Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #21
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2003 View Post
I wish the game was saved as a template. That would make it perfect. It's great now and I def appreciate the work put in though. Just a little difficult to get it going.
Your wish has been granted...see this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=150201

Check us out on the Git Hub Pages:
Goal-Line-Stand-Football
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 AM   #22
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Suggested Changes for Cuban League (Serie Nacional de Beisbol)- I know its not the cleanest looking post, but I just copied and pasted from word

• League Name - Serie Nacional de Béisbol (Accent over the “e” in Beisbol – I know it’s a little thing, but I think the accents give it a more authentic Cuban feel to the game – I just copy and paste the whole name into the game when editing = less time to change things)

• League abbreviations
o Zona Occidental – OCC
o Zona Oriental – ORI or OTE (Used to be OTE, but seemed to have moved this year to ORI – here’s the link to the box score of this years All-Star game with the abbreviations - http://www.inder.co.cu/indernet/comp...0ESTRELLAS.htm
o The Group names are also lettered instead of numbered. They should Grupo A, Grupo B, Grupo C, and Grupo D instead of Group 1, 2, 3, 4 – Grupo (Spanish for Group) is also the way that they are titled, link: http://www.inder.co.cu/indernet/comp...46/default.htm

• Team Changes – As a suggestion, I would change the order of the City Name/NickNames. Up to you, but when talking about teams on the sites, the City Name is always used instead of the Nickname. It just flows better as well. Not to mention that the name of the city is or team is obviously the City name, and the Nicknames are obviously nicknames (Ex. Province Name - Villa Clara, Nickname - Naranjas, Ciego de Avila Tigres, etc...) Now on to individual team changes. Also, team color codes are taken from their actual logos, so they should be just about dead on.

• Grupo A
o Isla de la Juventud
 Nickname – Toronjeros
 Team Color Code – 445172
 Team Text Color - 50862B
 Ballpark - Estadio Cristóbal Labra (Accent over the o)
o Matanzas
 Nickname – Cocodrilos
 Team Color Code - 437B72
 Team Text Color - FFF300
 Ballpark - Estadio Victoria de Girón (Accent over the o)
o Metropolitanos
 Nickname – Guerreros (Needs to be changed either way, currently you have it as “Guerros”
 Team color code - F70C01
 Team Text Color - 0042A6
 Don’t know if you want it or not, but a pallpark pic can be found here: http://www.radiococo.cu/imagenes/ind...es/latino3.jpg
o Pinar del Río (Needs to be changed, accent over the “i” in Rio)
 Nickname – Vegueros
 Abbreviation – PRI (official abbreviation used in standings/boxscores/etc…)
 Team Color Code - 78D52B
 Team Text Color - 1F1A17
 Ballpark - Estadio Capitán San Luis (accent over the “a”)

• Grupo B
o Cienfuegos
 Nickname – Camaroneros
 Abbreviation – CFG (official abbreviation used in standings/boxscores/etc…)
 Team Color Code – 377167
 Team text Code - E77614
o La Habana (needs to be changed either way – “La Habana” is the name of the province, which is different from the city of Havanna) So even if you keep it the way it is, the “L” in La needs to be capitalized
 Nickname – Vaqueros
 Abbreviation – HAB (official abbreviation used in standings/boxscores/etc…)
 City Search - San José de las Lajas
 City - San José de las Lajas, La Habana
 Team Color Code - AAA9A9
 Team Text Color - F7190F
 Ballpark - Estadio Nelson Fernández (accent over the ”a”)
o Industriales
 Nickname – Leones
 Team Color Code – 351580
 Team Text Color – FFFFFF
o Sancti Spíritus (accent over the “I” in Spiritus)
 Nickname – Gallos
 Team Color Code - 005BAA
 Team Text Color - F77B01
 Ballpark - Estadio José Antonio Huelga (Acent over the “e” in Jose)

• Grupo C
o Camagüey (Accent over the “u”)
 Nickname – Alfareros
 Team Color Code - CC7C29
 Ballpark - Estadio Cándido González (Accent over both of the A’s)
o Ciego de Avila
 Nickname – Tigres
 Team Color Code - 019EE5
 Team Text Code - FE4C00
 Ballpark - Estadio José Ramón Cepero (Accents over the e and o)
o Las Tunas
 Nickname – Magos
 Team Color Code - FFF403
 Team Text Color - 00A139
o Villa Clara
 Nickname – Naranjas
 Team Color Code - F74B00
 Team Text Color - C7C7C7
 Ballpark - Estadio Augusto César Sandino (Accent over the e)

• Grupo D
o Granma
 Nickname – Alazanes
 Team Color Code - F70B00
 Ballpark - Estadio Mártires de Barbados (Accent on the “a”)
o Guantanamo
 Nickname – Indios
 Team Color Code - 1E1917
 Team Text Color - F8EF01
o Holguín (Accent on the “i”)
 Nickname – Sabuesos
 Team color code - 009FE0
 Eam text color – FFFFFF
 Ballpark - Estadio Calixto García Íñiguez (accents over the I and n)
o Santiago de Cuba
 Nickname – Avispas
 Abbreviation – SCU (official abbreviation used in standings/boxscores/etc…)
 Team Color Code - FF380B
 Team Text Color – 361400
 Ballpark - Estadio Guillermón Moncada (accent over the o)

• Award Names
o Rookie Award Name - Novato del Año (others I don’t have as of yet)

• Roster rules
o No foreign players allowed for any setting (I noticed a few throughout the league in the current WOB. Definetly needs to be changed)

• Trade rules
o Disable player trading (players play for their hometown teams for the most part, any player moves are made by the league itself, instead of individual team moves)

• Financial rules
o Average attendance – 6,610 (rough estimate from average of first 5 and last 5 games of the year
o Free agency – no free agency
o Arbitration – no arbitration
o Average media contract - $0
o Media Contract fixed – yes
o Cash maximum - $0
o Av coach salry - $3,500
o Star player salary - $3,415
o Good player salry - $3,180
o Above average salary - $2,945
o Average player salry - $2,710
o Below average player salary - $2,485
o Fair player salary - $2,150

• Playoff options
o Name of round 1 - Cuartos de Final
o Name of Round 2 – Semifinal
o Name of Round 3 – Final

• League totals (Last 3 year average – may have to play around with these as they are the actual totals from the league, but for some reason do not transfer well within the game)
o At bats – 48824
o Hits – 14027
o Doubles – 2287
o Triples – 360
o Home Runs – 1031
o Bases on Balls – 4946
o Hit by pitches – 1118
o Strikeouts – 7251
o BABIP - .321

• Other thoughts
o I have a minor league setup up for them also if you want it. I can give you 1 level of minors, there are others too with age limits, but haven’t done quite the research on them as of yet. The teams and everything for the one level is all set to go if you want them though.
o Hope this helps you out! I know we are all looking for realism and I hope this helps out the OOTP community!

Last edited by southside_hitmen; 06-27-2007 at 04:22 AM.
southside_hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:56 AM   #23
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

*** League Changes

League Names-Abbreviations
- for Pacific League = PBL (Link to official site, notice abbreviation of "PBL" next to title)
- For Central League = CL (Link to official site, notice the log just has the C and L. There is no need for the "J" preceeding either league, as we know it is a Japanese League already.

Name Change
Hokkaido's team neam should be listed as "Hokkaido Nippon-Ham" (Need to add the "-" in between Nippon and Ham)

Team Location
Chiba Lotte is from Chiba, Chiba

Fukuoka Softbank is from Fukuoka, Fukuoka

Hokkaido Nippon-Ham is from Sapporo, Hokaido

Orix is from Osaka, Osaka

Tohoku Rakuten is from Sendai, Kagoshima

Seibu is from Tokyo, Tokyo

Chunichi is from Nagoya, Aichi

Hanshin is Osaka, Osaka

Hiroshima Toyo is from Hiroshima, Hiroshima

Tokyo Yakult is from Tokyo, Tokyo

Yokohama is from Yokohama, Kanagawa

Yomiuri is from Tokyo, Tokyo

Award Names
Pitcher Award Name - Sawamura Award
Old 06-27-2007, 06:47 AM   #24
Bud2003
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter2003 View Post
Your wish has been granted...see this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=150201

You are beautiful!!!! (in a non-homosexual sort of way..lol)

I was trying to do it myself, but I'm an idiot and kept running into issues with the uniforms, and team colors.

Anyway, you're the man!
Bud2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #25
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Thanks Southside!

I will update the league with this info---sorry I totally forgot about the PM you had sent previously

Check us out on the Git Hub Pages:
Goal-Line-Stand-Football
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #26
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter2003 View Post
Thanks Southside!

I will update the league with this info---sorry I totally forgot about the PM you had sent previously
No problem, I know this must have been a massive undertaking. Thanks for all your hard work with this outstanding league file and template.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #27
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Hawaii Winter Baseball

Team Abbreviations (Link to official league schedule, shows abbreviations for both teams)

North Shore = NS

West Oahu = WO

Division Names
The divisions are called Hawaii Winter Baseball East and Hawaii Winter Baseball West (Not just east and west division) respectively. Here is the link to League stats which shows the official name usage, and it also showed the name in the schedule link posted above. You could also shorten it to HWB East and HWB West as they have done in some places.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #28
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

MLB Suggestions

Team Abbreviations (Link to MLB.com, look at the left side with the schedule as it shows team abbreviations)

Yankees = NYY
White Sox = CWS
Cubs = CHC
Mets = NYM
Dodgers = LAD
Angels = LAA
Marlins = FLA

Award Names

Pitcher - Cy Young Award
Hitter - Most Valuable Player Award
Defense Award - Gold Glove Award

Also, for International Leagues (Serie Nacional de Beisbol, Bundesligla, Italian, etc..), shouldn't they be set to INT league types? Right now they are knid of all over the place with SNB at AAA, Bundesliga at A, etc... Can't you set them as INT leagues and then use modifiers to get it down?

Last edited by southside_hitmen; 06-27-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #29
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

How is this siming? Anyone seeing crashes still?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #30
toptiger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well after some testing I found a method that is sim'ing just fine (completed two seasons) using WOB 2.0 --- APujols5 is right when indicating odd # of teams in a league should not cause a problem when using a compatible schedule. So, on Day 1 (January 1, 2007) I left all league structures unchanged -- kept odd # of teams --- there is no need to delete teams. I did generate a new schedule for every league from Game Setup/League Setup/ Functions --- I encountered an error when doing this for some leagues which I cleared by going back to the League Setup/Options/Schedule Options and checking the Balanced Schedule format box --- then the schedule could be generated without error.

Since I was getting the "No Starting Pitcher Available" error that prevented an earlier sim from completing, I (again on Day 1) from League Setup/Functions,filled every league roster with players and then Released All Players & Scheduled An Inaugural Draft --- I found that the earlier roster error was due to one of my Mexican League teams having only 2 SP's !!! even though I used the Fill Roster function to try to correct the situation --- it didn't work --- I believe this to be due to the Ethnicity rules setting for the leagues --- it appears that the Fill Roster function does not use the rule and so is unable to effectively fill the rosters. (Note this is just my assumption (guess) -- I did not thoroughly test it).

When after doing all the above WOB 2.0 (using the Universe download/not the template although the same fix should apply) is sim'ing perfectly! Hurray!! It's a great universe for OOTPB 2007! and I'm now happy with it! Hope this will be the fix for the rest of you having problems with WOB 2.0 and wanting to play it! Good luck!

P.S. --- Ran for 3rd time ok -- 1/1/2007 thru 12/31/2007 --- Note: When leagues did not have the Release All Players & Schedule Inaugural Draft option under General Functions, I went down to Roster Functions and did Release All Players / Clear Rosters .... And when I generated new schedules for all leagues, I found the Arizona Winter League gave me a message that it could not generate an odd number of games, although it did sim ok this way, I have now gone into the Options Tab and changed the number of games for the league to 20 from 21 and regenerated a new schedule after the change just to be safe.

Main concept for the fix --- generate all new schedules for all leagues, release all players (with Release Players & Schedule Inaugural Draft when available / if not available use Release All Players/Clear Rosters. I think the critical piece is the schedule, but to be safe I released all the players ... at any rate it now works for me. Again, Good Luck!

Last edited by toptiger; 08-02-2007 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Post Script
toptiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #31
toptiger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well starting another year of sim, and one of my Nippon teams had no pitchers at all! So, the sim error'd and gave me a message that told me what team was involved --- I simply filled the rosters of the league from the functions screen and that fixed it. The roster problem I don't believe is inherent to WOB 2.0, and it's probably not a program problem either, but rather is a matter of setting up the rosters properly. At any rate, the roster error should be able to be fixed as you go along. It's kind of odd that I did go through complete years without a roster problem at all --- just the way the chips fall I guess

Last edited by toptiger; 08-02-2007 at 03:05 PM.
toptiger is offline   Reply With Quote