Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #41
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Sure would love to know if rosters expand to 40 automatically when using reserve rosters due to there not being a way to disable that rule, or do they stick at 25 and not expand to 40, because the option for expansion isn't present? I disable September expansion in all my leagues. If I was the MLB Commissioner I would put an end to that nonsense before the ink was dry on my contract.
They expand to 40 automatically on Sept. 1st. Bug report already in with pictures.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:30 AM   #42
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Sure would love to know if rosters expand to 40 automatically when using reserve rosters due to there not being a way to disable that rule, or do they stick at 25 and not expand to 40, because the option for expansion isn't present? I disable September expansion in all my leagues. If I was the MLB Commissioner I would put an end to that nonsense before the ink was dry on my contract.
Why not put in a AAA minor league with ghost players to make up the difference? Then won't it give the option to expand to 40?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #43
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Why not put in a AAA minor league with ghost players to make up the difference? Then won't it give the option to expand to 40?
The thing is (as I put in my bug report) the option to disable it when playing with reserve rosters and no minors has always existed (even in OOTP18), and now POOF! it does not. That's my definition of a bug that needs fixing.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #44
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Then I have to deal with triple A news stories and that's as annoying as teams all of a sudden having 40 man rosters the minute September arrives. I have no interest in having minor leagues.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #45
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Y'all are gonna think I've lost my mind (not a stretch really), but I recommend Very High Injuries with Average Fatigue and Normal Suspensions for random debut. We get enough players per team to pull it off and the plate appearances of the leaders in plate appearances match up very well with RL leaders in plate appearances (at least for 1984, which is what I use for stats output). Very early in the process, but stats output is looking good as well. Ok, fire away with your tomatoes!

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-23-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #46
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I will setup with those injury, fatigue, and suspension settings starting in 1904. My random debut is a little different because I limit the reserve rosters to 15 and have an unaffiliated AAA from which ML teams can purchase players. I have more players accumulating stats this way.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #47
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I will setup with those injury, fatigue, and suspension settings starting in 1904. My random debut is a little different because I limit the reserve rosters to 15 and have an unaffiliated AAA from which ML teams can purchase players. I have more players accumulating stats this way.
Please remember that I have unlimited reserve rosters. I hope it works. Lemme know. Pay particular attention to PA and IP against the RL PA and IP of the top 20 players in these categories of the year you're trying to match. Using 1984 for all seasons, it is uncanny how close it is with these settings. Try not to look at the DL. It can be quite unnerving. I saw nine pitchers on the DL for the Cardinals once. Then again the 2017 Mariners called that Tuesday if you get my drift.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #48
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Probably have some information over the weekend if I get enough time in after watching a bunch of 7 year olds, who are all as dumb as posts, finish their hockey season. Will keep you posted, I am also watching like a hawk to prevent the infiltration of fictional players.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #49
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Probably have some information over the weekend if I get enough time in after watching a bunch of 7 year olds, who are all as dumb as posts, finish their hockey season. Will keep you posted, I am also watching like a hawk to prevent the infiltration of fictional players.
I still can't wrap my brain around how that's happening to you. I think you've got all the proper settings checked to stop it, yet still it persists.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:06 PM   #50
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Y'all are gonna think I've lost my mind (not a stretch really), but I recommend Very High Injuries with Average Fatigue and Normal Suspensions for random debut. We get enough players per team to pull it off and the plate appearances of the leaders in plate appearances match up very well with RL leaders in plate appearances (at least for 1984, which is what I use for stats output). Very early in the process, but stats output is looking good as well. Ok, fire away with your tomatoes!
Nope. This is not the answer. What happens is pitcher's hit the DL (they're the most susceptible to injuries as they should be) in spades, which waters down the pitching, which leads to offensive explosions. Back to the drawing board. Next up: High Injuries, High Fatigue for an extended period. I only took a look at it for one season last time. We shall see.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-24-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #51
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Do not know why but my rosters are expanding to 40 on 1 September both ML and AAA levels. I hate it when something works and I don’t know why, how, or what made it work.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:00 PM   #52
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do not know why but my rosters are expanding to 40 on 1 September both ML and AAA levels. I hate it when something works and I don’t know why, how, or what made it work.
Nothing you can do about it. Allegedly the fix will be part of the first patch.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #53
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thing is I don’t need the patch in my leagues both levels are automatically expanding to 40 but I don’t know how I got that setting, when I look at game settings I cannot see any setting for expanded rosters.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #54
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thing is I don’t need the patch in my leagues both levels are automatically expanding to 40 but I don’t know how I got that setting, when I look at game settings I cannot see any setting for expanded rosters.
I know. The bug is that those of us that do not want to play with expanded rosters are SOL until this is addressed. It's supposed to be being addressed in the first patch though, so there will be much rejoicing.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #55
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Sorry I was reading everything absolutely the wrong way. When my rosters expanded I went to look for a setting that I could “help” everyone with
Question: Why don’t you want expanded rosters?

Last edited by JaBurns; 03-24-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:07 PM   #56
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry I was reading everything absolutely the wrong way. When my rosters expanded I went to look for a setting that I could “help” everyone with
Question: Why don’t you want expanded rosters?
I just like to see the same roster rules throughout the season. September baseball (aside from October/November) is the most important time of the year, and what do baseball fans get treated to? 64 pitching changes a game, and pinch runners all over the place. It's silly, and they never address it. Something needs to be done, so until it is, it's out of my game.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #57
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just like to see the same roster rules throughout the season. September baseball (aside from October/November) is the most important time of the year, and what do baseball fans get treated to? 64 pitching changes a game, and pinch runners all over the place. It's silly, and they never address it. Something needs to be done, so until it is, it's out of my game.
I don't like in real baseball either, but I don't want it in OOTP because it's added stress on the AI.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #58
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I would think the game is more interested in the rates that a player hit a HR or double in rather than the raw numbers themselves. This makes your Adjust/Weaken settings important. Too high and you might cause some guys to be Adjusted/Weakened that don't really deserve to be. Too low and you could create beasts out of guys with very few AB/IP. I use 200/50 for AB, and 40/10 for IP. Always have because those are ideal for Neutralized Stats, which I had always used until this year. Gonna give Real Stats some test runs as well and pick out whichever one suits me. Missed seasons are a big reason for using 3 or 5 year recalc because there are definitely some numbers to work with regardless of whether the player was serving his country in wartime or injured or whatever the case may be IRL. Jeff1787 has definitely convinced me that if you're going to use players from outside the MLB database, you probably want Neutralized Stats, but there were issues in OOTP18 with some HoF type OF becoming first basemen. I love using players from outside the MLB database, so that might force my hand. We shall see.
Thanks. A great post. But a dumb question: how do these settings interact with those initial settings of how much weght goes to ratings, how much to current year, to previous season and 2 seasons ago? Do these do different things?
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #59
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #60
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Thanks. A great post. But a dumb question: how do these settings interact with those initial settings of how much weght goes to ratings, how much to current year, to previous season and 2 seasons ago? Do these do different things?
I use 10/60/20/10. I don't know why I do, I just do. I want stats to be worth a lot and ratings not so much. I'm not sure what led me to these settings, but I started using them a while back, so my poor brain has forgotten why I chose them in the first place.