Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:25 PM   #2641
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Getting in on the spirit of today, opened 10 packs on my OL team. 91 W. Buehler was the main draw, but should be able to make close to 75% of the cost back. I've had plenty worse, this is actually my first diamond pull across all teams so that was exciting.

In other news, celebrating their first BWS win, the Onyx followed up with a playoff birth in Silver. The manager was surprised at this appearance as no roster moves were made, but 75 D. Cash was resurrected from the dead after a dreadful 2029 (-0.7 WAR, 190 AB) season and helped the team from the leadoff spot. Neverthless, 80 B. Robinson replaced him in the grave during 2030(-0.2 WAR, 337 PA) and was demoted to backup duty until the final month.

The Onyx will sit and watch prices for the foreseeable future, they have their eyes on a few pieces. Might be a piece or two less now that they spent a portion of their FA budget. Also, the manager is waiting for the players to draw straws on who goes to the grave this year.

Diezwraths2, Diezwraths1's alter ego, was able to cobble together an assortment of players to crush their foes, winning the division by 20 games(last place was 50 GB), yet suffered a first round knockout. Should be relatively smooth sailing, but the division looks quite competitive through the first month.

They appear to get all the pack luck as well, pulling a 87 Lindor, 81 Dobson, 82 Does, 88 Blackmon on top of previously owned gold level OL eligible players.

F2P Packs

Last edited by Diezwraths; 06-17-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:57 PM   #2642
Magus978
All Star Starter

When prices settle down, there are a fair few collections that we can all go after. Just completed the Players from Taiwan collection on my money team, and the reward is a very good 88 reliever in Hong-Chih Kuo. As a whole, the set probably set me back around 2,400.

Great against lefties, but he's also pretty darn good against righties. Here's what he looks like if you haven't seen him yet.

EDIT: Naturally, he blew the first game he entered for me.
Attached Images

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-17-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:51 PM   #2643
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Armada is certainly getting that one. All of the Asian collection I am interested in, and this one looks effing strong. I still keep Chien-Ming Wang on my team because dude's the only legal Taiwanese I can use as far as I know.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:51 PM   #2644
Magus978
All Star Starter

Back to OL matters...I think this is the week the Patriots finally get bit with relegation. It's a 6-13 start in a very tough league, and I'm finding that we just cannot keep up. The lack of high-end quality is coming back to kill us in a big way. Now, you might think I'm about to break out into a moan...but you'd be wrong. Like I said, this week is Positive Magus!

A relegation back to bronze is probably not the worst thing in the world. Might lead to an easier league and a chance to rebuild our points total for some upgrades once the collection frenzy slows down and the market stabilizes.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:01 PM   #2645
Magus978
All Star Starter

Double post because forums are crying out in pain

Last edited by Magus978; 06-17-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:23 PM   #2646
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
This is the second week in a row Fancher Creek has been out in the cold. I feel bad for them.

I think a lot of us are not good at looking at the list and just type “-OL and - OL” into the search and add all the matching teams on Sunday evening.

In this case, it looks like Fancher Creek team did not update the name to the recommended name so they may not have had anyone trying to pull them in.

I think as this league moves forward, we should really make sure that all teams add the “-OL” and “+” league.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #2647
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Back to OL matters...I think this is the week the Patriots finally get bit with relegation. It's a 6-13 start in a very tough league, and I'm finding that we just cannot keep up. The lack of high-end quality is coming back to kill us in a big way. Now, you might think I'm about to break out into a moan...but you'd be wrong. Like I said, this week is Positive Magus!

I would be surprised if things don’t turn around as the season goes on.
I assume you played a lot more games on the road and may have had some bad luck as well.

We totally forgot to change the number of starters back to 5 and ended up with a tired set of players and some extra losses. Argh. I could have sworn the kids went through all teams and adjusted the lineups.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:29 PM   #2648
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I would be surprised if things don’t turn around as the season goes on.
I assume you played a lot more games on the road and may have had some bad luck as well.

We totally forgot to change the number of starters back to 5 and ended up with a tired set of players and some extra losses. Argh. I could have sworn the kids went through all teams and adjusted the lineups.
Division's very tough, and the league in general's strong. If I remember right, I think we've pretty much been blown away in a majority of the games. To be honest, I'm okay with this. We've survived in silver for 3 weeks and I think those were three pretty fluky weeks. Now it's catching up to me. It happens.

I will be happy to go back down to bronze and get out of playing diamond-filled teams for a week if that's what the end result's gonna be.

Ain't positive Magus great?

Last edited by Magus978; 06-17-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:46 PM   #2649
Goliathus
Major Leagues

One good thing about relegating back to bronze is that you can genuinely be positive next season...until your team make playoff and then fail to advance.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:54 PM   #2650
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
One good thing about relegating back to bronze is that you can genuinely be positive next season...until your team make playoff and then fail to advance.
I'd actually want to stay down there for awhile. I think we tried to move up too fast, and we came up a few seasons too early. Forced me to speed up the timetable on upgrades and make some very bad decisions (my entire team is made up of bad decisions).

This just shows that I have to do better. If I can't have half the luck of the whales, then I have to be smarter. I have to work harder, and work smarter as a player. If the effort is there, and the intelligence is there, then eventually it'll all come together. May not be in my lifetime though

Old 06-17-2019, 11:02 PM   #2651
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Key emphasis on the word, "positive."

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:46 PM   #2652
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

How to get players pics into the game.

It is pretty seamless in FHM, where I would use my own pics for players(see Hasek). Did a Willie Mays for Port Ruppert. Not sure which of the three I like. Any thoughts?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:47 PM   #2653
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
It is pretty seamless in FHM, where I would use my own pics for players(see Hasek). Did a Willie Mays for Port Ruppert. Not sure which of the three I like. Any thoughts?
far left Mays

Old 06-18-2019, 12:50 AM   #2654
Goliathus
Major Leagues

The other two are "too artsy" to be player pic IMO. More suitable for posters and such. I agree with the Puppies on the far left.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:58 AM   #2655
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Division's very tough, and the league in general's strong. If I remember right, I think we've pretty much been blown away in a majority of the games. To be honest, I'm okay with this. We've survived in silver for 3 weeks and I think those were three pretty fluky weeks. Now it's catching up to me. It happens.

Be happy you did not move to Gold. All the OL teams that moved up are getting used to the new competition.

Hatchets: 11-12
Palolo Puppies: 11-12
Endless Summer: 11-14

This is where we have to remember that our competition is NOT the other teams but our fellow OL teams.

My kids made a similar Orcin score sheet and congratulate each other for every win against a stronger opponent.
Kiddo with 14 bronze/silver cards is sitting at 11 “quality or underdog wins”. If I understood them correctly, the Endless Summer team has yet to lose to a weaker opponent / beat up a lesser team.

I guess this is how they try to identify when they are ready to move and should move up again.

Why did I ever talk about “pitcher quality starts” and give them ideas to make up new things...... :-)

Old 06-18-2019, 01:09 AM   #2656
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Be happy you did not move to Gold. All the OL teams that moved up are getting used to the new competition.

This is where we have to remember that our competition is NOT the other teams but our fellow OL teams.

My kids made a similar Orcin score sheet and congratulate each other for every win against a stronger opponent.
Kiddo with 14 bronze/silver cards is sitting at 11 “quality or underdog wins”. If I understood them correctly, the Endless Summer team has yet to lose to a weaker opponent / beat up a lesser team.

I guess this is how they try to identify when they are ready to move and should move up again.

Why did I ever talk about “pitcher quality starts” and give them ideas to make up new things...... :-)
Your kids are just following your lead. If it weren't for you, they would not be so heavily into this...and they wouldn't have whooped my butt.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:19 AM   #2657
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:

Tough start for the Puppies. Looks like they may need some hitting reinforcements. We have some games against Endless Summer coming up.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:52 AM   #2658
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I must say, I love Missions and they've been good to me so far. The Vikings sold Gold Robin Ventura for a whopping 30k PP. Considering the reward for that collection is a Silver Magglio Ordonez I'll certainly take the PP.

The Crayons I had designated as my collector team, and amazingly most of what I was collecting turned out to be a mission. Almost done the Expos ones, done one of the Senators, done the LIVE Orioles and almost the Blue Jays, Rangers, and Padres. Some of the other minor ones seem quite doable too.

There's a mountain of activity on the AH which is great, and although prices are high they are showing signs of coming down Silver and below. Just hope some of the cards I want for normal play aren't or don't end up as key mission pieces!

Last edited by Argonaut; 06-18-2019 at 02:54 AM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:57 AM   #2659
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post
Getting in on the spirit of today, opened 10 packs on my OL team. 91 W. Buehler was the main draw, but should be able to make close to 75% of the cost back. I've had plenty worse, this is actually my first diamond pull across all teams so that was exciting.

In other news, celebrating their first BWS win, the Onyx followed up with a playoff birth in Silver. The manager was surprised at this appearance as no roster moves were made, but 75 D. Cash was resurrected from the dead after a dreadful 2029 (-0.7 WAR, 190 AB) season and helped the team from the leadoff spot. Neverthless, 80 B. Robinson replaced him in the grave during 2030(-0.2 WAR, 337 PA) and was demoted to backup duty until the final month.

The Onyx will sit and watch prices for the foreseeable future, they have their eyes on a few pieces. Might be a piece or two less now that they spent a portion of their FA budget. Also, the manager is waiting for the players to draw straws on who goes to the grave this year.

Diezwraths2, Diezwraths1's alter ego, was able to cobble together an assortment of players to crush their foes, winning the division by 20 games(last place was 50 GB), yet suffered a first round knockout. Should be relatively smooth sailing, but the division looks quite competitive through the first month.

They appear to get all the pack luck as well, pulling a 87 Lindor, 81 Dobson, 82 Does, 88 Blackmon on top of previously owned gold level OL eligible players.

Doing very well I see. That's a sweet pull (Buehler) in only ten packs. Congrats!
Old 06-18-2019, 03:15 AM   #2660
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I must say, I love Missions and they've been good to me so far. The Vikings sold Gold Robin Ventura for a whopping 30k PP. Considering the reward for that collection is a Silver Magglio Ordonez I'll certainly take the PP.

The Crayons I had designated as my collector team, and amazingly most of what I was collecting turned out to be a mission. Almost done the Expos ones, done one of the Senators, done the LIVE Orioles and almost the Blue Jays, Rangers, and Padres. Some of the other minor ones seem quite doable too.

There's a mountain of activity on the AH which is great, and although prices are high they are showing signs of coming down Silver and below. Just hope some of the cards I want for normal play aren't or don't end up as key mission pieces!
Holy cow! I am going to sell mine then. Anyone else we can get a lot for?