doesn't see the license. Just strange.

Thanks to Lukas and Markus for dealing with my BS, I was frustrated and am usually good at troubleshooting issues.

Is anyone aware of any changes between 19 and 20 with the licensing of the game? As stated above, 19 works fine, 20 not at all.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:58 AM   #67
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
I THINK I'm good now. The weirdness I've identified is OOTP 19 works just fine on my wifi at work, OOTP 20 wants nothing to do with it. The game is running and licensed in OOTP 20 but the minute I get to work, it doesn't see the license. Just strange.

Thanks to Lukas and Markus for dealing with my BS, I was frustrated and am usually good at troubleshooting issues.

Is anyone aware of any changes between 19 and 20 with the licensing of the game? As stated above, 19 works fine, 20 not at all.

Maybe your boss doesn't like you play at work
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #68
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
Maybe your boss doesn't like you play at work
Haha. I can play OOTP19 just fine at work. Maybe he doesn't like OOTP20
Old 03-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #69
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You should talk to him about that
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #70
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:

Buy him his own license. If he runs into the same issues, he'll get the work wifi fixed.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #71
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Pete, if this persists, let me know on Friday via PM and we'll get you a Steam key once the game is live over there. Hopefully that will work.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #72
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Pete, if this persists, let me know on Friday via PM and we'll get you a Steam key once the game is live over there. Hopefully that will work.
I believe Pete got things working, we've been talking more via support.

I'd already offered a Steam key btw, but he really wanted the eSellerate version

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #73
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I believe Pete got things working, we've been talking more via support.

I'd already offered a Steam key btw, but he really wanted the eSellerate version
Aye aye!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #74
bgarbettcpa
Bat Boy

I'm having the exact same issues as Pete and have tried everything in this thread. Lukas, I know you had responded to my ticket earlier, but please let me know if there's anything else I should try. If I can't get it to work would it be possible for me to get a Steam key? Thanks for all you guys do!
bgarbettcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:17 PM   #75
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Unfortunately, I had to re-open the ticket Lukas and Markus
Old 03-22-2019, 02:48 PM   #76
Statsman1
Major Leagues

I don't know if this is related to his problem at all, but I had an anti-virus program block BOTH the executable file running the installation of some software (which would change the registry during installation) AND the folders attached to the program itself (in USERS directory), so I couldn't update some database files.

I figured out the first one (the executable) and told the AV program to let it run and install, but I couldn't figure out the 2nd one (why the databases weren't being updated) for a long time...in the end, I figured out that I had to tell the AV program to allow those particular directories (and the subsequent registry entries) to be changed, but there was never an indication that the directories and files were locked by anything. Just....nothing.

Again, not sure if this is the same issue for OP, but the parallels are very similar. It sounds like OP can write the files during installation, especially during Safe Mode (or has already written them) but something like Windows Firewall or an AV program is preventing any changes to the files (and his registry) that also get changed once he fires it up again after a reboot, and he isn't being told that writing to those files has been blocked.

FWIW, my AV program was BitDefender. Great software. Almost too great.

Last edited by Statsman1; 03-22-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Statsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote