Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #5541
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
BREAKING: Walter Johnson no-hits the Clyde Truckers! He strikes out 13 and walked only one as he faces one more than the minimum in a 4-0 win which brings the Saints back to .500 on the season.

Cy never did that for me

My Cy has two, one a perfecto. I sure hope my Cy and the Big Train hook up this year. Correction, it seems he has three. He pitched a second one in June of last season after his April no-hitter. I guess I missed it because I stopped checking his box scores regularly. It was just too aggravating to see the AI pull him after around 100 pitches with a shutout going. I never have figured out how to keep him from getting pulled, so I gave up on it. By the way, he also has 7 one-hitters.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 10-16-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #5542
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
My Cy has two, one a perfecto. I sure hope my Cy and the Big Train hook up this year.
Gonna try to get Walter some help too...packed a POTM Bregman (all-time avg is 260k) and am trying to sell to get some more OL-legal reinforcements.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #5543
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Wtf?

I just checked Cy's stats. For a 16-year career his complete game percentage is 19.6% and his pitches-per-game is 106. And my Ted Williams has a career K-to-BB of 3-to-1, platooning against RHP. Even in a virtual universe, that can't be right.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #5544
allenciox
All Star Reserve

The water's fine! (still)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
It must be something. The Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens have been more popularly known in Perfect league as just the "Chickens". None of their last six seasons in perfect league has featured a playoff.

But something has happened this year. The Chickens have a record of 38-20, for the second best record in the NC (the tougher half of P411) behind only their division-mates the Mammoth Mammoths (the fourth best record in the NC is also in that same division).

The Southpaws had been licking their chops for "Fried" chicken when Ewa Beach came to town in their most recent series, but the Southpaws were the ones that got fried when Ewa Beach took two out of three against them, with dominating scores of 7-1 and 9-2.

Now, tourists are flocking to Ewa Beach to see if the invigorating waters there can restore their health and youth, as it has to the ballclub.
so, after posting this, did Ewa Beach take a dive? Quite the contrary. They have only won eight straight since the post above. Their current record of 46-20 leads all teams for P411. Quite extraordinary.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:36 PM   #5545
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
so, after posting this, did Ewa Beach take a dive? Quite the contrary. They have only won eight straight since the post above. Their current record of 46-20 leads all teams for P411. Quite extraordinary.
I'm on lunch break at work, scratching my head over this one. Great updates guys!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:08 PM   #5546
gusguyman
Bat Boy

Quote:
We're always open. I've attached the compliance standards for Our League. If your team(s) fit, just make sure to friend as many OL teams at and close to your level as you can fit. Use the link below. I should also add that the new Team of the Year cards are also not allowed, since they're 2019 cards, essentially "live." Welcome aboard. Another thing to add, if you decide to join us, pllease add - OL to the end of your team name and a + to your team's abbreviation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...y3o/edit#gid=0
I assume 2019 All-Star cards are similarly banned?

Last edited by gusguyman; 10-16-2019 at 07:13 PM.
gusguyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #5547
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusguyman View Post
I assume 2019 All-Star cards are similarly banned?
Yup.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #5548
Magus978
All Star Starter

After being goaded by Maxfire into opening 175 packs...I did so, and pulled a 100 Josh Gibson!

Beforehand, I did buy a SE Gene Garber for 16k and have a bid in on a 97 Arky Vaughan...so even if I didn't pull the Gibson, I got some good mileage out of the Bergman cash-in.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:17 PM   #5549
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
After being goaded by Maxfire into opening 175 packs...I did so, and pulled a 100 Josh Gibson!

Beforehand, I did buy a SE Gene Garber for 16k and have a bid in on a 97 Arky Vaughan...so even if I didn't pull the Gibson, I got some good mileage out of the Bergman cash-in.
Do you only open packs across all of your teams? You seem to have decent pack luck, but you also have 6 (?) teams so just trying to understand.

Edit: Ya'll kicking my butt in perfect. I had read it was quite the jump numerous times, just had to experience it.

F2P Packs

Last edited by Diezwraths; 10-16-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:00 PM   #5550
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post
Do you only open packs across all of your teams? You seem to have decent pack luck, but you also have 6 (?) teams so just trying to understand.

Edit: Ya'll kicking my butt in perfect. I had read it was quite the jump numerous times, just had to experience it.
I rip when the next upgrade becomes cost-prohibitive. That's why I'm at the point with Steelport where I'm ripping more often than not. Seems to be working.

For the record, I now have 11 (!) teams. Saving the 12th one as a "break glass if Magus gets extremely bored" thing.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:23 AM   #5551
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Streaking Silver Sox Snag Supremacy in OL G339

Reno blazed to a 13-1 sim, and with a fairly nondescript showing by the rest of OL, grabbed a substantial lead in the chase for the crown. The only other noteworthy performances were turned in by Kansas, 10-6, and Terra Incognita, 9-5.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-17-2019, 06:30 AM   #5552
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Boogie Breaks on Top in OL D365

The Knights waltzed to a 13-4 tune yesterday to take the lead, but don't rest easy as Steelport soared at 16-3, Annandale was a smashing 15-5, and Battery Point charged to a 14-8 mark. Looks like it will a hotly contested chase.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-17-2019, 06:37 AM   #5553
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Condors Charge to Top of OL P411

A 10-3 sim led the Quantum Condors to the pole position in perfect, while Fargo, 16-7, Motown, 14-8, and Cigar City, 8-4, kept California in sight. Short-scheduled Ewa Beach, slipped into third with the best statistical day at 6-1.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-18-2019, 06:25 AM   #5554
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Reno Runaway in OL G339?

Although the Silver Sox cooled off to 4-3, their closest rivals slipped even more, giving them a comfortable lead. Only Mudville, 8-4, and Terra Incognita, 6-3, made solid gains.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-18-2019, 06:28 AM   #5555
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

Questions:

Please delete

Last edited by Infinity; 10-18-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:29 AM   #5556
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Three-Headed Monster Dominates OL D365

Battery Point, 16-4, Annadale, 14-5, and Shasta, 13-6 were all dazzling in diamond play yesterday and hold the top three spots, well ahead of the pack.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-18-2019, 06:36 AM   #5557
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Condors Take Quantom Leap in OL P411

California pounded out a 15-3 record in perfect play, perhaps poising to end Southern's crown streak. The Southpaws righted themselves at 7-3, while Bold Strategy, 14-4, and Cigar City, 9-4, also heated up.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #5558
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
California pounded out a 15-3 record in perfect play, perhaps poising to end Southern's crown streak. The Southpaws righted themselves at 7-3, while Bold Strategy, 14-4, and Cigar City, 9-4, also heated up.
As predicted, the NC East is freaking brutal.

Old 10-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #5559
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Dumb roster moves

Ever make a really dumb roster move?

Yeah, I did that just now. Intending to move Stephensville's slumping Jim Edmonds to the reserve roster, I mistakenly grabbed Magglio Ordonez and his league leading .346 batting average and threw him into purgatory for the next 14 games.

Hopefully, the Bears survive their GM's itchy mouse finger and hang onto their 4 game AC Central lead in S256 in Mags' absence.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #5560
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Ever make a really dumb roster move?

Yeah, I did that just now. Intending to move Stephensville's slumping Jim Edmonds to the reserve roster, I mistakenly grabbed Magglio Ordonez and his league leading .346 batting average and threw him into purgatory for the next 14 games.

Hopefully, the Bears survive their GM's itchy mouse finger and hang onto their 4 game AC Central lead in S256 in Mags' absence.
Oh. I do those all the time. I bought a card of a player and was wondering why he wasn't doing so well. It was the wrong card of his.