Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 11:21 AM   #1
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

This is what a cheater looks like.

I reported this clown on Monday when I scouted the other four teams in my division. He's still active, it appears.

How long does it take for the mods to react?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-29-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

That's not a cheater. That's a lowlife ****er. Those should of course also be reported.

He will probably be purged in anywhere between a day and never.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

That user gets a warning first.... in such a case we do not immediately ban. We'll see what happens.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:01 PM   #4
Badnewsgoonies
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If tanking is valid in the mlb why can’t it be for this game? It’s purpose is to restart the team because it can’t compete which makes sense.

Granted purposefully tanking every other season is a different story but if you want to drop a division why isn’t that allowed
Old 08-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #5
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badnewsgoonies View Post
If tanking is valid in the mlb why can’t it be for this game? It’s purpose is to restart the team because it can’t compete which makes sense.

Granted purposefully tanking every other season is a different story but if you want to drop a division why isn’t that allowed
It all comes down to points. This game has been designed in such a way that tanking cannot exist because it increases the amount of points a team can earn (Late Edit: Both the team doing the tanking and the other teams playing them). There are ways that it could have been designed so that tanking didn't matter due to its minimal impact, but those paths were not followed.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 08-29-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:37 PM   #6
steamrollers
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badnewsgoonies View Post

Well said, tanking has proven to be very successful if done right in MLB. Recent winners like the Cubs and Astros followed the formula of losing on purpose to accumulate better players much like someone may "tank" to try to go to a lower level and accumulate more points to eventually be able to build a powerhouse that can finally make a run to the highest leagues.

I really can't blame people that are F2P pack only players, outside of the few insanely lucky players that pull incredible cards they are just playing the junk the game is giving them. If they don't want people to tank then don't allow cards under a certain number be allowed in certain divisions.

As for this particular case, yes it is clear as can be they are tanking and not even trying to see how far their team can go which is a problem and they should be warned. It would be one thing if they are stuck in mediocrity in a division but they aren't even trying to let it play out and see how successful the team can be before a retooling would perhaps be necessary.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:05 PM   #7
chazzycat
All Star Starter

This guy is tanking little league to get back to T-Ball though...
Old 08-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
This guy is tanking little league to get back to T-Ball though...
May be the large lunch today, but I'm not sure what point you're making. Can you explain? TIA...
Old 08-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #9
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
May be the large lunch today, but I'm not sure what point you're making. Can you explain? TIA...
Mostly I was just trying to make fun of the dude for tanking Bronze level. I mean...that is pretty sad.

In the game, perfect level is considered "MLB" and the lower levels are minor leagues. I just extended that a bit further...

I suppose if I had to explain it, probably wasn't the best joke.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #10
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
I suppose if I had to explain it, probably wasn't the best joke.
It was pretty good
Old 08-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #11
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamrollers View Post
Well said, tanking has proven to be very successful if done right in MLB. Recent winners like the Cubs and Astros followed the formula of losing on purpose to accumulate better players much like someone may "tank" to try to go to a lower level and accumulate more points to eventually be able to build a powerhouse that can finally make a run to the highest leagues.

I really can't blame people that are F2P pack only players, outside of the few insanely lucky players that pull incredible cards they are just playing the junk the game is giving them. If they don't want people to tank then don't allow cards under a certain number be allowed in certain divisions.

As for this particular case, yes it is clear as can be they are tanking and not even trying to see how far their team can go which is a problem and they should be warned. It would be one thing if they are stuck in mediocrity in a division but they aren't even trying to let it play out and see how successful the team can be before a retooling would perhaps be necessary.
Are you trying to tell me these teams trotted out the worst players all season? You absolutely must be kidding. This guy isn;t retooling by the way, he's trying to stay in a lower league to beat the living (censored) out of everyone. The next year he ensures himself to drop and do it again.

Can you honestly equate this to ANYTHING WHAYSOEVER in the real world of sports? The commish would disband the team.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #12
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

It would be like a team in the premier league getting themselves relegated so that they could crush the EFL championship. No one does that because you make a lot of money by being in the premier league and very little by playing in the championship instead of getting paid for each goal and shutout regardless of the competition level.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:58 PM   #13
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
It would be like a team in the premier league getting themselves relegated so that they could crush the EFL championship. No one does that because you make a lot of money by being in the premier league and very little by playing in the championship instead of getting paid for each goal and shutout regardless of the competition level.
True on the EPL. The answer is have some integrity, not changing it so the rich get richer.

Lots of teams tank subtly in American sports. They try and jockey 1-2 losses to get a better draft position.

NOBODY loses all year long while sitting all their best players. It would not be allowed. Heads would roll.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:21 PM   #14
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

This is a fantasy mode in a video game, its not a sports organization in real life. Tanking teams have an adverse effect on the economy because it "gifts" free PP to teams it plays against, and its clearly against the rules.

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Old 08-29-2019, 07:49 PM   #15
steamrollers
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Are you trying to tell me these teams trotted out the worst players all season? You absolutely must be kidding. This guy isn;t retooling by the way, he's trying to stay in a lower league to beat the living (censored) out of everyone. The next year he ensures himself to drop and do it again.

Can you honestly equate this to ANYTHING WHAYSOEVER in the real world of sports? The commish would disband the team.

That isn't even close to what I was saying. Those teams set themselves up in a situation they knew they had no chance to be competitive despite putting out their "best" players. They made sure their best players wouldn't be competitive much like all the teams in MLB tanking this year. And nowhere did I say THIS GUY was retooling. In fact I said the complete opposite. This person is clearly an issue, I was really just saying some people that are stuck in mediocrity eventually have to pull the plug and retool in order to move forward in the future.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:54 PM   #16
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamrollers View Post
That isn't even close to what I was saying. Those teams set themselves up in a situation they knew they had no chance to be competitive despite putting out their "best" players. They made sure their best players wouldn't be competitive much like all the teams in MLB tanking this year. And nowhere did I say THIS GUY was retooling. In fact I said the complete opposite. This person is clearly an issue, I was really just saying some people that are stuck in mediocrity eventually have to pull the plug and retool in order to move forward in the future.

Glad you pointed that out although it didn't relate to the entire point of the thread. You could have saved some time buy simply saying you agree, the guy is making a mockery of the game.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:57 PM   #17
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post

So, OOTP can fix that by increasing the rewards for being at higher levels.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #18
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

First, let me unequivocally state that I do not agree with this player's actions.

However... They are doing this at Bronze, a level that we've been told is low enough to allow us to switch to any theme team we desire. Would this player be similarly penalized (edit: or warned in this case, I guess) if every other year they were switching to a weak theme, such as all iron unsung heroes?

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 08-29-2019 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:04 PM   #19
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
First, let me unequivocally state that I do not agree with this player's actions.

However... They are doing this at Bronze, a level that we've been told is low enough to allow us to switch to any theme team we desire. Would this player be similarly penalized if every other year they were switching to a weak theme, such as all iron unsung heroes?

Dude, he has a bunch of perfects STILL ON HIS TEAM.

He isn't switching to anything but but beating the **** out of Iron. I mean really.

Last edited by TC Dale; 08-29-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #20
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Dude, he has a bunch of perfects STILL ON HIS TEAM.

He isn't switching to anything but but beating the sh!t out of Iron. I mean really.
As a collector, I have numerous cards on my roster that are not getting playing time on my theme team

Late Edit: If you need an example, I currently have 70 OVR Clint Courtney catching on the West Covina Ex-Girlfriends in Perfect League while Peak Buck Ewing sits on my reserve roster because he does not meet my current theme.

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 08-29-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Closed Thread